Sign in to follow this  
column5

Single aircraft purchases?

i would answer yes

if those new are to the level standard of the current updated aircraft cockpit like the f-15/a-10/f4/a4/a7/f105/f-8 (seems the harrier and the hunter were not updated to these standard of quality) why not?

in the past most of the new planes cockpits were graphically well done but were not able to cope with MF cockpit in term of functionnality

that's not the case anymore (of course the MF stays at high level (looks at the mig-29 pit :shok: ))

so some^very well done planes and pits may have their place on the market

I would pay for features over aircraft. A full feature mission editor like Il2 i'd pay for. Full feature multiplayer would be another.

The topic is starting to drift again.

Answer the basic question...single aircraft (or aircraft packs)...yes or no...why or why not.

No 'would rather have' wishes here.

FC

Hmm, with that much disposable income to buy payware aircraft, I'm surprised that there aren't more CA subscribers.

Do you like this idea in general (buying add-on aircraft one at a time)?

I like it since the option is probably not seeing these aircraft at all from Third Wire, or at least not for a long time.

What is the most you would be willing to spend for each individual aircraft add-on?

About $20, although $10-15 would be better. Compared to MSFS addons it's not much.

Would you buy such an add-on even if there was already a freeware model available?

Yes. They can coexist happily as far as I'm concerned.

As for what the first addon should be, see my avatar. :)

Depends on the quality... :smile:

Quality means:

- Hidef 3D with DM

- Hires skins

- Accurate FM

- realistic weapons

Am I the only person who gets rid of the 3rd party planes from my install when ThirdWire versions become avilable?

I did this to the F-8 Crusader. Used to have them loaded up in SF2 and deleted them once I had SF2V merged.

The topic is starting to drift again.

Answer the basic question...single aircraft (or aircraft packs)...yes or no...why or why not.

No 'would rather have' wishes here.

FC

Then Probably not.

Am I the only person who gets rid of the 3rd party planes from my install when ThirdWire versions become avilable?

I did this to the F-8 Crusader. Used to have them loaded up in SF2 and deleted them once I had SF2V merged.

MF F-8 Crusaders are far better than the stock.

I like consistency in models i.e. have them all made by same team with same style of texturing and modeling and FMs to match one another.

So, yes, I will buy TW extra planes. :yes: Every time I have a bunch of third-party mods installed I end up comparing quality of one mod to another and get annoyed when mods of different quality get into same screenshot. :dntknw:

MF F-8 Crusaders are far better than the stock.

Yeah, and Corsairs are not even comparable it's like real plane flew into my monitor lol

That's why I said that I think TK should avoid mirroring most of the 3rd party work ;)

No, just you. :tongue: Actually I leave the stock planes with my merged install (I have 3rd party planes in it too). But with my SF2:V Vietnam install I have TMF F-8's and A-7's in it.

Interesting topic. I think it would come down to what aircraft it is in my case. If it was an aircraft that im interested in then i probably would be willing to purchase it, especially if it came in a pack with different versions. I think someone also mentioned an updated campaign ini that will include the new aircraft in the stock campaigns available with the release of the aircraft, that would be awesome.

(im already drooling over the thought of a TW standard su27 package!!!)

Mike

Most likely no.

There's so many quality stuff around for free. TK should concentrate on fixing broken things and enhancing gameplay/AI, but that's another topic.

Oh yea, I got side tracked.

No.

Hmm, with that much disposable income to buy payware aircraft, I'm surprised that there aren't more CA subscribers.

Word, yo! :wink:

People are willing to pay TK for versions of planes they can get for free here, but they're not willing to pay to help keep the free ones available?? :dntknw:

Personally, I'll go for "packs" of planes, like say an F-14 pack which includes all 3 models or a MiG-23 pack with all its variants to a high level of detail, for no more than $10.

However, the blunt truth is that TK's planes are (as mentioned elsewhere) missing several crucial features of the real planes notably in the ground attack avionics and as such are limited in how good they can be. This is the engine's limitation, not that of any plane, and it needs to be fixed there.

I can't see going for an individual plane unless there was something extraordinary about it, and I can't imagine what that could be.

Unless these planes are priced under $5 each, then maybe, but I doubt he'll go that low. Right now, each new SF2 release is a new (updated) terrain plus a handful of planes (if you're merging them with previous releases all the planes included aren't new) for $20. That's a good model as terrains are the hardest to do and we have the smallest selection of those available, so you're basically paying for the terrain and some new planes that are appropriate to it. Take out the terrain and I think the value is cut in half. Lower the number of planes even more and the value drops too.

No, i won't pay for single planes add-ons.

Most of the planes i would like to see in-game have already been made from 3rd party modders for free, and with a better-than-stock quality.

Word, yo! :wink:

People are willing to pay TK for versions of planes they can get for free here, but they're not willing to pay to help keep the free ones available?? :dntknw:

WORD!

Yes, especially if packaged like the FE Expansion pack 1.

And yes, I contribute to keeping CA up and running too. After all, as the old saying goes," there is NO free lunch" no matter what any politician tells you !!!!

No

1. Most stuff I need, is allready availlible as freeware.

2. It's like buying a car with a aircondition not working. and the reply from the dealer is. Hey I can sell you a new radio for it instead of fixing the broken aircondition.

Well I think it's quite a good idea, it will give him an extra income and will be good for those who aren't so confident with modding.

From what I gather they will be small packs of on or two versions of a plane with a few skins and campaigns.

Lets face it, if you don't want it don't buy it. You can't always expect stuff for nowt!

Cockpits seem to be the big difference between TW originals and mods.

I would certainly pay $15 for a TW quality F-15E front and back seat.