Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Seasoned WOE GermanyCE

hello

i have fly over your new terrain and it good to fight on

i have found in the folder that the GERMANYSG50B was not the good ,he don't look same as auther

christian

hello

i have fly over your new terrain and it good to fight on

i have found in the folder that the GERMANYSG50B was not the good ,he don't look same as auther

christian

Ahh, it's a leftover piece from my GermanyCE test/work folder, but it's not used, it's from marvellous Brain32's HR extended repaint.

Somehow made it's way to the package.

Stary, you've outdone yourself. Gorgeous terrain! Thanks

Jeff

And here are some low altitude shots from winter edition, as usual work in progress:

I decided to do the winter version as light/medium snow coverage, trees are mostly done apart from woodlands,

now i've started working on buildings repaints. Also some ground textures need tweaking.

Damn it Stary, i leave my house and 15 minutes later you come up with this! And i wont be back till Friday.

But im really looking forward to this. Keep it up man!

Truly outstanding! If the winter screenshots were posted on other forums, I bet you would get a lot of people taking another look at WO*.

Damn...that's nice!

CA_Stary, is it possible to tweak the textures on JSF_Aggie's road airfield bunkers for the winter season?

Just wondering...

FC

Damn...that's nice!

CA_Stary, is it possible to tweak the textures on JSF_Aggie's road airfield bunkers for the winter season?

Just wondering...

FC

I'll have a look on that mod :yes:

If it's like the ANW 4 Seasons, I think all you'd need is the bunker's texture in the proper season's tile folder.

Wrench

kevin stein

hello

very nice work

winter look cold , i love this

the summer will be new , or we can use Brain32's HR terrain more time??

christian

very nice work CA_Stary!!! :good:

can´t wait to fly over the seasoned Germany terrain!

hello

very nice work

winter look cold , i love this

the summer will be new , or we can use Brain32's HR terrain more time??

christian

Yes you can, but the new objects and cities from "Forests and farms 2" are developed for standard tileset, Deuces repaint or Max188's HR one. Too much work to make version form Brains set ATM. Also some tiles for summer setting will be reworked

Here are medium/high altitude shots of current stage of winter textures. These are scaled up to 512x512 and corrected/recoloured again in most areas to give sharper, nicer look.

Shown are optional fields to replace default empty grasslands that airbases are placed on

To do:

-Some buildings tweaks and graphics

-runway mod compatibility check, eventuall minor paint job

-minor tree graphics and repositioning in few cases (process I don't like that much...)

I hope this weekend I'll be able to upload full winter edition :smile:

I don't know if I like the 'runway on fields' look...I find most military airfields tend to look closer to what the stock game looks like (cleared out fields).

Otherwise though, it looks spectacular!

FC

Awesome work CA_Stary. This takes WOE to a whole new level. Can't wait for a campaign to switch seasons on me. I'll probably have to go in now and have some of the aircraft change skins part way through some of the campaigns.

I agree with FC on both counts. Awsome looking mod

You said you were going to make a package. What other seasons do you plan on doing?

I don't know if I like the 'runway on fields' look...I find most military airfields tend to look closer to what the stock game looks like (cleared out fields).

FC

FC, these fields are alternative version, for those that from some reasons don't like default empty areas. Both will be included for you to choose.

@triplethr3at:

Autumn is available, now doing winter, reworked summer objects, see about spring one.

After all packages up, I'll do germanyCE_data to utilize new seasoning feature. Now they work as replacement packs or other terrain

Otherwise though, it looks spectacular!

FC

Tower, this is Zulu Lead, taxiing to Runway A-123B, Wait, i just got a corn cob and it fodded my engine. lol

CA, seasoning changes is also able in Single Mission?

The only problem is that selecting mission date currently we can select year only, not year and month. So date is created randomly during mission generation process. I *think* the other way would be to have separate cloned terrains, so you can pickup season easily, BUT then you could fly winter in lets say July. Also bad.

Any ideas?

With Single Missions in mind, I've tried making my default summer style terrain and the new autumn terrain into two separate folders so that I could choose them in the Single Mission menu along with choosing the aircraft, mission type, etc but haven't had much luck.

After downloading the autumn terrain the default summer terrain crashed when the mission was loading, so I deleted the autumn one and stuck with the default terrain, for the time being at least. Pity really; I'm really impressed with Autumn :yes:

CA, there is nothing in any terrain INI that apoint in wich month should each season appear?

CA, there is nothing in any terrain INI that apoint in wich month should each season appear?

1. If you want ot make stand alone copy of a terrain do the following:

Create a folder in your terrain directory, example here being "GermanyCE Autumn" -copy everything from your default GermanyCE folder to the new one, open your GermanyCE.ini from GermanyCE Autumn directory and change:

TerrainFullName=Germany Autumn -this is the name of the cloned terrain displayed in Single Mission start screen

Then you must rename to Germany Autumn all these files:

GermanyCE.ini

GermanyCE_data.ini

GermanyCe_targets.ini

GermanyCE_types.ini

GermanyCE_movements.ini*

GermanyCE_dogfight.ini

GermanyCE.CAT (read below)

GermanyCE.HFD*

GermanyCE.TFD*

* these of the above may be stored in GermanyCE.cat and you'll need to extract them; copying and renaming GermanyCE.cat is not needed bt you'll have to add cat pointer in terrain ini file

so they are now named:

GermanyCE Autumn.INI

GermanyCE Autumn_data.INI

GermanyCE Autumn_targets.INI

GermanyCE Autumn_types.INI

GermanyCE Autumn_movement.ini

GermanyCE Autumn_nations.INI

GermanyCE Autumn_briefing.INI -not sure if this one is needed

GermanyCE Autumn_dogfight.INI

you'll need to make changes to the GermanyCE Autumn.ini to point to the new filenames:

DataFile=GermanyCE Autumn_data.INI

TargetFile=GermanyCE Autumn_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=GermanyCE Autumn_types.INI

MovementFile=GermanyCE Autumn_movement.ini

NationsFile=GermanyCE Autumn_nations.INI

BriefingText=GermanyCE Autumn_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=GermanyCE Autumn_dogfight.INI

Now try if you can fly the Germany Autumn terrain. If you do, install the Autumn mod to cloned Germany Autumn folder, just like you would to to normal GermanyCE folder.

After installing the mod you'll have to rename the GermanyCE_data.ini FROM the mod to GermanyCE Autumn_data.ini.

Works ok in my case, now apart from default Germany you have new Germany Autumn terrain to choose.

2. As for your question what part of ini point in which month should each season appear -here's an example from Wrench's AmericaNW.ini:

[season001]

Directory=Winter

StartDate=11/1

EndDate=01/27

ScatteredChance=0

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=50

InclementChance=10

[season002]

Directory=Thaw

StartDate=01/28

EndDate=03/21

ScatteredChance=40

BrokenChance=25

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season003]

Directory=Spring

StartDate=03/22

EndDate=6/25

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season004]

Directory=Summer

StartDate=06/26

EndDate=10/31

ScatteredChance=0

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=50

InclementChance=10

----------------------------

So to make Autumn season you have to add the following to your GermanyCE.ini and extract the mod to terrain/GermanyCE/Autumn folder, but it will be full season when all are available, now you can have two (Summer using standard or Brain32's tileset and Autumn, Winter within few days)

Hope I made myself clear about it, Wrench could put more light on this matter as he did the 4-season ANW terrain.