Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Yo, check this out! Great speed boost!

I've been messing around a bit with this. Fubar, where are your modded files? I assume everyone's using the April 13th version?

how can i get rid of this part of the effect?

I get that if I activate the file, try turning it off (F12 or Shift-F12 is the default I think). You should get the speed increase without the blur.

Are you all on XP with no DX10?

Is it Vista only? I guess I didn't get that part...

Is it Vista only? I guess I didn't get that part...

Not sure yet, but so far it looks like only Vista/7 users are getting the FPS improvement.

Post a screenie after you try my modded .ini files :good:

Linky?

I've been messing around a bit with this. Fubar, where are your modded files? I assume everyone's using the April 13th version?

It's a terrain-specific .ini file, nothing to do with the ENB series

I'll definetly have to give this a try. My FPS tends to chug when there are a lot of objects (like city buildings in SF2E) or effects in one place.

I'm using win7 with DX10 and WoE. I get terrible blurring. I deactivated motion blur but it didn't help.

It's a terrain-specific .ini file, nothing to do with the ENB series

AHHH...understood.

I'm using win7 with DX10 and WoE. I get terrible blurring. I deactivated motion blur but it didn't help.

In the ini file check the [GLOBAL] section for UseEffect= and change it from 1 to 0 (or 0 to 1, reverse whatever your existing setting is). Turns the effect off at start up.

Edited by Laton

Just tried it out on XP with DX9 and an Nvidia card

Huge performance increase! I've mentioned how seasoned WOE chugged on my system, NOT ANYMORE! Smooth as butter with the highest detail TODs, terrain shaders enabled and everything but shadows(and I plan on testing higher settings) to unlimited. :good:

1 confounding variable possible: I updated my drivers to the newest 186 WHQL. But on both 182 and 185 drivers it chugged, chances are its the DLL.

In the ini file check the [GLOBAL] section for UseEffect= and change it from 1 to 0 (or 0 to 1, reverse whatever your existing setting is). Turns the effect off at start up.

All that does is start the game with it turned off. I was hoping for a fix.

wow... wow...

My frame rates went up by 40-50%.

wow...

All that does is start the game with it turned off. I was hoping for a fix.

Figure out how to fix it then? This community is about people working together and sharing ideas.

well disabling motion blur doesn't so it so it isn't motion blur. I'll fiddle around with settings and see what happens.

There has got to be a draw back to this though?

Let me guess... Your PC is now open to russian hackers?

Anyway, gotta try this out later.

Edited by jomni

Let me guess... Your PC is now open to russian hackers?

Latvian Mafia.

Yeah, Dave undoubtedly has that sticker on his PC...... LATviaN mAFIa iNsiDE!

I have no reason to post this here, except that I enjoy it:

selma.gif

Yeah, Dave undoubtedly has that sticker on his PC...... LATviaN mAFIa iNsiDE!

How did you know?

this is a huge boost to frame rates but does any one know what might be causing this rippling effect that only seems to effect other aircraft when viewed from inside the cockpit?rippleeffect.jpg">

That's not rippling, that's aliasing. Turn on Anti-aliasing and Antroscopic filtering in catalyst control center if you have an ati card or in the Nvidia panel if you have an nvidia card.

Icarus:

I have this when my vid card is overload...you maybe pushing yours too much? mine lost whole anti-aleasing effect during the game action scenes involving many planes and effects...

My 2-cents...

Same basic setup as Fastcargo's (Vista32, SF2x, cept a 3.0ghz proc) and the FPS has doubled. Cool.

Oh, here's something I've done with the noise texture. Haven't dug into the archieves far so this may have already been done/mentioned....

Increases the frequency of the noise texture.

in <Theatre>_DATA.INI

-----------------------------------------

[NoiseTexture]

Size=256

MinColor=229

MaxColor=255

// oem:Frequency=1.7

Frequency=4.0

// oem: ResolutionFactor=4.0

ResolutionFactor=16.0

// oem: 200

StartFadeDistance=500.0

// oem:500

EndFadeDistance=1500.0

------------------------------------------

Gives, to me, more of a sense of speed at low altitude. On my rig no slow down noticed (shouldn't be on a good V.card). The "oem..." above means the original values btw. You may have to play with the filtering and mip-mapping in the v.card setup. Also, haven't had time to play with the values much (working on a Campaign viewer/editor) but the "ResolutionFactor" seems to be the biggy.

No pix but a still shot doesn't do much for ya - need to be moving...

JX

Edited by jross

this is a huge boost to frame rates but does any one know what might be causing this rippling effect that only seems to effect other aircraft when viewed from inside the cockpit?

Have you tried disabling all the efects excepting the bloom? There should be no graphic anomalies that way.

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

EnableOcclusion=0

EnableReflection=0

EnableMotionBlur=0

EnableWater=0

EnableShadow=0

DepthBias=0

EnableDepthOfField=0

On the other ahnd I must say that in my (rather low end) system, I'm not getting any FPS improvement

Well, the startup messages do say it's for higher end video cards, that may be why you're not getting any improvement.

FC