MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Nice shot and very poetic, Dej,

and really nice skins, Guys! :good:

I've noticed that most of the shots are in story weather or low light.. everything looks better then, but would like to see more shots in clear weather..comments?

Possibly because people don't realise, that you can change the weather /Location in the CFSQC in Workshop..but not in normal QC from the main menu??

Please don't scratch my plane.

Spot on Fubar. :biggrin:

Please don't scratch my plane.

What a beautiful day for a flight in the country. :yes:

Good Morning All,

In my spare time as of late I've been busy working on my entry for the OFF Plane Skinning Contest, and while I still have MUCH to do on it terms of tweaks, color adjustments, blending and such, I was able to take my new Camel up for a toodle over the lines this AM. Here are a couple of screen shots just to peak you interest.

ENTER THE DRAGON

off_camel_dragon_1.jpg

off_camel_dragon_2.jpg

I am again attempting to keep this looking as vintage as possible even though it is a complete fabrication on my part. But as with the Strutter project I have taken ideas and guidance from actual WWI aircraft in order to maintain the period feel of the overall design. I can't wait for this one to be completed. Even unfinished it is so very cool to fly it. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

This dragon skin of yours taking the cake Lou. Criminey... what a look. Exotic and period. I love the upper wing. It's nice for us to have the freedom to create these non-historic skins but have them fully functional in game. You blow me away with this one tho.

Wow - I'm speachless! Really great looking. I wish, the allied had flown such skins.

Now im just being picky, but what about skinning the dragons wings over the wings of the aircraft. :biggrin: I like the tail extending back to the rudder. Very nice plane ya got there Lou.

S!

Thanks Gents, I appreciate your feedback. Macklroy, having the actual wings of the dragon was my first thought as well, and I even mocked it up. But I chose instead to take the shape element of the dragon wings and use that to create the design and pull in the different colors from the body. I am still adjusting this whole thing and may try wrapping the wing design around the tops of the roundels and terminate it in a flared tip. The lower wings will have a similar treatment to the top, I just havent decided what that will be yet. And I am trying different ideas on the tail plane as well. But it's getting closer.

Cheers!

Lou

I think if my Jasta campaign pilot comes up against that, he will jump out of his Albatross!!

Superb Skin Lou!

Everyone is talking about a more serious approach to the sim, and a way to survive it for long.

But sometimes, it's just so much fun and adrenalin, fighting the "Olham-Way"!

My flight of 5 Albatros D V from Jasta 15 had just crossed the lines for patrolling enemy terrain,

when flight 1 was jumped at by 5 SPAD VII and a single Nieuport 17 from Esc.62.

We climbed, until we could attack with advantage of height, while everyone was in a furball.

From the top, I worked my way down like this:

11h13 First SPAD VII of Esc.62 destroyed

11h14 SPAD VII of Charles Alfred Quette, Esc.62, destroyed

11h14:36 Single Nupe 17 destroyed

After this, I recollected my wingmen and climbed. In some distance, more planes were turning.

We approached them higher up; they were two SPAD VII, fighting one Albatros. They killed it

during our approach, and one SPAD climbed towards us. He was in for my revenge.

We turned very tight, and I ordered my wings, to distract him. When he left the turn, that was his end.

11h21 SPAD VII of Francois Coli of Esc.62 destroyed

What happened next, I can't explain. All the last minutes, I had not downed the nose of my Albatros

for more than 15° (had the Horizon on!); nor did I get a warning about airframe stress (or it was very

short on - I didn't see any). But my plane broke up im mid air!

I pressed escape and exit; and then I got the message, I was now a POW for the rest of the war.

I'm thinking of clicking the aircraft stress off - this happens just too often, and unpredictable; and I

don't believe, the Albatros broke up that easily.

Maybe you just got a "lemon" (defective airplane). If I were you, I'd go to the factory and show them what for! : :boxing:

Just took the J72b up for a quick spin...nearly came a cropper in the first 20 seconds!...(did come a cropper from the Newp on my bottom!)

If you look closely, you can see his tracer's in between my top and bottom wings on the right.

post-22245-1240215434_thumb.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Widowmaker, if you like the turnfighting of a Camel, then don't pick the Pfalz.

I hughly recommend the Fokker Dr.1 - it takes some QC, to get used to it's instable

behaviour, but then she is unbeatable in turnfights.

Widowmaker, if you like the turnfighting of a Camel, then don't pick the Pfalz.

I hughly recommend the Fokker Dr.1 - it takes some QC, to get used to it's instable

behaviour, but then she is unbeatable in turnfights.

Yep, the Pfaltz is not a very good fighter plane i'm afraid.

Nice looking, fun to skin..but yukio to fly combat!... I bet a Pfaltz Campaign pilot wouldn't last very long!..Best ask for a Transfer!

Nice looking, fun to skin..but yukio to fly combat!... I bet a Pfaltz Campaign pilot wouldn't last very long!..Best ask for a Transfer!

Try joining Jasta 10 end of 1917 - I wish I had lasted long enough to put in for a tranfer!

Actually, one of my longest-living pilots ever is flying in a Pfalz in Jasta 10, early 1918. You have to be VERY careful with the Pfalz. Don't even think of attacking Nupes or Camels if you don't have the advantage of speed and height, and even then just make a quick pass, fire and hope to hit something and then get the hell out of there. Of scouts, Spads (especially the VII) are the easiest opponents for the Pfalz. They're so clumsy that you can even out turn them.

Looks like I won't be a Pfalz pilot for long though; Jasta 10 has Albatros D.V's next on the menu, and after that the main dish, Fokker D.VII. :biggrin:

And what a beauty that skin by RAF_Louvert is! :ok:

Try joining Jasta 10 end of 1917 - I wish I had lasted long enough to put in for a tranfer!

You weren't careful enough! The Pfalz is cowardly man's plane. :biggrin:

Hey Lou?... How many skins have you made in total?.... Cos that ain't a noobie skin!...That is summat else!!!

Morning Widowmaker,

The dragon skin will be my 4th OFF plane project. HOWEVER...I have likely painted at least 200 planes in RB3D. And I have to tell you, this is like coming from crayons on cardboard to a full set of oil paints and a life-size canvas. I am now able to do all the things when painting that I could only dream about in Red Baron. :yes:

Cheers!

Lou

Morning Widowmaker,

The dragon skin will be my 4th OFF plane project. HOWEVER...I have likely painted at least 200 planes in RB3D. And I have to tell you, this is like coming from crayons on cardboard to a full set of oil paints and a life-size canvas. I am now able to do all the things when painting that I could only dream about in Red Baron. :yes:

Cheers!

Lou

Hay, Lou, welcome to the adult painting class!! Isn't iit nice to have a full set of paints for a change? When I first started working on Wings of War skins, and then OFF skins, it was so incredibly fun for a change to not have to be so restricted like the old days. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.. all the best,

BTW.. love the dragon skin!

Edited by rabu

Hasse Wind: Looks like I won't be a Pfalz pilot for long though; Jasta 10 has Albatros D.V's next on the menu

Wow, Hasse, Albatros D V is what I'm just flying with Jasta 15, in July 1917. Should be better a fighter than your defensive Pfalz.

But be careful - the new aircraft stress model is unforgiving, and for my opinion, too hard. So don't dive steep! And even after a

soft dive, pulling up can ruin your day.

Until that is not changed, I will keep aircraft stress switched off.

Wow, CJ, that's a great shot to show the new tracers. Is it tricky to install those?