Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam is Released!

Anyone else getting targets at airfeilds most of the time? 5 sorties in (Rolling Thunder VF-96) and that's all I've been assigned to hit, either runways or fuel tanks at airfeilds.

Most of the time when I set up a single mission strike I get assigned to bomb a runway (ironic, since this was forbidden by the ROE for most of the war). The target priorities can be adjusted in the campaigns, might be possible to do so for the single missions too but I have not looked.

The dreaded Nom Bai bug is there :yes:

Most of the time when I set up a single mission strike I get assigned to bomb a runway (ironic, since this was forbidden by the ROE for most of the war). The target priorities can be adjusted in the campaigns, might be possible to do so for the single missions too but I have not looked.

WOV Oct '08, and now it appears SF2V as well, will do this regardless of target priorities in the campaign data. I have a feeling it has to do with the way campaign engine tries to assign missions near ground offensives and the fact that there aren't any ground offensives in WOV. I've tried a lot of different things to get rid of it with the '08 patch, but haven't had any luck.

TK said he thinks it's because there aren't enough bases with MiG's in the campaigns, and that they were going to try and fix it in the "future" (I don't know if that was supposed to be another patch or SF2V...). Anyway, looks like it hasn't been fixed yet. That is why I still play WOV with the '06 patch.

If I'm not mistaken, MissionSummary.INI controls Mission Variables.....

WOV Oct '08, and now it appears SF2V as well, will do this regardless of target priorities in the campaign data. I have a feeling it has to do with the way campaign engine tries to assign missions near ground offensives and the fact that there aren't any ground offensives in WOV. I've tried a lot of different things to get rid of it with the '08 patch, but haven't had any luck.

TK said he thinks it's because there aren't enough bases with MiG's in the campaigns, and that they were going to try and fix it in the "future" (I don't know if that was supposed to be another patch or SF2V...). Anyway, looks like it hasn't been fixed yet. That is why I still play WOV with the '06 patch.

Did you try removing runways completely from the target types for the various offensives?

SF2 Vietnam, Brain32's tiles, GH2, Widesky, Thirdwire Spad and toasted Charlie.

gallery_28053_226_234111.jpg

Don't tease me.

Did you try removing runways completely from the target types for the various offensives?

If you mean out of the campaign_data.ini files, yes. If you mean from the types.ini, then no.

Although you'll notice, you get taksed to hit the fuel tanks at Noi Bai a lot as well, so even if you remove the runways from the offensive priorities and types.ini, you'll still get tasked other target types at Noi Bai. I'm not sure if I ever tried removing Noi Bai all together... I have a feeling I did and I just got tasked with striking Kep over and over again instead (basically which ever airfield has MiG's based at it).

*edit* - Removed Noi Bai from from the targets.ini and things seemed to work a little better (got lots of SEAD and other strikes with the 13 TFS in RT, VF-24 got some A/A missions and not all strikes). I then moved the squadrons that were supposed to be at Noi Bai to Kep and then things were back to usual. Lot's of strikes on Kep, VF-24 getttings tasked with strikes only.

Edited by malibu43

What happens if you move the airfield related targets to the secondary targets list?

w00t! I finally got the GH2 trees and water to look right at the same time!

gh1.jpg

All this talk of WOV2 made me go out and buy it but now I have a problem! I have Windows XP and there is no way to run the game without DirectX 10! And I refuse to upgrade to Vista for professional reasons. I was wondering if WOV2 would work with DirectX 9C?

"I have Windows XP and there is no way to run the game without DirectX 10!"

It runs just fine for me and many others on XP with Directx 9.0C!

What happens if you move the airfield related targets to the secondary targets list?

Even if you remove them all together (ie - no runways or fuel tanks), you will still get tasked with hitting them (weird, huh?).

Even if you remove them all together (ie - no runways or fuel tanks), you will still get tasked with hitting them (weird, huh?).

Very weird...

Really like this one but a question with carriers do we had the same like Wov or is there something new? It seems that everything is already there steam, etc, and then is there anything we need to add for example adding CVN-75.

Okay, has anyone else had a problem with invisible MK84 2000lb bombs with SF2V? My copy does not seem to be finding the .lod files. Before I uninstall - reinstall, I wanted to see if anyone else here had noticed it.

Okay, has anyone else had a problem with invisible MK84 2000lb bombs with SF2V? My copy does not seem to be finding the .lod files. Before I uninstall - reinstall, I wanted to see if anyone else here had noticed it.

Hey guys, just downloaded both of TK's new games. Cool! Congratulations to TK.

Bye the way, is there a new SFP1E Extract Utility for these new games? Did I miss something earlier? Must have had a Senior moment.

w00t! I finally got the GH2 trees and water to look right at the same time!

Do tell! It's been buggin' me. :biggrin:

gallery_28053_226_234111.jpg

How are you getting everything to work? I tried loading in Widesky (into the flight folder as always) and I get nothing. Also, I can't seem to get the enhanced tiles or GH2 to work. The only thing I've been able to make work at this point is EE_3. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Also, how do you add cockpits? I couldn't find a tutorial and I've never tried to add them. Thanks for the help.

Stretch

Do tell! It's been buggin' me. :biggrin:

Well I have Frankenmodded my environmentsystem.ini and vietnamsea_data.ini to get it to work. Probably easier to post the files in my "SFV2 Fixes and Tweaks" thread than to try and explain it (was trial and error).

All this talk of WOV2 made me go out and buy it but now I have a problem! I have Windows XP and there is no way to run the game without DirectX 10! And I refuse to upgrade to Vista for professional reasons. I was wondering if WOV2 would work with DirectX 9C?

You need the latest direct X update, i think novembers will do it but i think there was one in march too.

I always adjust the target values in the terrain folder in the file called "map name"_TYPES...it is usally the line marked "TargetValue="...set this to zero and it will not be a problem. Only way I found to finally eliminate that damnevilcommbuilding.

Cheers