Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

Command Key Card for OFF

Depends on how you want to handle it . . Red . . or Blue. A prime example of WHY 2 lists are required, Shiift + C = canopy operation. . usless in OFF, with an open cockpit.

Yet in OFF, Shift + C = Tilt down Lewis gun ( simulated reloading ) Also allows you tilt Down the Windshield on the N17, Vickers only

F7 Bombadeer Seat in CFS3, Yet in OFF . . Maps in cockpit, . . or Bombsite in Short ( No Short in Bhah )

It becomes rather interesting this whole autopilot thing, it will work, and it did exist in 1917. But it was Never Taken to War. So it will work, but it Never was.

Ditto for Auto Trim, it came to be in WWII, some aircraft could be trimmed on the ground by the mechanic, some couldn't

I was going to bring that up too, you beat me to it.

Nice work HB :good: Don't know how the others feel, but I personally think having the CFS3 commands included that aren't used in OFF just makes the list more confusing, even if they are in red. You don't really need them, so why not just leave them off, ie: Why not just leave them OFF?

I was going to bring that up too, you beat me to it.

Aha! Another sharp-eyed Yank!

Now you're a real candidate for Trackir...

Funny you should mention that...I just got done searching their website. Very, very interesting. I kept seeing people's comments about it. [while still being a bit vague about what it was] I think I've got to have one. Is is usable right-out-of-the-box? Are there any problems with OFF and Trackir?

EDIT: Does it always put you in the cockpit, or are there outside views? [like, dead astern: 6 o'clock]

Edited by Hauksbee

Funny you should mention that...I just got done searching their website. Very, very interesting. I kept seeing people's comments about it. [while still being a bit vague about what it was] I think I've got to have one. Is is usable right-out-of-the-box? Are there any problems with OFF and Trackir?

EDIT: Does it always put you in the cockpit, or are there outside views? [like, dead astern: 6 o'clock]

It takes awhile to get used to and the physical setup is important.. distance from the camera, angle, light in the room.

I have the TrackIR3 with the added view software and found it for less then $100 on Ebay. TIR4 includes the extra view software and is apparently a bit faster and has a wider view, but lots of others are happy with the v3.

Hauksbee,

What Rabu said above. TrackIR makes all the difference in the world, believe it.

No problems that I know of, though as Rabu said you'll have to tinker with TIR settings and such to get it right for you. I have TIR4 with the "TrackClip Pro" thingee, works great for me.

You can still get any outside views you want, should you choose to access them, but I never do anymore, I just live in the cockpit...

Terrific! I'll print this out forthwith! And I'm doubly glad because the Hat Switch on my joystick isn't working. I'm getting my arse shredded!

But...you've used SHIFT_KeyPad 8 twice. Once for AHEAD_RIGHT, and again for LOOK RIGHT. Shouldn't the latter be SHIFT_KeyPad 6?

Thanks for spotting that. I've fixed it.

Also, the idea of getting rid of the cfs3 commands is under consideration. I mainly left them in there as I was afraid if I deleted them all, people would tell me some were also OFF commands and I'd have to add them back. So, more laziness than anything else. I guess the card is maturing enough now that I can safely get rid of them. That might allow me to bump the font size up a bit too which would be nice.

Keep the suggestions coming! :good:

...TrackIR makes all the difference in the world, believe it.

OK. I'm sold. 'Checked out the video [courtesy of uncleal.] Especially since, in addition to no functioning Hat Switch, I just discovered that the SHIFT_KeyPad #'s won't work either. A brief disappointment, but it was looking like near impossible to take my right hand off the stick to keyboard a look-about

I've been rooting out all the commands and trying to figure out which ones are relevant to OFF. In the process, I've come up with this Command Key Card.

Please check it out (feel free to use/edit it) and let me know of mistakes you find.

Thanks

-mark

A VERY GOOD LAYOUT CARD FOR OFF COMMANDS I WILL FIND IT VERY USEFUL HAVE ALREADY SAVED IT IN MY PICTURES FOR PRINTING

MANY THANKS.

GARYNKIDMAN

By popular demand, here is a new version of the command summary without the CFS3 commands. I increased the font by 2 point too. Hopefully it's a bit easier to read. Sorry I'm just now getting back to this.

Enjoy!

-mark

Edited by HomeBoy

Mark, Wonderful job! Very nice, cleaned up. Printed your new version and will be my primary reference. Thank you!

Mark, Wonderful job! Very nice, cleaned up. Printed your new version and will be my primary reference. Thank you!

Do the Wingman Commands actually DO ANYTHING in OFF?

Absolutely "yes", SGCSG1

But they need to be close enough to "see your hand signs", as they had no radio.

I found, they will react, as long as their labels are blue. When they turn white - no communication.

"R" = Return - they will come back to you

"A" = Attack - wingman 2 and 3 will attack (wingman 1 always stays with you, as far as I've seen)

"H" = Help - will make wingman 1 (and maybe the others too) attack enemy craft next to you.

(press that only, if someone's at your tail - otherwise they "help" you with the guy you're chasing!)

You can use "Attack" clever by marking craft for them, that you'd like to get attacked first.

If you want them to stop shooting at your targets, it always works for me to press "R" Return. That makes them stop.

Edit: best look up the right commands in the chart above - I have simplified mine.

Edited by Olham

Please check out the latest change I've made to the command card.

I'm sure you may be aware of the difficulties that Condor44 and I have been having with our so-called "GooseEgg" campaign missions. The problem was we were flying missions, landing safely and "exiting" only to discover that our flight was not being recorded at all. Winder and Pol were very patient with us to work through this problem to discover that we were exiting the mission improperly. We were using the "Quit Game" command (CTRL + q) from my summary card not realizing that we should be using "Escape" followed by choosing the first menu choice "End Mission" (or just pressing Enter will work) which DOES record or mission. Duh!

My first inclination was to just delete "CTRL q" as if it does not exist. Then I thought that it does have a legitimate purpose (you can abort the mission without it recording at all) and it would be wrong for me to take that option away from the user. Sure, people would argue that it provides a way to escape a mission without penalty but if someone wants to "cheat" in their campaign missions, who am I to deprive them of that? So I left it in with a clear note as to what it does (hopefully).

Pretty embarrassing I must say..... Stung by my own summary card!

Comments are welcome.

Edited by HomeBoy

Thanks Homeboy, maybe also add that to ctrl+shift+q one below it.. ("will abort mission losing kills, details" whatever).

I've been rooting out all the commands and trying to figure out which ones are relevant to OFF. In the process, I've come up with this Command Key Card.

Please check it out (feel free to use/edit it) and let me know of mistakes you find.

Thanks

-mark

Hey Mark;

thanx man- I just got OFF and was torqued to find no paperwork, just a disk. I will remember you in my will

crash101

Just found this...fantastic Homeboy. :salute: