Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Yo, check this out! Great speed boost!

That's motion blur. Are you using my settings? As I have it disabled.

That's motion blur. Are you using my settings? As I have it disabled.

Yes sir I am. I'm confused now... :blink::dntknw:

Falcon

I re copied zmatt's settings and put the eye candy settings he suggested and after few minutes of messing with blur settings, I somewhat got rid some of the blur but not in the cockpit. I need help because I'm getting frustrated. And to my surprise, my FPS improved alot.. WEIRD! Now I'm getting 40's in the cockpit. Anyway I snapped a screenie of my problem in the cockpit.

BlurryF4BCockpit.jpg

HELP! :help::please:

Falcon

Are you sure you don't have DOF activated...because that's exactly what that looks like...

FC

Check the INI file in both the root directory AND the Flight directory. For some reason it puts two INI files there (in SFP2 anyway):

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\enbseries.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight\enbseries.ini

Edited by tn_prvteye

Check the INI file in both the root directory AND the Flight directory. For some reason it puts two INI files there (in SFP2 anyway):

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\enbseries.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Flight\enbseries.ini

You're a life saver! I've been editing the wrong ini :rolleyes: THANKS!

Falcon

Finally got it to work ... I think. I disabled DOF, Bloom (was too bright) and I think I turned on SSOD? Anyway I like the shadowy look but have these jagged things on the terrain and water.

WeirdJaggie.jpg

Anotherweirdterrianjaggie.jpg

Anyway where do I look in the ini to fix that?

Falcon

Not sure. I have seen a similar effect, but to a far lesser degree. I am pretty busy tonight so I will have to get back to you on that.

As for Bloom levels, the previous thread on enbseries discusses how to tweak it. If you need help feel free to ask.

Not sure. I have seen a similar effect, but to a far lesser degree. I am pretty busy tonight so I will have to get back to you on that.

As for Bloom levels, the previous thread on enbseries discusses how to tweak it. If you need help feel free to ask.

At thirdwire forum?

Falcon

At thirdwire forum?

Falcon

What do you mean? I don't frequent the Thirdwire forums.

What do you mean? I don't frequent the Thirdwire forums.

N/M zmatt found the thread. Wish I can find C5's thread about this too. It had more tweaks. Will try the tweaks in the old thread now.

Falcon

Seems that these made a sustantial improvement on my WinXp WOE, but I will like to know If I can make the skyes less brightly

img00001-4.jpg

And the shadows less dark

img00002-2.jpg

Thanks!

Lovely thread. I missed most of it because I am deployed in corsica and my employer DOESNOT understand the need for a good internet for his employee.

thus saying and to recap.

I used a previous a version of ENBseries .dll I guess, since I got a FPD drop rather than increase.

I donwloaded what was marked as the latest one in previous posts

The dll goes in the root and the .ini in the flight.. correcT?

I used a previous a version of ENBseries .dll I guess, since I got a FPD drop rather than increase.

I donwloaded what was marked as the latest one in previous posts

The dll goes in the root and the .ini in the flight.. correcT?

Yes correct, go for it.

Just checking, it should be the EMBserie_for_MSFS pack.

I too get the scene darkening problem mentioned above. (WOE) When I tilt the camera up over the horizon, the scene is darkened and lights up when looking down. (Same from internal/external cams) I turned off all the effects in the enbseries.ini but still happens. (Playin w/ daytime bloom values, etc. to cure it..)

Edited by pureblue

Hmmm...I got a performance hit. It halved my FPS.

I'm trying this in WoI

VCard: nVidea GTX 260

I placed the .dll and the .ini in the Wings over Israel root directory. I ran it once, then went to put a copy in the Flight folder when I saw a copy was already there.

Did I do something terribly wrong to get such an opposite effect?

it's a wild guess but it could be the occlusion occluding the bubble around the aircraft; if that's the case then just disable occlusion as it might not be compatible with SF

Finally got it to work ... I think. I disabled DOF, Bloom (was too bright) and I think I turned on SSOD? Anyway I like the shadowy look but have these jagged things on the terrain and water.

WeirdJaggie.jpg

Anotherweirdterrianjaggie.jpg

Anyway where do I look in the ini to fix that?

Falcon

Okay - I guess I can't use this. My frame rates drop to about 6.0 in the cockpit. I have the latest version from April 19 2009 and it's the MSFS one. i have the same settings posted earlier.

Bummer!

Remember guys, this is really only recommended for people with video cards from 2008 or newer, and with Vista or better installed. If you don't meet those two requirements don't be suprised if your performance is lower then the previous enbseries .dll.

Seems that these made a sustantial improvement on my WinXp WOE, but I will like to know If I can make the skyes less brightly

And the shadows less dark

Thanks!

I had the same problem, especially with the full ini zmatt shared with us, so as a temporary fix I went back to the stock ini and changed the color settings at the nvidea control panel,

it was better but still needed work. Then while playing far cry2 I noticed that either the sky looked washed out or the shadows were way to dark much like your screenshot so i played around with both my monitor and the Nividea controll pannel until I got somthing I could live with. When I went back to WOE I found the setting was absolutly perfect. Far cry2 still has some issues but with WOE looking as good as it does I am not going to change anything.

The light and dark changes are due to the new .dll guys. It's supposed to better simulate how light works. If you step outside and it's bright, at first it's overwhelming, but then it darkens as your eyes adjust. If you have an object eclipsing a light source, like your aircraft most things in your view will appear to be dark. it all has to do with point of view. Although it is exaggerated a bit, I think it does the job pretty well. As far as lighting realism goes it's better than the previous version of enbseries, but as far as good screen shots and playability go the older one was better because the lighting was more consistent. Like most things you have to decide between realism and fun factor.

One odd thing: Whenever I take a screenshot, ENB Series creates its own screenshot in the Flight folder.

Ingame lighting is tough. What is right? You cannot have perfect realism, because we're in essence playing in a two dimensional world. Zmatt's pretty much on the money with his explanantion.

One odd thing: Whenever I take a screenshot, ENB Series creates its own screenshot in the Flight folder.

Really? Hadn't seen that myself...

FC

Yhea.....That's because the ENB Series was made with MSFS in mind......It'll create .BMP's in Your Flight Folder along with the Sim's .Jpg's that are in the ScreenShot Folders. The "Flight" Folder in MSFS is where the ScreenShots are kept by the ENB Series for that Sim. I just Delete them to save Space. .Bmp's are larger than .Jpg's.....

Funny WoE saves .bmps in the screeenshot folder for me. But I did notice the enbseries screenshots.

@Fubar,

There is one way to get around it, Ray traced graphics (link) are able to very accurately simulate light. Ray Tracing engines have been used for quite some time by the film industry for CG movies and SFX in general. Most commercials with 3d use ray tracing. The only problem is, up until recently only huge computer clusters were capable of rendering ray traced graphics. But, Intel has a new product that is due out in the near future code named Larrabee (link). It is a video card that essentially is 80 cut down cpu cores working together and optimized for ray tracing. Now that huge computer cluster can fit in your tower.

Of course this really doesn't help us right now with SFP1, but it is good to know that these things are in the works.

Edited by zmatt