Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

SFP1_Update_Oct2008b

hi to all, i've a question: why with the new patch the main rotor in helicopter mods doesn't work?

salutes!

Is this for

Third Wire Strike Fighters: Project 1 Preview 4/29/2002?

After getting WOI, I picked up this oldie from ebay

Is this for

Third Wire Strike Fighters: Project 1 Preview 4/29/2002?

After getting WOI, I picked up this oldie from ebay

No this patch will not work for that. I think you got the Wal-Mart versions (long story, don't ask)

Hello!

Since I've patched my installation of SFP1 (modded with a lot of additional planes) with this oct. '08-patch, I cannot load any external weapon (in the loadout screen, the drop down menue shows the caption "empty", no store quantities are displayed on the left and no weapon can be attached to the plane). I'm able to engage targets only with the internal gun.

The last (from 2006?) Bunyap weapons pack is installed.

Where is the error?

Sincerely,

Uhu

I think you should have patched an unmodded CLEAN install.

open the weapondata.ini with the weapon editor then save. extract the weaponData.ini from objectData using the extractor. I think the older pack has issues with the oct patch.

Thanks, due to the hints I fixed my game. :-)

It was funny to discover that the patch actually has "killed" the weapons pack, the extracted weaponsadata.ini only had one hundred or so entries where I've normally got 2057 weapons installed.

Uhu

No, it dosen't "kill" it, the old pack just needs to be re-initalized with the the post-patch weapons editor. And all the wepons DO work once this is done (some, mind you, need additional tweeking, but 98% of them will work just fine

wrench

kevin stein

Hello!

Since I've patched my installation of SFP1 (modded with a lot of additional planes) with this oct. '08-patch, I cannot load any external weapon (in the loadout screen, the drop down menue shows the caption "empty", no store quantities are displayed on the left and no weapon can be attached to the plane). I'm able to engage targets only with the internal gun.

The last (from 2006?) Bunyap weapons pack is installed.

Where is the error?

Sincerely,

Uhu

you need to download the "new" weapons editor from thirdwire! It is specifically designed for post 08 patch.

Edited by frogbean

The only significant change I see with the new patch is lower framerates.

Compared to Aug 06, there have been some significant changes under the hood...some of which will cause lower frame rates.

FC