Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

American North West - 4 Seasons Rebuild

American North West - 4 Seasons Rebuild

Upgrade for America NorthWest Terrains: 4 Seasons Inclusive Build

-for SF/WoV/WoE/WoI and maybe FE?

The original America Northwest Terrains; AmerianNW, AmericanNWinter and AmericaNWSpring, were released sometime back in 2003. They are exceedling FUN maps to fly on, as they are full of deep canyons and high mountain ranges. But...with the advent of the 9/08 patch for the entire 3rd Wire series, they can now be combined into ONE terrain, and with a few ini edits, allow for =ALL= 4 season to be present in ONE terrain folder. Seasonal changes are based upon the date a mission is flown, in single mission (month/day - year makes no difference), and probably in campaigns as well

This package includes ALL 4 seasons for Major Lee's "America NorthWest" series, combined.This package is designed to TOTALLY REPLACE =ALL= the original terrains, with one single install. Editing has been done to the all the inis, as per the latest patch standards. Included are also my targets and movements enhancements, as seen in a 8/07 upgrade, with some additions.

Included are the "Spring", "Summer" (by CA_Stary), "Thaw" (by Doghouse & Deuces), and "Winter" seasons as new subfolders of this rebuilt terrain. A new 'EnvrionmentalSystem.ini', that is terrain specific, was created that raises the cloud deck OFF the mountains. It's also super easy to edit, to allow for lower clouds, if that is your wish. You'll also find regional specific trees (pine) scattered across the landscape. It looks sooo much better with trees!!! :) For those looking for it, YES, there are more than a couple of Easter Eggs, as you've all come to expect.

While set in the "What If.." world of the Global Sedition vs the North American Alliance, it's quite usable for just about anything. =EXCEPTING= no anti-ship missions, as there's no large bodies of water for shipping routes. (see my pleas for retiling in the "General Notes and Other Nonsense" section below)
The movements ini has been expanded for more Armed Recon missions, with additional truck routes for both sides. Additonal targets have been added (one new city, airport and train stations for each side), and new Ground Attack routes for CAS missions. I added an oil field to the Alliance side, to give the Sedition forces something extra to bomb, and Alliance forces something to protect. I figure the story line would be "short on resources, the Global Sedititon is trying to capture the Salmon River Oil Fields and Elk Mountains Uranium Mines for their own". New country flags have been added (the 2 GS and Alliance flags are still here!) for NAA alllies - USA and Canada.

This has been tested in WoE (my main Laboratory of choice..) As it was originally built for SF, no worries there. WoV should also be no problem. It -should- work in WoI and First Eagles, but you'll still need one of the Original 3 Terrains ™ for the terrain cat reacharound. This, however, has =NOT= been tested. You use it in these games at your own risk.
Vista users should also have no problem with terrain effects, as the latest round of patching has apparently cleared up that problem. And the fact that there's no water on this map.....

Included as well is FastCargo's SON-9A "FireCan" AA control radar, and some ini updates for a few of the stock "Red" AAA units, networking them to the FireCan.

PLEASE read this entire ReadMe all the way through before installing; there are some issues I've encountered that need some explaining, and this will give you a better understanding of what I've tried to accomplish.

Good Hunting & Happy Landings!!!

Wrench
kevin stein

A hugh thanks from me!

Magnificent work, thanks very much for this one :good::biggrin:

Took a spin and.... it's amazing, it's not a rebuild man, it's a work of art. I wish there were more mobile SAM points (the border seems too "porous", though I got ambushed by an SA-8, but JDAMed the heck out of it though), but overall I like it alot.

I've been in Canada, Norway and Scotland in the last 2 years and ít's got the taste of all off them !!!

Wonderful, thank you !!

Aju,

Derk :victory:

EricJ: I agree. In theory, there could be a fixed SAM site in the area just northwest of South Bend (west of the runway). And probably one in the triangle formed by North Fork, Salmon River oil fields and alliance headquaters, but I choose to keep it simple, and use (for the most part) only stock in-all-games items.

If there's REALLY a crying need for them, I can add them in 10 minutes. That ain't nothing! I made the 'assumption' that resources are scarce, and hauling them big-ass trailers full of SAMS, fuel, servicing equipment, radars, etc (ok, some could be airlifted in via Hercs or Antonovs...and there's always the railways...) would be a major undertaking.

What it REALLLY needs are rivers and a few small lakes, to say nothing of an ocean/bay at South Bend. But, alas, that's beyond my limited capabilites with the TE.

BTW, anyone find the shipwreck yet??? :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

I found a lot of stuff that would chase me out of the area!HA!Would be nice if a good Interstate with limited traffic say as in leading to and from an all exclusive military occupied bases.The railyard is a great addition and found it tobe the most sought after target I can get.No matter what season it is,there's plenty to keep your head moving.My "Weasels" are finally looking for cover!SWEET!And better yet?This was something that whipped up in a short amount of time?DS and Korea are gonna be the "Cat's Meow" of an already extended successful series.A+...absolute F-U-N!

Edited by WDH

EricJ: I agree. In theory, there could be a fixed SAM site in the area just northwest of South Bend (west of the runway). And probably one in the triangle formed by North Fork, Salmon River oil fields and alliance headquaters, but I choose to keep it simple, and use (for the most part) only stock in-all-games items.

If there's REALLY a crying need for them, I can add them in 10 minutes. That ain't nothing! I made the 'assumption' that resources are scarce, and hauling them big-ass trailers full of SAMS, fuel, servicing equipment, radars, etc (ok, some could be airlifted in via Hercs or Antonovs...and there's always the railways...) would be a major undertaking.

What it REALLLY needs are rivers and a few small lakes, to say nothing of an ocean/bay at South Bend. But, alas, that's beyond my limited capabilites with the TE.

BTW, anyone find the shipwreck yet??? :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Well once I get a grasp of TE eventually, I may look into something like that. But the eyecandy (hadn't seen what WDH has seen, yet.), and agree, the lakes and rivers would be a very nice addition but I figure the more the merrier, but as such, it is definitely something that I'm sure Maj Lee would be proud of, and any more updates or additions would obviously be welcome. The noise on the texture reminds me sorta of LOMAC so it's really good when skimming the valleys or mountains, just overall great! I just got to change it to the Thaw version and I'll be set, though the Spring is nice so far....

EricJ,sorry 'bout that wording error 'bout Interstate.It's not in terrian...yet....

Soory WDH, I meant more or less the train tracks and stuff, but a road system would actually be cool thing to add, if not a highway system. But hey it's good enough for gov work so I'll enjoy :smile:

Soory WDH, I meant more or less the train tracks and stuff, but a road system would actually be cool thing to add, if not a highway system. But hey it's good enough for gov work so I'll enjoy :smile:

HINT:There's alot of SAM's and AAA waiting on you there. :yes: Oh yes!It's true!

Well I took a peek at the Planning map... so a recon trip to the SW of the map may yield some results, mayhaps a carrier around too?

But when I get that mission... will see. So far I'm liking (well not really) the ZSU-23-4 pack, good stuff :good:

Hi Wrench

Is there a chance that this version work under the "old" SP4 patch?

Just in case...

Spill: I don't think so, as the seasonal coding originated with First Eagles (expansion pak???), and was incorporated into Wo* with the latest patches.

You can always drop the terrain folder into an unpatched game, and see if it works. At worst, it'll crash. At best... :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

Water, water everywhere...

AmericaNW_Sea.jpg

some reorganizing the texturelist and... :yes:

of course, the tilesets will need to be overhauled (again); I used the stock desert tileset w/this.

That's a good start, jtin. A little close to "The Wall" maybe...

what's needed is water where South Bend is. Center, lower portion of map. Some rivers; one in the canyon/gorge just nortf of (ha!) North Fork, following the terrain towards Salmon River (duh!) oil filds.

I'll work an image of what I'd envisioned, and post it in the Mods & Skinning Forum

Wrench

kevin stein

Looking cool jtin!

OH YEAH!What a beauty!Excellent!..... :notworthy::wacko:

Did some brainstorming, and some thinking......

Figured since I don't have WOE, I could see what I could do elsewhere...

It's usable for sure, rough field landings but if JSF_Aggie is still modding, then only suggestion is a "dirt" or "runway" for this. It works on landing, but the thing is, the "runway" would have to have the emergency wire that the USAF had for like the F-15, or F-16? for hook capable a/c

Included in the zip is the last set of images, modded ini file.

Note you will JSF_Aggie's Highway Runway mod in the Downloads section, and add his target types to the AMERICA_NW_TYPES.ini

The included zip has the one pictured below... moved slightly though but still workable.

post-5735-1227674859_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1227674935_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1227674979_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1227675007_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1227675023_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1227675034_thumb.jpg