Sign in to follow this  
WombRaider

Combination Weapons Pack 2.52 Issues Thread

hey guys

Is there a WP paratrooper entry? I couldn't spot one.

LloydNB

The site says that it can not be downloaded but 10 times and the limit is reached

Yeah, I can do that Warren. So would you want to do this as a public release? Would you mind doing a release like I was saying, two WeaponData files, one with or without the training weapons?

Wrench The, USAFMTL, FastCargo, anyone, what would you guys think of something like that?

Edited by AOCbravo2004

Yeah, I can do that Warren. So would you want to do this as a public release? Would you mind doing a release like I was saying, two WeaponData files, one with or without the training weapons?

Wrench The, USAFMTL, FastCargo, anyone, what would you guys think of something like that?

Sure, actually I can make an installer that includes one with inert, or the other without. It might make the installer slightly bigger, but it can be done with one installer!

I went ahead and added FastCargo's MOAB, Moskit, and another AGM EH's ECM pod, and a few others I found. I also added RavenClaws's chaff, and flare pods. I have been also eying lindr2's pack 4. I want to wait for his final release to add it to the pack. I think this project will be nice!

What do you think about the SAMs presence now? Fly an SEAD mission on full Anti Air, and see how you like it.

Thanks for the input...

Warren

Edited by WombRaider

Wow, rapidshare only allows 10 downloads for non-premium users? That sucks, but I am going to re-upload the file to MegaUpload, they do not have that issue! I also added a few more goodies to it. 101's new sam pack, and a few other FastCargo and RavenClaw masterpieces. It is ok to add one on top of the other, it only adds stuff, does not take away from the last installer.

StandBy for link

Warren

Edited by WombRaider

Yeah, the SAM stuff is a lot of fun. You can't just use ALT-N to skip to the mission objective during SEAD missions otherwise you are dead within seconds. With all the SAM stuff now in the game you really have to use the terrain to your advantage, pop up, let the radar light up, and fire off your ARM. It's fun times.

I noticed that in your installer you included more than just the weapons folder and some ground objects. What packs are those effects and flight folder from?

? I am definitely not having that problem. Clean install?

Edited by WombRaider

hey guys

Is there a WP paratrooper entry? I couldn't spot one.

LloydNB

Oh yeah, the paratrooper is in there, is it not showing up? I never could get the damn thing to work in an aircraft right. When I open the cargo bay, or bomb bay, the guy shows up 1000 times the aircraft's size, very unusual. But, they are in there.

Edited by WombRaider

I seem to have lost all my bombs. Rockets and Missiles are all i have left it seems.

I know what happened, you installed into Wings Over Israel, and the nato tags were taken off the weapons for Israel?

EDIT AFTER TESTING....When I look at an updated DATA.ini for the F-16, and F-15, ISRAEL, and NATO are there. I wonder what issues you are having.

Warren

Edited by WombRaider

Merged install of WOE/WOV...edit...no not clean install I'll figure it out...i always do.

Let me know what happened, and if it was on my, or your end. I will fix it on mine. Thanks for the input StormTrooper, it is appreciated.

Warren

Okay!

New installer compiled, and uploaded to megaupload dot com. I need to turn the presense level of the SAMs down a bit. Even at Common, I got about 30 SAMs shot at me while I just tested! 101s new SAMs are pretty damn deadly too.

You can install this over the existing installer. I KNOW THE FILE PATH TO WOI is goofed, will be fixed later.

--> NEW DOWNLOAD <--

Good Hunting

Warren

Edited by WombRaider

For those wanting some toned down SAMs, here is the data INIs, so you do not have to wait for the next beta release. Also is a new weapondata (more small tweaks) Just extract to the root of your sim, say yes when you are asked to overwrite files.

Warren

LESS_SAMs_DATA_UPDATE.zip

wow, the loading speed on the site u posted to is slow, is anyone else haveing problems???

Man, my evil puter (can't get security setting right) wont let me d/l form that site, any chance u could shoot me an e-mail with file attached??? it's Stryker07@yahoo.com if you could.

Warren,

Ok I just finished breaking down TMF's WOI weapon pack, Bunyap's weapon pack, Lindr's weapon pack (have even included the latest Pre Release 4 pack), all of FastCargo's stuff, the Argentinian pack that was recently released, and probably all other weapon packs and individual weapons here on combatace. I now have 53 INI's that I need to combine to make the one WeaponData file. Actually scratch that I will make several WeaponData's.

1. Will have everything I have, including Nazi Germany stuff, Japanese empire stuff, inert weapons, etc

2. No Nazi, Japanese Empire, or inert weapons

It's going to be a long busy Veterans day going through all the packs making sure the attachment types are correct. Once I am done I will post what I have. Would send it to you but I need your email.

George

Edited by AOCbravo2004

Wow AOC!

I am already intersted in your work. Was about to start the same

terrible job of re-creating the pack but I notice you are trying

to do the same already. Curious to see if the Skyhawk humps and

Tomcat tanks will be there, and so on and so on.

Cheers, good luck to all doing this job!

Muesli

Wow AOC!

I am already intersted in your work. Was about to start the same

terrible job of re-creating the pack but I notice you are trying

to do the same already. Curious to see if the Skyhawk humps and

Tomcat tanks will be there, and so on and so on.

Cheers, good luck to all doing this job!

Muesli

Oh, it's all in there, the old humps, the EC-130 Radar, ALL OF IT!!!! ASAT's, MOAB's, and lions and tigers and bears oh my!

Oh, it's all in there, the old humps, the EC-130 Radar, ALL OF IT!!!! ASAT's, MOAB's, and lions and tigers and bears oh my!

If it's all finished, you'll make a lot of ppl here very happy!

Will it be SFG, WOV,WOE or WOI linked or is it gonna be

plug-and-play usable for any of the games?

(I have all but use WOI now)

To be honest I've been making this with WOI in mind. I also have SFP1 and WOE in addition to WOI so I'll have to give it a go on those platforms as well. Someone with stock WOV will have to test it to see if it works there.

Warren's pack is a great help since he has a lot of the folders all nice and neat. Once I'm done with the WeaponData I'm going to send it to him to see if he wants to plug it into his pack.

May I say I am very impressed with the work being done here, I have d/led the pack and fixes and it is working great. Good effort, thanks :biggrin::good:

Thanks again for the hard work in compiling this pack :good:

Cheers,

Baltika

Edit: Duh! Found what I was looking for :blush2:

Edited by Baltika

I can make the installer with both INIs, it would be 2 times as big because of the 2 weapondatas for everything, and 2 weapondatas for without.. Now, if you are going to add weapons to the pack, (which I went last night and downloaded everything but the Argentina pack) did you make sure they were all in folders, and not added to the pack already? It would be really hard to do that if you do no know what is already there. I compiled a beta2 a few minutes ago, uploading it now. The radars and Humps are there, and I know they work. If your aircraft has the station set for it, and if the station is properly attached in the DATA.ini, then it will work flawlessly.

So far, I have had only 3 problems at all, and I fixed them, easily. I also went in and tweaked the SAM effects too.

My thoughts on the splitting of the files.....That IMHO defeats the purpose of having a universal weapons pack. Having the training weapons show is one thing, but if you fly nothing but modern stuff, all the WWII stuff is gone after 1945, and will never show up in a modern loadout. I see what you are saying, and I do partially agree, but that is why I would like a bigger installer for the BETA3

New file is compiled, standby for download Link.

George.... I need you to send me what weapons I am missing (the Argentine ones and whatever else you come up with) Please include the [weaponDATAXXX] or if it is in your amended WEAPONDATA.INIs, then just name the folder after the LOD file, and put it in the folder with the PROPER texture file. Most just use 1 texture and 1 LOD, but some use 1 LOD, 2 BMPs or 3 LODs 1 BMP, and etc. I will add them after that. It would probably be best just to send what you have already, and let me add it, then we can break it all down into chunks, and reorganize it.

If you can text, or have a messenger, that might be feasible, as we have quite a bit to talk about, lol!

There are now 1,132 folders in the weapons folder it was 1,118 folders before!

Thanks for all your help!

Warren

Edited by WombRaider

Hey Warren, I went ahead and compiled it all, the WeaponData comes out to over 3-4mb, that is just for the INI I believe. I've added EVERYTHING I can find. The weapons that comes with Lindr's Su-17/22 family, the Su-7's, torpedoes, nukes, etc.

The way I have done it is that I added everything that is used the least towards the end of the weapons pack. I am working on streamlining it right now.

George

Hey Warren, I went ahead and compiled it all, the WeaponData comes out to over 3-4mb, that is just for the INI I believe. I've added EVERYTHING I can find. The weapons that comes with Lindr's Su-17/22 family, the Su-7's, torpedoes, nukes, etc.

The way I have done it is that I added everything that is used the least towards the end of the weapons pack. I am working on streamlining it right now.

George

Now with the nukes, did you go through and add the correct Lexx Nuke effect, and set them all to fuel-air explosives? It took me a while to research, and do all that a while back.

I am downloading the Argentine pack now, and will arrange that, and add the weapondata too. Like I said, it would be best to make a complete weapondata(that we know has everything) and then split it up, and reorganize it. Renumbering the whole thing will take a lot of time too.

99% of the stuff in the Argentine pack is in there already. In fact, most of the stuff in there is just renamed with AR_, which I removed already when the Bunyap pack had NETH, IRAQ,IRAN and all of that already. I think we can live without the individual country weapons. You can do the same thing by editing the attachment types. Lets get real anyway, Argentina does not have many weapons it did not buy from us, or the Soviets anyway.

I am going to check out Lindr2's SU-7 mod, and see what I can pluck from it to use too. I know Raven_Claws ecm pods are there, and I need them too. I am going to say neg on the Argentine pack though. Too much work, for VERY little results.

Warren

Edited by WombRaider