Sign in to follow this  
Stary

IT'S BACKUP YOUR STUFF DAY!

As the title says -it's time to burn few DVDs or copy to external drive. It may save you!

I had WDC HDD crash two days ago, lost 350+ GB of data, including over 60 gigabytes of various Thirdwire installs, ranging from First Eagles Exp1 to Nato Fighters 4.

Lucky me, as I'm doing backups frequently, most of my mods and downloads are safe. But making new installs and restoring everything to previous state will take some time.

I know what You feel -I had two HDD crach in 13 months. First time I lost everything...in second I had full backup.

Good luck with making new installs ! :biggrin:

I feel for ya man, I had that happen awhile back, now i backup everything to my second HD at least twice a month.

I feel for ya man, I had that happen awhile back, now i backup everything to my second HD at least twice a month.

I used to backup to both DVDs and backup partition, but as whole HDD died, I'm left with DVD backups only, so smart I made these too :smile:

edit:

Dzięki CIACHO

Edited by CA_Stary

As I left for duty today I was backing my stuff up, take about 8 hours.

I lost a drive the other day...no TW stuff lost, but it is a pain.

Me too... thankfully I did it smart but still trying to get things back in order...

I was able to set up my new system today, Windows Se7en build 7100, testing SF2Vietnam on DX 10/11

All I gotta say is that UseAdvancedShaders=1 kicks a$$ with approx. 90-110 frames en route, 40-50 over the target, with everything on unlimited, as opposed to mere 25-30 on XP, and that was with turned off mirrors and horizont on medium.

My awareness ribbon

buacopy.jpg

and oldie but a goodie

cbr.jpg

Dave haven't shaved in a while...

Great, guess I should go back up my stuff...

FC

backed up anyway thanks

I just save the entire game as an Image at the mo - to restore I just cut and paste the whole thing back - 5 mins to copy from flash - then its good to go!

:victory:

Everything i have is backed on an external HD, and even then i'm thinking of picking up another external HD just in case.

Once you lose everything you tend to get a lot more concerned about your info.

I can attest to the safety in externals. I have 10 different installs spread across 3 externals, and no WOX anything on my hard drive. Good thing, as my HD failed completely 2 days ago, and it's in the shop as we speak. Without my externals, I would have probably lost everything.

Oh well, I was buying a new one anyway, but BACKING UP YOUR STUFF can't be stressed enough.

I was able to set up my new system today, Windows Se7en build 7100, testing SF2Vietnam on DX 10/11

All I gotta say is that UseAdvancedShaders=1 kicks a$$ with approx. 90-110 frames en route, 40-50 over the target, with everything on unlimited, as opposed to mere 25-30 on XP, and that was with turned off mirrors and horizont on medium.

There my friend, now you can I hope understand my frustrations when I found out the HUD's are not working and there is no intrest from the dev. to make them working...not even in "two weeks" I'm completely comfortable of waiting for ;)

As for backups I hold everything on a HDD that's in my USB external case, works like a charm, it's quick, dirt cheap and quite reliable :)

One time I accdiently 93MB of .rar files...

( :deadhorse:)

Edited by i fight by 1