Sign in to follow this  
ShinKazama88

Strike Fighters Anime in the Works

I think that Dave should be included, I picture him standing around looking bored with a coffee cup in one hand and his other hand poised over the button (BAN). :biggrin:

And how you could forgot the MEESTER BEEG PANTS MAN!!!

***STORY AND CHARACTER UPDATE***

Check out the initial bios in the first page of this topic stream...n

Guys, the setting of the animation is late 70's... So please bear with that... The reason why we set the story in this time frame is because the age of pure kick-ass, no BS, dogfighting was still on... You wanted to kill the bad guy, you had to close with to visual range for a good shot. Not much emphasis BVR stuff... So adjust the character's bios if ya got em... We planned that if this is successful, we may go on as far as Season 2, THEN we can have modern air craft...

Capiche?

Pilots

Vince "Jet" Matthews (Hero) :yes:

Stays totally neutral emotionally, like he never gets excited or scared, although he has a good sence of humor.

Bernard "Ace" McDonald (Wingman) :blink:

Then have his best friend be this really aloof guy who is always forgetting things and getting girls. He is the "Comedic Relief" guy who is usually oblivious to other people's feelings always talks really loud and says stupid things.

James "Bear" Solis (Survivor) :biggrin:

Bomber pilot, always has a good joke up his sleeve. British!!!

Rei "Dragon" Yamada (Lone Wolf) :ok:

Emo. Girlfriend was killed in Parani air strike while she was working Red Cross.

Sasha Dragunov's :good: gonna have to be born in the 60's or late 50's to be a part of the series... I think Sasha's character is a defector pissed off at communism...

In regards to Dave's character, gimme a bio for him... I see him as the guy that no matter what happens, is always relaxed and casual... :dntknw:

KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!!

MORE DETAILS, SUGGESTIONS, AND COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!!!

THANK YOU

KICK-Ass this 2009!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Updated

Name: Sasha "Hawk" Dragunov

Birthplace: Unknown location, Russia

Service: 5 yrs in Soviet/Russian Airforce

Description:

*Very Aggressive in the air.

*Rarely speaks.

*Patient.

*Lone wolf.

*Keen sense of eyesight,hearing and location.

A very jolly Little Sasha and his family lived in a forest somewhere in the former Soviet Union, there, he was trained to hunt for animals almost 5 times his size for a living. He was armed with a rifle given to him by his father while he was taught to survive in the forest in case something happens. But 5 years after, after arriving from a hunt, he found his family dead. This event changed his whole personality, his heart was full of hatred,vengeance and revenge. After finishing his studies on a military university, he was quickly trained to be a marksmen,but this man is full of mysteries,he won't even tell anyone the reason why he was transferred to the airforce in spite of being the best sniper known.

Aircraft: MiG-21

Ummm shin...wad will be the role of my character?LOL.just curious, i wish he'll not be the enemy

Updated

Name: Sasha "Hawk" Dragunov

Birthplace: Unknown location, Russia

Service: 5 yrs in Soviet/Russian Airforce

Description:

*Very Aggressive in the air.

*Rarely speaks.

*Patient.

*Lone wolf.

*Keen sense of eyesight,hearing and location.

A very jolly Little Sasha and his family lived in a forest somewhere in the former Soviet Union, there, he was trained to hunt for animals almost 5 times his size for a living. He was armed with a rifle given to him by his father while he was taught to survive in the forest in case something happens. But 5 years after, after arriving from a hunt, he found his family dead. This event changed his whole personality, his heart was full of hatred,vengeance and revenge. After finishing his studies on a military university, he was quickly trained to be a marksmen,but this man is full of mysteries,he won't even tell anyone the reason why he was transferred to the airforce in spite of being the best sniper known.

Aircraft: MiG-21

Ummm shin...wad will be the role of my character?LOL.just curious, i wish he'll not be the enemy

Ok, im trying this...

He is gonna be a merc, he is another "lone wolf" who prefers to fly alone... He is the best sniper, in fact he is a freelance assassin working for the Dhimarian Government. When his contract expired, he figured he could do more in the air than on the ground...

Wat you think?

Ok, im trying this...

He is gonna be a merc, he is another "lone wolf" who prefers to fly alone... He is the best sniper, in fact he is a freelance assassin working for the Dhimarian Government. When his contract expired, he figured he could do more in the air than on the ground...

Wat you think?

WOW! that's what i'm gonna say! :)) but Dhimarian Government? wads that?

WOW! that's what i'm gonna say! :)) but Dhimarian Government? wads that?

Its the government the mercs are working for...

Dhimar

Edited by ShinKazama88

Its the government the mercs are working for...

Dhimar

OK! right on! thanks!

BTW can we expect an "Area 88" graphics?

Edited by razgriz31m

Well, this is my first post on this forums, although i have been around for a few weeks, hope you like my idea for a character.

Name: Matthew "Paladin" Calahan

Birthplace: Los Angeles, California

Experience: 2 years as a private pilot. No combat experience

Description:

-Very attuned with any plane advantages and faults.

-Very focused while on the air.

-Gets too emotional sometimes and thinks too much for his own good.

-Friendly and open, can get too attached to people.

-Being so naive he sees the world in black and white, good or bad.

Son of a Korea war ace, he always wanted to be a combat pilot, having heard his father stories this was his only dream. A dream that was crushed when the USAF rejected him after they found he had a small degree of myopia on his left eye. Torn and heartbroken he managed to get a job flying the private airplane of a business man of Los Angeles.

After hearing about the conflict that was threatening to rage on between Dhimar and Paran, he saw it as his last chance to fulfill his dream and become an ace like his father.

Edited by Jaman

Small update on Rei:

*tiger attitude, always goes for a kill wherever & whenever possible

*instinct flyer (occured after his girlfriend's death), rarely use tactical moves or flight school maneuvers

*very skeptical about things & rarely trust anyone

Originally came from clandestine JASDF aid to Dhimar, Rei quickly establish himself as an excellent fighter jocks, if not taken as a rookie for his lack of actual combat experience. However, frustrated with the prolonged war (with the loss of his girlfriend), Rei considers this war as personal affair. Being cold and somewhat distant from the other pilots, his unstable self is reflected by his flying style: close-in dogfighter and suicidal tactics. :biggrin:

Oh, and one question: Will there be any female pilot or character?

Edited by New Guy

Well given that you've got a few actual pilots on the boards, lets try this:

Pilot: Fast Cargo

A Major who longs to get back into an operational squadron and back to his beloved B-1B. However, red tape prevents this, so he resigns his commision. Reading about the on-going conflict in this far away land, he sells off his belongings and buys a one-way ticket. He joins up with (insert country here) and begins a new life on the front lines. Given his vast experience and resume as a former Instructor pilot, he is given his own flight to mold into an elite fighting force.

Pilot: Jug

A quiet man, who reflects on the days of old, flying solo recce missions. His steads included the RF-101 Voodoo, the RF-4C and the U-2 Dragonlady.

While doing some contracted consultation to (insert country here), he gets caught up in the emotions that only come out when a a man's life is on the line. He volunteers his services.

And then there is Dave.

NOT a quiet man at all, but smart as anyone. He longed to be a pilot, but the AF had other plans for his career path. After many years as a Boot Camp Instructor, he was given control of the base's nerve center, the Command Post. From there he made a name for himself. Any emergency, natural distaster or civil disturbance, he had the ability to foresee everything before it evolved and had the pieces in place to counter it. His last post was as a GCI (Ground Control Intercept) station Senior Controller. His coolness underpressure nearly guaranteed a pilot's successful air battle. His abilities and calm voice over the radio was almost as good as having him in the backseat or in another jet alongside.

-------------------------------------------------------------

How's thats for starters?

-S

Well, if you have pilots then you'll need support, like McCoy's character, the unit supply master.

Charles "The Clown" Mostelleto

Age; 40 something

Experience; Ran with an Itailian-American street gang from age 11 to age 17

US Navy as an Aircrewman in the "Brown Water Navy" where he found his calling as the go to guy for the unit, you need it, he'll find it.

Fence for certain Families on the East Coast

American of Italian descent, at 17 the judge gave him his choice, 4 years in the military or 10 years in prison. Spent 22 years in the Navy, with several tours in a certain area of SE Asia doing God knows what. After his retirement he found little work other than "Family" business. A friend told him that his talents as a scrounger and fence could be put to good use in Dhimar. He is in charge of the Supply concession and while the pilots complain they know that he could and sometimes does charge more. He got his nickname The Clown in the Navy for his weird sense of humor and awful practical jokes. Has connections to certain "Alphabet" agencies from his days in the service and to crime syndicates through his family ties. While no longer a criminal himself he's proud of where he came from.

If you need a new bird, fuel,or toilet paper, The Clown is the one to see. Also for the right price he can get intel for the next operation or the background on anyone in the Merc ranks, though this is done for a high price and the reason had better be good. While he never married he has several lady friends that he see's on his "shopping trips" for operational supplies. His one true joy is however the station's only Huey helicopter, every spare moment is spent on it like a 16 year old with his first car. His training as a crewman is sometimes put to use looking for a downed merc, mostly because the guy owes him money, he complains that he's to old for this stuff but deep down he knows that this what he'll be doing to his last breath.

Edited by firehawkordy

Okay here is mine since no one seems to be creating a female character I think I should since the stories of the TM have a good sum of female characters in them.

Marlene "Dove" Laners

Hair: Medim long black hair

Eyes: Brown eyes

Aircraft: Dark Blue SpeCat Jaguar with a white Silhouette of a bird on the top of the aircraft and a Red tail with a white and gold Rose

Background:

Marlene grew up moving from place to place because of her Marine father who was an ace in Korea and toured around giving lessons in air combat, which she frequently attended and was fascinated by, but one day her father was called to serve in vietnam. Marlene wanted to go with her father and tried signing up as a figher pilot in the Air Force, Marine Corps, and even the Navy but she was susequently laughed out of the recruiters offices. While searching for a solution an French blonde haired female ace only known as "Rose" somehow tracked her down and gave her the opportunity to join the mercenary air force and help the Dhimarian goverment, which she quickly grasped at the age of 18! The next two years she learned the art of flying, air combat, and advanced air maneuvers which helped her get 13 air to air victories. While traveling with "Rose" She had grown quite fond of her and enjoyed her time with her, until one day when they were returning to base and a single Blue and white Mig-21 jumped them and after a few minutes sent a rain of shells into Roses Red F-4C. Unfortunately Rose could not bail from her aircraft because she was too wounded and subsiquently went down with her aircraft. From that point on Marlene vowed to take revenge on the cobalt Fishbed, while gaining the reputation of being not so nice of a person especially towards cocky guy fighter jocks she also gained the reputation as being a "Flying Beauty" because she was one of the few female fighter pilots

Sorry for long back story I just care about the characters I create If you have any questions about the character I created please ask.

Edited by Falcon161

James "Rodeo" Franklin

Hair: Scruffy Brown

Eyes: Brown eyes

Aircraft: F-106 Delta Dart

Background: James, a Texas steer rangler turned farmer, began flying crop dusters at the age of 19. He would frequently use the small aircraft to move 400 head of cattle back into fertile feeding grounds. As his brothers and family grew older, he left the ranch and worked for the government spraying "insecticides" in different areas of the world. He occasionally met resistance on the ground and in the air, but his prowess with the Crop Duster to lead the steer to water has made him the master positioning other enemy aircraft for a quick kill, or acting as bait to lead them to their demise. Youth and skill have no match for his wisdom and treachery.

Perhaps the main character should be a more colourful individual, a character that readers could relate to in a way.

How's the plan for the choices and stuff in the visual novel? Currently, I've only read Type-Moon (Shingetsutan Tsukihime & Kagetsu Tohya) visual novel before...

Hey guys thanks a lot for helping us out with your characters...

We are introducing another grease monkey.

David "Ratchet" Sevour

Background

Ratchet is a Dhimari-American teenager who was born in the United States but grew up in Dhimar after his american father joined the Dhimarian Air Force as a civilian consultant. His mother is Dhimarian but she flew to the U.S.A. when the conflict escalated. Ratchet was always keen on aircraft design and maintenance since he was 10. During the first air strikes, Ratchet was at home when his father phone to meet him at the airport. Ratchet grabbed a few things, stuffed it in his backpack and headed to the airport. Upon arriving, he saw the airport totally destroyed. Thinking his father would eventually meet up with him, Ratchet waited until the next morning only to find that the city was about to be overrun by Paran forces. He then reluctantly boards an evac chopper bound for the merc airbase. Once there, Ratchet hung around, hoping his father would arrive on another evac. While waiting, Ratchet tries to help out with repairs and overhauls on newly arrived merc aircraft until ground crew realize his talents. Currently (in the series) he has established himself as an authority on aircraft maintenance drawing from his father's knowledge and all those days spent reading schematics, manuals, and repair books...

I'm interested how the airbase would look like...

i have few suggestions... it should be more a secret base... and the "coolest" i have seen is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ6Tb7udryo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqbMBB1-27E

Interactive map of the airbase... (just zoom in, flash required)

http://www.zeljava-lybi.com/zeljavaschema.html

nice idea.

i would suggest another character.

Thomas "Reaper" Wright

former USN pilot in the korean conflict, he joins the mercs in 1959, at the beginning of the war.

his usual ride is a F-8B crusader, that he will later change to a Phantom II F-4J (later again an F-4S)

he will die at the end of the second dhimari war (burning sands 1983)

strange subject, always calm and relaxed, but also a bit asocial. he prefers planes to people.

David "Ratchet" Sevour will become his crew chief, and firend.

he has frequent contacts with his motherland, and in the peace period between the two wars he goes back to the US and gets married.

he will get back to dhimar in 1983, 3 years after the birth of his son, but he won't come back.

you can place it as a side character.

since it seems to be also older than the others, you can define him as his mentor.

another thing, how about selections and simulated dogfights to choose the pilots that will form the squadron?

***UPDATE***

Character Previews

Got a slight problem ryt now, our tablet is all screwed up, so expect sum delay... WIll soon upload preliminary scripts of episode 1: "Flash Fire" and episode: 2 "Backlash"...

Thanks for your support!!!

character_1.bmp

Edited by ShinKazama88

Cool but one prob links are broken bro. Cant wait to see first issue man! BTW man I am the only one who has submited a female character which is odd

@ Shin: A little tip - NEVER link to files on your HD - it doesn't work...