As some of you know i lost WOI when my HD Crashed a few months ago, I also lost my confirmation code. Last night i E-mailed Support at Thirdwire and explained what happened an in only a few hours TK had E-mailed me my Confirmation code and a download link!

He didn't have to do that, it was my fault i had lost the game and code before i had backed it up,I even said so in my e-mail, but he still came through and i have WOI again!

That was so cool of him! TK and Thirdwire rules!

I just wanted to post and let everyone know what a great Person/Company we support by buying these sims!

(This time i backed it and the code up before i even installed it.)

Nice one !

That's awsome.

I am not surprised at all. The whole premis of the game is based on his kindness. He created a game that was prety much cheap as heck and has turned into a huge thing. I maybe payed $50 dollars for the game and i now have over 600 aircraft. He is very willing to help out and has helped me out personaly many times

long story short

hes the man

That's why we need to support TK and his sims!!

That's why we need to support TK and his sims!!

Now that what we're talking about!

I've bought multiple copies, when I have a couple extra bucks, for backup and to help a tiny bit more.

There are, unfortunately, so few to support anymore...

And for ALL the reasons mentioned I will ALWAYS buy TK's sims!! While I can not give any money as of yet but when I'm able I do plan to send in

my support for all the great things i get from him AND this site :good::good:

I've bought multiple copies, when I have a couple extra bucks, for backup and to help a tiny bit more.

There are, unfortunately, so few to support anymore...

I also buy extra copies to help out...as you said there are so few flight sims any more being produced. Remember, the art patrons of the 1700s-1800s which allowed timeless works of art to be produced.

Edited by ordway

The next round of copies will be the "Vista" updated versions.

Of course, I don't have Vista yet, but once TK supports Vista properly, preferably with multicore and DirectX10 support, I will finally be able to justify building a state of the art machine with Vista (or better yet, Windows 7).

I thought the patches for WOI, WOE, and WOV did just that this time around? I can't say for certain as I don't have them loaded on my only Vista PC yet (a laptop) but I thought I heard that?

That's not about DX10 or anything, just simply "working without workaround whilst whistling Wonderwoman wondrously."

The current patches fixed the CTD due to the terrain pixel shaders, but TK's stated intent is to release new versions of the sims for Vista which organize the game files according to Vista rules. I am hoping he does the DX10 upgrade and multicore upgrade as well to more fully take advantage of modern OS and hardware (better yet would be a 64 bit version). He also may update the games to some extent with higher poly models with higher res textures. No exact release date was ever specified, but by the end of this year was the original goal.