Sign in to follow this  
cgold

Continental Airlines

:shok:

my prayers are with them and their families

:(

Very reminiscent of the Roselawn, IN crash back in 1995 when an ATR turboprop went down on Halloween night. It's also the same thing that happen to Comair Flt 3272 that crashed in Monroe Michigan in 1997

They issued an AD in that incident that required all AFM and POH's to be changed to advise Flight Crew of "What Ice is" and why to avoid it at all cost. AD 96-09-24

I've got some pretty tough opinions here, so I'll just keep them to myself and pray for the families.

M

I'm 100% sure the deicing system failed... It explains the engine shutdowns, the terrible glide rate, and the erratic control movement...

Damm, -8s fly over here all the time. I always considered them to be pretty safe as far as airliners go. I have to agree that the De-icing system failed, or else the ice somehow accululated faster then it could be done away with.

RIP, APGTH

Edited by Rambler 1-1

Condolences and a prayer for their families.

FC

PS And a note of caution here. Unless you're on the NTSB investigation board, you don't know exactly what happened. Period. Statements such as "100% sure" after 1 day are unwarranted, and frankly, irresponsible.

Condolences and a prayer for their families.

FC

PS And a note of caution here. Unless you're on the NTSB investigation board, you don't know exactly what happened. Period. Statements such as "100% sure" after 1 day are unwarranted, and frankly, irresponsible.

I've heard the CVR, in which the crew mentions extensive icing, and also, icing is the only problem in that situation that would account for all the problems

And how many years of flying experience do YOU have?

You will note all the pilots on this board...especially those with LOTS of experience, will tell you the exact same thing...the cause is not officially determined until the investigation is complete. You'd be surprised by what pops up.

FC

Amen. unspecialized media account means generally little to nothing

And a Prayer for All those that are not with us anymore

And how many years of flying experience do YOU have?

You will note all the pilots on this board...especially those with LOTS of experience, will tell you the exact same thing...the cause is not officially determined until the investigation is complete. You'd be surprised by what pops up.

FC

I know it isn't official, I'm just speculating