Sign in to follow this  
Dave

My New Toy

Zombie apocalypse.

Or nice and quick follow-up shots on semi auto would do the job in an urban application.

Well, assuming you do not have a significant criminal record, all you have to do is move away from the Peoples Republic of California. Arizona is good and close too if you really want to be near family, but I prefer Florida for my gun buying.

While stationed there I picked up quite a few nice guns for the collection. That was a steal Dave. Depending on the handgrip and light types the rifle combo is worth between $1000 to $1500 easy. Bushmaster is a really good brand too. I have three of them, an M-4 an AR-15A2 and a long barreled Bushmaster .308 (Very nice weapon that .308). I picked up one of the last Colt built AR-15's before they stopped manufacture for the civilian market. I have a Rock River Entry Tactical (basiclly an M-4) dolled up with fancy gadgets... OK, just a foregrip, collapsable stock, Hoage grip, a surefire laser/light combo and an ACOG 4x sight. Even if it is not fired it will scare the crap out of anyone dumb enough to break in to my place. I use my .308 for long ranges so I have it equipped with a Harris Bipod and a Leupold VII scope and have been able to hit targets out to 800 yards (the limit of my laser rangefinder) within a five to nine inch spread usually... which is good for me. My best was a three inch spread at 800 yards but that was a fluke. All of my M-16 derivative rifles are far more accurate than the crappy Rumanian AK-47 I have. Next on the list for acquisition is an M-14 or depending on whether I can save enough money on my next cruise a Barrett M-82A1/M-107.

Mine has the Surefire taclight, the foregrip, pistol grip and stock are all Sig Arms. I was going to get a ACOG but I am getting an Aimpoint instead. my next acquistions will be a Model 1911A Colt .45, M-1 Grande, M-14 and finally to round out my collection a BAR. (Federal fire arms license are great.)

I don't know, even against zombies I'll take the 3 round bursts. After all, you have to hit them all in the head!

I don't know, even against zombies I'll take the 3 round bursts. After all, you have to hit them all in the head!

He is right, I mean fully auto does you no good if you miss his head.

He is right, I mean fully auto does you no good if you miss his head.

If it's a whole hord of them rushing at you, you don't have time to take head shots. The best you can do is to slow them down.

Jealous

Jealous? This has nothing to do with Jelly! :biggrin: Oh how I miss Invader Zim!

Actually, I'm quite jealous too. Unless I get the chance to join the SAS (which ain't gonna happen in this lifetime) I'll miss out on getting to work with one of these. The F88's nice, but not as nice as this. Not by a long shot!

If it's a whole hord of them rushing at you, you don't have time to take head shots. The best you can do is to slow them down.

If its a hord, then you need to run to higher ground if you can find it. Blasting away and not getting head shots is a waste of ammo, and doesn't stop the zombies.

If its a hoard, then you need to run to higher ground if you can find it. Blasting away and not getting head shots is a waste of ammo, and doesn't stop the zombies.

Bullets still smash bone and destroy ligaments, nerve endings etc. A Zed crawling because it's spine is shattered is easier to deal with than one than sprints. Personally, I say let them run into claymores and mop up what's left.

And you're all wrong. :biggrin: Semi-Auto is the way to go. I've seen too many people fire off a clip like they're playing cod only to get overwhelmed. A carbine is light, easy to run with and has stopping power. You can go room to room without it being ungainly or take pots from afar, unlike a shotgun.

I say we all take this to L4D to prove our theories. :wink:

:minigun: <<== Minigun 4tehwin!!!

Either that or Akimbo Pistols. Most important thing is that the ammo doesn't run out. As long as that's assured it'll be ok.

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Grenade launcher/RPG with a truckfull of rounds. Zombies are easy to stop when they get blown into hash-brown sized pieces.

'Course, in Canada here, we are only allowed to use tazers and mace against zombies, otherwise they might sue us for "use of extensive unneccesary force".

Speaking of L4D, I got more used to CoD: WaW's Zombie Mode.

Oh god dude, we gotta do that. Next CA staff meeting or something! :biggrin:

I'm envious....

Here is not possible to have anything like that, the nearest possible is to have a hunting rifle (really expensive, and it stays locked in shooting club's armory), or airsoft. At least in airsoft I could get my own G36K, heh heh. :biggrin:

Hey Dave congrets on the new toy. have fun. :good:

Is it legal to own a three shot burst rifle in the US?

( yes I know, you said yours is a single, just curious. )

nice one!

here we don't even can dream in get a gun like this