Sign in to follow this  
column5

TMF MiG-29s Released!

Agreed, we had people who had access to a depth of information. It took us 2 years to do this, 2 years to get it right. Rest assured we did it to the utmost of our ability with the wealth of information we gathered. I see no reason to use anothers works when we did the job already. That is basically a slap in the face to us by implying "Well it looks good but we don't think it's correct."

Some of you are really killing this hobby by such attitudes. I am now at the point of shear disgust with the hobby because of a few in the community. I havent fired up the sim in weeks. I got the B-1B, my Viper Blk 10 project, and a few others on hold because of the lack of motivation to do anything. The hobby has now bred a community of rivet counters and nit pickers so much so that the life has been sucked out of my favorite past time. No matter how high the quality, someone ALWAYS find a gripe. If it was a low quailty POS, full of bugs, I can see the complaints but it isn't (TMF hasn't released a POS to date) and still the covert overtones of said rivet counters/nit picking continues.

Again I just shake my head in disbelief.

I'm sorry about it, i didn't mean to hijack it, believe me i'm very pleased with the models, but once again sorry guys.....

I'm sorry about it, i didn't mean to hijack it, believe me i'm very pleased with the models, but once again sorry guys.....

No offense taken. :)

Probably the best plan is to discuss modding this plane in a thread other than the release thread. As Dave said, the guys put 2 years of hard work into this and we think it is pretty good without mods, but ThirdWire games are designed for modding and if you want to make changes, we encourage it. However as I said it is best to let the release thread remain focused on the plane as it was made. Part of the fun of this hobby is releasing our planes and seeing that people like them, if you know what I mean.

Part of the fun of this hobby is releasing our planes and seeing that people like them, if you know what I mean.

That is my favorite part too.

I remember back then having an early (very early) beta of this bird, and glad to see it completed. Yeah.... guilty of the "100 rounds" bit because of my experience with LOMAC. But doesn't stop me from flying the bird (or enjoy flying it :good:). But given the quality of MF, it hasn't stopped my enjoyment one bit, I'm happy as a clam really :smile:

Already happy to be able to experience a childhood dream.

Edited by kct

I have to say this bird is amazing, I flew it yesterday till 4 o`clock in the morning.. and realized I had to go to bed.. this hapend all the time a nice bird is released. Especialy by MF, that`s a fact.

@Dave

I thought about what you have wrote here and about the prob we had in the past. You are right with it. Not a question ;-) For me it`s something like "making the stuff unique". All my planes are modded in a way or two. It has nothing to do if it`s perfect or not. Even TMF products gets some new pilots and seats by me :-P. But it`s all for my own fun and it`s like honoring this work with the time I put into it and moding it. If I don`t like it, I don`t mod it ;-) If I Like it.. I fly it until early morning.... sleeping only 2 hours cause I had so much fun flying around and watching this bird practicing touch and goes. Only to see the gear animation.. same with the Crusaders ... Corsairs ... you know what I mean:-)

But we have to open a new topic about modding, Sometimes the attitude is wrong, but sometimes it`s just like I wrote above .. making it unique and share it with the comunity. This is my motivation. I learned alot about the specific weaponcode, never noticed it before.

As a summary of this threat = Damn good work on those MiG`s and I hope to see more in the right time, not even from the TMF but also the B-1B.. when the time is right comes...

Agreed, we had people who had access to a depth of information. It took us 2 years to do this, 2 years to get it right. Rest assured we did it to the utmost of our ability with the wealth of information we gathered. I see no reason to use anothers works when we did the job already. That is basically a slap in the face to us by implying "Well it looks good but we don't think it's correct."

Some of you are really killing this hobby by such attitudes.

Unfortunately, this goes with the territory of flight sims and why major companies WILL NOT entertain dealing with the community as the 'historian' or 'airplane nut' comes out. Not when they can come up with their own rules for their FPS or strategy game and not deal with realism. Im sure most of us that have been around this know what happens/has happened.

I managed to take a flight with the Syrian Mig as I mentioned earlier in my first flight with it in WOI. My flight of 4 encountered first 2 Baz, and 2 Migs went down in fiery explosions (as seen from my mirrors!). I was popping flares and chaff and went vertical to catch one. managed to let loose a couple irm's and got him. I think my wingie got the other before he bit it. Not sure now, but when it was over, i had 2 missile kills and finally hit the wing of another Baz. Got 4 for loss of 3 Migs.

Not too bad for not remembering keys for radar, new to birds HUD, etc. Kudos again!

Unfortunately, this goes with the territory of flight sims and why major companies WILL NOT entertain dealing with the community as the 'historian' or 'airplane nut' comes out.

Or just plain nut, like Stiglr (ass) as seen at Frugal's Comedy Goldmine:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthr...6282&page=3

"Some of you are really killing this hobby by such attitudes. I am now at the point of shear disgust with the hobby because of a few in the community. I havent fired up the sim in weeks. I got the B-1B, my Viper Blk 10 project, and a few others on hold because of the lack of motivation to do anything. The hobby has now bred a community of rivet counters and nit pickers so much so that the life has been sucked out of my favorite past time. No matter how high the quality, someone ALWAYS find a gripe. If it was a low quailty POS, full of bugs, I can see the complaints but it isn't (TMF hasn't released a POS to date) and still the covert overtones of said rivet counters/nit picking continues.

Again I just shake my head in disbelief. "

The biggest challenge is the sheer breadth of age, cultural and experience variations coloring the individual interpretations of each and every mod released for the sim. This community includes everything from snot-nosed kids who have never seen any of these birds in real life, to veterans who have left sweat and sometimes blood in the cockpits of the real deal. The cultural gap spans the world, which sometimes brings the "us versus them" perspective into play. Then to ensure any normal, well adjusted human being goes absolutely ballistic; there will always be those individuals who see only glaring errors and omissions where all others see only beauty and grace.

Take a look at the names of the individuals viewing this thread, and the names of the true talent that have graced this sim with their selfless art and efforts will leap out at you. These are the opinions which carry the most meaningful weight.

Lindr2 isn't the only Russian in the world, and our guys consulted numerous Russian sources (including the pilot's manual, which I think is definitive) while putting this plane together.

Happy to hear it... NO DOUBT MF work is best on WOx community. but i read carefull Your data.ini i have some questions:

- You set flaps 45 deg on landing position, but i read in manual 25 deg on takeoff & langing

- You set slats 10 & 30 deg position, but i read in manual -> max 20 deg for slats

- about loadout: You set EP stations in outerwing position +- 3.8 m, what ECM posd You planned to use? I know SMT can use MSP-418K (150kg)

msp-418c.gif

http://www.cnirti.ru/catalog-10-18.htm

- maximum posible loadout on wing pylons - 2000 KG SUMMARY for 9-12, according manuals, but You set loadout like this:

AttachmentPosition= 3.802,-3.248,-0.135

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1550

AllowedWeaponClass=EP

AttachmentType=WP

SORRY, i can't believe on that...

have some questions about internal fuel tanks, some sources got different results (for 9-12)

FT Fusellage: N-1 - 650 or 705 or 710 Litres, N-2 - 870 or 875 Litres, N-3 - 1800 or 1810 Litres, N-3A - 285 or 310 Litres

Wings tanks: 660 or 700 or 800 Litres

Need Your comments...

It's JUST a QUESTIONS, and WOx just a GAME...

Edited by lindr2

Or just plain nut, like Stiglr (ass) as seen at Frugal's Comedy Goldmine:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthr...6282&page=3

:rofl:

too bad i was in vacation when he posted that rivet at will thread...

i'm not sure if he ever saw Bobrock's Tornado F-3 cockpit, TMF's Fulcrum,Craig's EF-2000 and the list goes on...

lol

@lindr2

When you download modify it to your specifications-its your plane then...might be a game but hey we all like to be right dont we? :good:

Edited by Stick

lindr2, you are the winner of a day off from posting.

And the death of the community continues.

C5> OT, but has anyone tried to explain to Lindr2 how obnoxious he end up being, and why ? I think he sincerely doesn't understand the errors of his way... tempbanning him won't do any good if he doesn't understand why, it will only make him frustrated and either drive him out of the community or make him even more obnoxious and neither of those options are benefits.

First post one the boards for me (but lurking for about a month).

All I have to say is WOW! What a wonderful aircraft!!! Can't wait until a campaign gets released for her!

I agree with Gunrunner and I think its about time this thread got locked.

Edited by suhsjake

C5> OT, but has anyone tried to explain to Lindr2 how obnoxious he end up being, and why ? I think he sincerely doesn't understand the errors of his way... tempbanning him won't do any good if he doesn't understand why, it will only make him frustrated and either drive him out of the community or make him even more obnoxious and neither of those options are benefits.

Yes it has been explained to him, more than once.

I don't mind at all discussing this with you in PM, but we can't get in the habit of debating moderating decision in public. :ok:

No, this thread will NOT be locked. It WILL be moderated. :good:

A release thread that gets locked...its sad that a happy time turns into a giant turd in a punch bowl.

And the death of the community continues.

Too much. :no:

We all know this is only a game forum.

Isn't it?

Too much. :no:

We all know this is only a game forum.

Isn't it?

Yes, and it will be again! :crazy:

Back on topic- crazy plane fellows just plain crazy. Ive got my arse handed to me by the Eagles in WOI and Desert Storm but Ive been just flying this plane on and on!

What attention to detail!

Back on topic- crazy plane fellows just plain crazy. Ive got my arse handed to me by the Eagles in WOI and Desert Storm but Ive been just flying this plane on and on!

What attention to detail!

As someone said I like having a Red plane that can really give a challenge. Along with the Su-27 and my modded MiG-25 it makes flying over Europe really dangerous...are those blips on my radar easily-dispatched Fishbeds or...