It's unfortunate that we don't have specular maps as well as the means to control reflection power using a texture. Then we could get nice reflective effects like I did with a realtime cgfx shader on the Skyray:

post-9221-12673089359926.jpg

post-9221-12673090192415.jpg

Edited by Julhelm

Guest rscsjsuso5

We've got a serious weed problem at the base. The gardener should be fired...

nice screenshot strikehawk i believe that the f-5roc aircraft is situated at clark afb of taiwan terrain , i still have the problem , so many weeds and trees looks like some one has to rebuild the terrain that i uploaded . darn it . just want to say nice screen and watch out for the j-11 coming from the west

Edited by EricJ

Out for a morning stroll.

post-5735-12673195424663.jpg

Voodoo on patrol....

img00001.JPG

RAFFIRECROWNFGA103.jpg

Fiat/Folland Firecrown FGA.1 of No.613 (City of Manchester) Squadron, Royal Auxiliary Air Force

(Clouds by ShrikeHawk)

RAFFISHPOTF102.jpg

Sukhoi Su-9 Fishpot F.1 of No.615 (County of Surrey) Squadron, Royal Auxiliary Air Force, 1964

RAFFISHPOTF103.jpg

Edited by Spinners

Hmm...radar-controlled bombing.....oh, right. :tongue:

Nice pics, though.

Guest Raden

Well, I use Photoshop for painting (though I like Gimp for TGAs).

For activating the bump map parameter, I'm currently on a trial version of 3d MAX 2009 with the newest TW exporter.  I'm debating purchasing the student version if possible.

As far as converting a height map made in Photoshop, I've been using a program called xNormal.

FC

Hey everyone who r maestro in 3D Max, in his previous reply to my Q re ADDING personnel in every ships (all ship), since I found it real ODD to always kill only ONE crew in every ship/carriers (2 crews) -- Wrench said that I start learning how to use the 3DMax. So, I DL the files here.

My son who is very familiar with 3DMax(ing) at his office told me, when I Q-ed him that there is no way we can use our 2-year old ACER with only 1.5GB of SDRAM2, with only 244MB of SHARED Mem.

Therefore, I must wait another, say max of, 4-5 months from today to have a really strong PC/Laptop. 

BTW, good pics u took guys. 

Edited by Raden

Guest Raden

BAC Stilleto F.3 - No.612 (City of Aberdeen) Squadron, Royal Auxiliary Air Force, 1974.

This BLUE MiG-21MF, which country owns it??? Where to DL the Skin? Thanks

Me MiG-21MF fanatics..........

Edited by EricJ

Hmm...radar-controlled bombing.....oh, right. tongue.gif

Nice pics, though.

Nice and wonderfull, replaying history !!!!drinks.gif

Derk

This BLUE MiG-21MF, which country owns it??? Where to DL the Skin? Thanks

It's an RAF 'what if' just done as a one-off and not available as a download but you can get the original Indian Air Force skin (actually a complete aircraft package) from here

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1354

It's a nice download and good teamwork by everyone involved clapping.gif

Nice and wonderfull, replaying history !!!!drinks.gif

Derk

Thanks. It's a famous picture that I have in two of my Vietnam Aviation books. Thought I'd recreate it loosely. :drinks:

famousthudfinished.jpg

New unseen classified photo from USAF archives. This photo was taken by the wingman of the P-51 seen in the picture. It was taken on October 2nd 1945 over Japan. This photo was top secret until released recently by a disgrunted USAF airman. The United States Government and the USAF claim it to be fake or reproduced using computer graphics.

Meanwhile, an ex-CIA operative claims to have a photo taken from the recon pod of a Voodoo F-101 taken in 1964 of 2 P-51 Mustangs in pristene condition flying in formation with him. They flew with him for twenty minutes before vanishing in cloud. No official information on this matter exists for public scrutiny.

mustangmeetsfuture.jpg

A more subtle and appropriate application...

img00012.JPG

EricJ will do a better job at this though.

FC

Once I get more situated I'll touch up on that. I've already got a few ideas as far as what I want to touch.

I'm not seeing it on the nozzles. If you have the original highpoly model you could do a quick bake. Using photoshop has it's limitations.

New unseen classified photo from USAF archives. This photo was taken by the wingman of the P-51 seen in the picture. It was taken on October 2nd 1945 over Japan. This photo was top secret until released recently by a disgrunted USAF airman. The United States Government and the USAF claim it to be fake or reproduced using computer graphics.

Meanwhile, an ex-CIA operative claims to have a photo taken from the recon pod of a Voodoo F-101 taken in 1964 of 2 P-51 Mustangs in pristene condition flying in formation with him. They flew with him for twenty minutes before vanishing in cloud. No official information on this matter exists for public scrutiny.

Thank you for the entertaining story telling with pics. ;)

hey there is supposed to be a bermuda triangle type area off the coast of japan so why not?

RAFTOMCATF205.jpg

Grumman Tomcat F.2 of No.614 (County of Glamorgan) Squadron, Royal Auxiliary Air Force, 1988.