Trivia time, name something that is different from the F-111C and the F-111G and if you know, why is it like that?

img00006.jpg

img00010.jpg

img00011.jpg

Both are correct but not the answer I am looking for. Who ever gets it right get a pre-release copy.

The F-111Gs are no longer in service with the RAAF while the Cs are.

Trivia time, name something that is different from the F-111C and the F-111G and if you know, why is it like that?

The F-111G has the letter G in it, while the F-111C does not. This is because G comes after C in the English alphabet, and the F-111G came after the F-111C.

F-111C is the C version while the F-111G is the G version? :umnik2:

It has some slimmer on it and as I can see the very uncommon loadout of AIM-9 sidewinders

Differences between C and G are ECMs, combatradius and engines. The C versions recieved and avionics upgrade and fly by wire.

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

The F-111G had a longer range and better ECM capabilities than the original F-111C and the F-111Gs had the more powerful TF30-P-107 turbofan rather than the P-103 of the F-111C and had different (Triple Plow II) intakes.

Edited by suhsjake

It has some slimmer on it

Correct and now the why?

for a better night formation flight ????

Well that is what they are used for. Still not the why they are on the G and not the C.

The F-111G is aerodynamically superior to the RAAF's F/RF-111C fleet, with better climb performance, range and a more robust inlet design. Well thats what me books says.... :biggrin:

Because the G is a rebuilt modernized version of the FB-111A. The G was the model built as a supplement trainer for the USAF TAC Command, but when the TAC command didn't need them they were sent to AMARC where they where further upgraded to RAAF needs and standards.

Due to the low viz grey scheme?

Geez, man, you put some research into this stuff don't you?

And I thought I was a Vark-o-phile...

:blink:

Nope, come on guys, this is easy.

One is purpose built for RAAF... and the other was a retread FB-111A to the F-111G Trainer...!!!

As training aircraft FB-111As modified as F-111Gs no longer carried any tanks. However, they did retain the FB-111A pylons, which were pointed at the front and more sharply angled at the back than those found on other F-111s.

So the answer I think this time is the FB-111A / F-111G's have 2 extra pylons under the wings for carriage of 2 extra 600 gallon drop tanks.

Operationally, fuel tanks would probably only be used in conjunction with AGM-69A SRAMs (FB-111As only) or B61 nuclear weapons on the inboard pylons.

Pacman and AOC are correct. It was a USAF requirement to have slimers not an Aussie requirement. The G already had them when the Aussies got them. I told you the answer was easy.

Pacman and AOC are correct. It was a USAF requirement to have slimers not an Aussie requirement. The G already had them when the Aussies got them. I told you the answer was easy.

Now that the answer is here its easy lol :biggrin: