MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Great shots as always Olham,love the lighting on the first work beautiful shots

a couple of shots showing Lou's 1916 Strutt "Elephant" skin ,Great skin ,Many Thanks CFS32012-04-3020-55-09-80.jpg?t=1335816610CFS32012-04-3020-57-14-66.jpg?t=1335818158CFS32012-04-3020-35-42-48.jpg?t=1335816861CFS32012-04-3020-30-27-08.jpg?t=1335816167CFS32012-04-3020-53-51-91.jpg?t=1335816384CFS32012-04-3020-53-04-89.jpg?t=1335817822

Edited by Adger1971

Especially the airfield attack looks great, Adger - nice to see some craft which are not so common here.

Thank you Olham.can i ask what photo software you use? ,ive picked up photobucket which is free ,but i seem to be struggling with it .i capture my screens using fraps then upload them.thank you :good:

I am a graphic designer, and so I use Photoshop, Adger.

Thank you for your quick reply Olham,gonna try with my nero photosnap see what i can produce.Thank you once again

MAN! There are so many great screenies and videos here Gents, really amazing stuff. And Adger, nice to see some of my old skins still getting used. I like the way you're doing the "photo" treatment as well.

Keep sharing, folks! :good:

I just started a new D.VII pilot with Jasta 13 and designed a quick skin for him prior to this QC scramble fight over our airfield against Vipers. It was mostly a test-flight to check out the new paint-job but quickly turned into a spirited fight with some good low-level fighting. :salute:

Good video Shiloh. I see that you are working on leading your target better and also doing a great job at checking your 6 when you are engaging an enemy aircraft. Definitely a crucial skill to have if you want to live longer in the campaigns. Gratz on your kills sir! You'll do Jasta 13 proud.

Hellshade

Thanks Hellshade! I've been working on my shooting and I think it's paying off. There have been a least a few instances over my last fights when I decided to look back "one more time" only to find e/a ready to deal some damage. Look forward to seeing some more of your videos here. :salute:

You guys produce videos faster than I can make screenshots - must have a look later tonight.

Here's my new Jasta 2 pilot with a perfect kill - and two witnesses near.

Now the problem is - who are the fellers? Without Labels it's playing by chance.

But maybe that way I will get a more believeable kill rate.

Halberstadt.jpg

That's a really nice screenie Olham - you captured the moment perfectly. :salute:

I too have been struggling with this lately as I don't want to turn on labels and I don't want to pause either as it's killing the continuity of my fights. Sometimes I warp due to time constraints so a manual watch wouldn't due to record time and I don't want to hit 'z' to see the accurate time. Some craft have clocks but not all of them do.

Just recently I experimented with putting claims on 'easy' and then thought I would go back and manually adjust my files to reflect a 'rough percentage' of kills to be confirmed with the rest failing. Typically when I've flown with labels my success rate on claims was close to 90% or at least high-80's. Perhaps without listing the ESC/RFC/Jasta etc. my percentage would go down to lets say 75%. Then there would be the ones we do recognize so the rate might go back up again into the low 80's.

I'm not sure what's best but I too would like my percentages to be a bit more accurate to what they might have been historically but that doesn't mean I don't want to shoot down a ton of planes. Are there any documents or anything that exists that might show the percentage rates of claims going through for WWI aces. For example, MvR had 80 confirmed victories but how many total claims did he have?

Yeah, compromise or not - that is the question.

I press "Pause" for the screenshots - otherwise I could not find the best angle in outside view.

Of course I don't make screenshots in every sortie.

For noting the time, I use the inflight map or the "Z" key - cause I have no inflight watch.

As for the claims/confirms difference: as far as I know, only 3 of von Richthofen's claims were not confirmed.

But he was built up to an iconic heroe,so I guess they didn't resent so many for him, as they may have done

for other pilots.

But that is not the point so much.

An interesting point is to me, that a great aviator like Ernst Udet, who had served throughout the whole war

(as far as fighters were involved), had "only" gathered 62 kills.

I say "only", because we make that number of kills within 4 - 5 months of the war; or even faster.

Now I do not believe, that we are so much better pilots than Udet.

The difference is rather, that we learned flying and fighting with many pilot lives; under very comfortable conditions -

we can drink coffee, we have it nicely warm, we don't suffer from high or low G's, we don't need to scan our

environement through rain-sprinkled goggles, we can press "Pause" when we need to go to the toilet, etc. etc.

Still, all these pilots have died or became PoWs.

Even most of our long lasting ones did not live longer than 1 year of the war.

With the knowledge of hundred pilots, and with the comfort which we fly in, we pile the kills.

We are cold-blooded and quite reckless, because we cannot get hurt. We can't lose a leg or an arm. We don't die.

That's why for me, my kill numbers don't mean much anymore.

That's why I even go as far as dropping most of my kills. I just don't claim them.

Never more than one per sortie.

Witnesses: only one name (if this guy wasn't close enough - rejected).

And still I notice, I am making more kills than Manfred von Richthofen, who is an early fighter pilot in my Staffel - Jasta 2.

Manfred has no kills yet - I have.

You see how "hard" it can get to make it more historically true - almost impossible.

But I'll keep trying - cause I'm addicted to OFF. :grin:

Edited by Olham

Absolutely spot on Olham,nobody else could have answered that so simply,yet so effective,brilliant wording sir :salute:

Indeed ! :ok:

One more little point to add on the increased kill numbers matter, is that for the economy of gameplay-fun,

our virtual pilots see much more action than the average real ones ever seen...

Also for the same reason, the AI is programmed to fight with no self preservation in mind...

:drinks:

Thank you, Adger - I'm sure way back in this forum our good Creaghorn wrote something quite similar for me.

And back then, I wanted to be like that - but wasn't ready yet. I hope now I am.

OlPaint01 sent me a copy of his Grand Bundle. I must say I enjoy it very much. What a wonderfully simply way to get all your favorite mods installed with just a few clicks.

Here is a quick combat with it installed. - Raw footage -

Hellshade

What a great fight Hellshade. You put a good 'ol-fashioned ass-whoopin' on those guys. I loved that steep dive near the beginning where you were spinning and pursuing right down to the deck. The gun sounds are great. I saw it's been released so I'll have to install tomorrow.

Edited by Shiloh

I adjusted this skin for Gunther Blau from the first go-around - what do you guys think? I've been working very hard on economizing my use of ammo and shooting more accurately and I think I took a good step on this last fight. :salute:

Afterglow - in a double sense. I had just shot down a BE2c in flames, north of Arras - they had almost made it back.

Killing defenseless aircrew feels bad - sending them down in flames is even worse. Feels bad...

Fantastic shooting Shiloh. I heard the first two pilots scream when they got hit and clearly you got the fuel tanks! Excellent use of ammo conservation to maximize your kills up there sir. Bravo!

Beautiful pic Olham. Yes it feels bad to shoot down helpless men, but they were likely directing artillery fire onto your countrymen below. The P.B.I. depend on your skill to protect them.

Hellshade

Hauntingly beautiful shot there Olham. These realistic skies play such a large part in making OFF so believable. I too have struggled at times with downing a wounded craft but realize they could have myself or one of my flight in their sights next time and I can't allow that to happen.

Thanks Hellshade. I do feel like I'm getting better - just more efficient overall. It feels realistic to have to improve for the sake of survival especially flying the D.VII in 1918. Towards the summer/early fall we're going to be outnumbered on almost every fight so I feel the need to hone those skills now - to be ready for it.

Salute

that pic makes me want to fly, but I'll wait till the be2's can shoot back

Albatros DIIIs vs a flight of DH2s (6:21) 720HD - Live Commentary

Hellshade