B-52G/H Mega Era Package

View File

B-52G/H Mega Era Package by Dels via wpnssgt

Update for 14 Jan 2012

1. Changed hanger/loading screens to jpgs.
2. Changed loadout pic to a clear background tga.
3. All LOD's updated to fix a spoiler problem.
4. H model 20mm has more detail.
5. Hanger screens in skins folder.
6. Inside canopy color changed to a yellow gold for better visibility.

1. Updated EVS screen
2. Each year has a specific loadout.
3. The years in which each plane is represented marks an operational era it flew under, or modification.
4. More hangar and loading screens on some.
5. Added the following units, or modified some based on others work. (17 skins total)

93 BW, Castle AFB, California
416 BW, Griffiss AFB, NY (modified from JSF Aggies work)
2 BW, 20 BS and 93 BS, Barksdale AFB, LA
449 BW, Kincheloe AFB, MI
410 BW, K.I. Sawyer AFB, MI

Skins by Pappy, X Ray, JSF Aggie and ST0RM
Loadouts by X Ray and Moonjumper
Decals, testing, ini edits from hell, etc by Dave (USAFMTL), and X Ray
Sounds by spillone.
Weapons by lindr2, FastCargo and Erikgen
Cockpits by Dels

Well here is a better explanation of my breakdown logic.

B-52G_59 and the B-52H_61: The years they came into service and were all nuke and Houndog carriers. So for you SAC fans this is the cold warrior at its best.

B-52G_72: This version went to Vietnam for Linebacker with the ability to carry only 27 bombs and very inferior ECM.

B-52H_75: While the G was being used for a conventional role, the H were still all nuke aircraft. (it could carry 27 iron bombs if needed) This one represents the year it got the EVS, new ECM and its carries gravity nukes and SRAM's.

B-52G_77: Again with the H is received the upgraded ECM, EVS and kept its ability to carry iron in the bay and is set up for a its nuclear missions as well.

B-52H_88: While the G was getting more of the conventional role, in 1988 the H soldiered on being an all nuke bomber. In this year we see it in its new paint and carrying an all AGM-86B ALCM loadouts.

B-52G_82: This is the year the G went operational with the AGM-86B ALCM

B-52H_93: New paint, upgraded ECM and no gun. This one also had the ability to fire the AGM-142 Have Nap.
Note: In the loadout screen it will say it is empty but the black dots next to it will be full. That means they are loaded but there is some glitch in the sim preventing it from showing up in the loadout screen because of the data link pod. It does work though once you are in the sim.

B-52G_89: Here is then it picked up a serious conventional mission with the ability to carry iron on the wing pylons as well. This one also received the new paint scheme and made carpet bombing famous during Desert Storm.

B-52H_03: The current version with upgraded ECM, plus the ability to carry the LITENING pod, all sorts of guided weapons from JDAM's, to LGB's, to JSOW's. Also with the Combat Track II moving map display in the cockpit.

Thank you each and everyone of you guys for your help and guidance.

Dave USAFMTL

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/10/2009
  • Category

• Like 1

Well here is a better explanation of my breakdown logic.

B-52G_59 and the B-52H_61: The years they came into service and were all nuke and Houndog carriers. So for you SAC fans this is the cold warrior at its best.

B-52G_72: This version went to Vietnam for Linebacker with the ability to carry only 27 bombs and very inferior ECM.

B-52H_75: While the G was being used for a conventional role, the H were still all nuke aircraft. (it could carry 27 iron bombs if needed) This one represents the year it got the EVS, new ECM and its carries gravity nukes and SRAM's.

B-52G_77: Again with the H is received the upgraded ECM, EVS and kept its ability to carry iron in the bay and is set up for a its nuclear missions as well.

B-52H_88: While the G was getting more of the conventional role, in 1988 the H soldiered on being an all nuke bomber. In this year we see it in its new paint and carrying an all AGM-86B ALCM loadouts.

B-52G_82: This is the year the G went operational with the AGM-86B ALCM

B-52H_93: New paint, upgraded ECM and no gun. This one also had the ability to fire the AGM-142 Have Nap.

Note: In the loadout screen it will say it is empty but the black dots next to it will be full. That means they are loaded but there is some glitch in the sim preventing it from showing up in the loadout screen because of the data link pod. It does work though once you are in the sim.

B-52G_89: Here is then it picked up a serious conventional mission with the ability to carry iron on the wing pylons as well. This one also received the new paint scheme and made carpet bombing famous during Desert Storm.

B-52H_03: The current version with upgraded ECM, plus the ability to carry the LITENING pod, all sorts of guided weapons from JDAM's, to LGB's, to JSOW's. Also with the Combat Track II moving map display in the cockpit.

Also folks, for you ALCM fans, be aware I'm working some minor upgrades to it to allow for proper loft operations (mainly to avoid the 'shallow attack angle' problem where you hit the ground just before the target, though with nukes that may not be an issue...).

Awesome work Dave!

FC

Great work and thanks for the history of the different models!

Been reading books about "Linebacker" but I didn't understand the B52 differences.

will this package work in sf1? if not, how do i get it to work if at all.

will this package work in sf1? if not, how do i get it to work if at all.

The Knowledge Base is your friend. :good:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry326025

Dave,

you seem to be a BUFF expert, do you happen to know if this is a good book? I'm thinking of buying it.

http://ultra.glo.be/daco/KDCB023.html

Its a good one, I would get it.

Its a good one, I would get it.

Thank you. :good:

I finally got the chance to install and try out this package. It is simply breathtaking to see a 1959 B-52G in SAC colors with hound dogs under the wings lifting off the runway with a 4x0.50 cal turret. These are B-52s the way I remember them: Cold War warriors. My son is going to love it too. There is a B-52 on display near the Orlando International airport that he has seen and he has a die-cast toy B-52. He doesn't know his airplanes by numbers, but when he sees a B-52 he knows to say "Stratofortress".

Update for 14 Jan 2012

1. Changed hanger/loading screens to jpgs.

2. Changed loadout pic to a clear background tga.

3. All LOD's updated to fix a spoiler problem.

4. H model 20mm has more detail.

5. Hanger screens in skins folder.

6. Inside canopy color changed to a yellow gold for better visibility.

Hi, am having a prob copying this to my folder to replace the older ones. The pc seems to freeze up when overwriting the previous folders. The moving box turns red instead of green. I tried to rebboot the pc and it still does it. I have enuff disk space. See screen below: I use Vista 32-bit. cant seem to post a pic either

Edited by dsawan

It's probably Vista itself, get Win7. I had the same problems before and it wasn't the download, or just delete the old ones and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then it's Vista.

hi, never mind. i had to do them one at a time and delete the old ones. whats funny is i could do seevral files at once overwriting before but lately it wont work. guess it is vista then.

I have a problem after installed the latest update.

This huge bird isn't displayed in the radar! I tried with Mig-29 and Mirage 2000 to guide R-27 and Super 530 but I was unable, so I could fire only IR missiles. I tried all A-A modes but radar could not show B-52G/H even in 5 NM !!! I think this is very contradictory beacause B-52 normally should be appear in the maximum (search and track) range of a radar due to its size.

Any thoughts?

Something makes me think that with the kinda radar splash a BUFF has, it would be carry enough ECM to blind any 4th gen Russian or French armament.

Something makes me think that with the kinda radar splash a BUFF has, it would be carry enough ECM to blind any 4th gen Russian or French armament.

Exactily. The ECM jamming a B-52 does is enourmous today. One accidently turned on its ECM and took out half of Vegas during Red Flag. So its no fluke, I jacked the ECM on the Buff reflect real world capabilites. Its jamming is so powerful that its burn through range is measured in triple digit feet. So use a gun or an IR missile.

dsawan, this is a little late,(see you've got it sorted out), but the problem you had is NOT due to Vista. I've got Vista HP 64-bit and just got around to installing the updated Buffs Megapack(hence the delay). Went perfectly, took about 2 mins.Generaly the progress bar turns red just before the little window comes up asking, "do you want to merge this folder, etc. If that window does'nt come up you cannot proceed. Don't know if this would affect this particular problem but, if you have'nt done so already, turn off User Account Control(UAC). It's ALOT more user-friendly, just like XP but 10X better looking. I know Vista's gotten a lot of bad press, but most of it was due to this.(Messages saying "you're not allowed, not authorized, etc.) 7 is just Vista with a spitshine, don't waste money you'll need for SF2:NA, :drinks: . And for Dave , another BEAUTIFUL job, if you see a prolonged , bright flash outside the window, just get under the bed before the shock wave hits. Thaaank you.:worship:

Edited by SupGen

. And for Dave , another BEAUTIFUL job, if you see a prolonged , bright flash outside the window, just get under the bed before the shock wave hits. Thaaank you.

I also will be wearing SPF 10,000,000. :lol: The team is glad you are liking it.

Sorry sir, but AGM-142C Popeye is still not good to go this.gif

Sorry sir, but AGM-142C Popeye is still not good to go this.gif

Can you be more specific?

Same problem with that we ever talked few months (maybe years) ago; you'll find in this package that AGM-142C's typo data is still incorrect. Sorry, but just to make sure , you can try it yourself grin.gif

Edited by Agaphe

Some new versions uploaded with a minor update by Dels. Enjoy.