Nice! Any chance on a Southeast Asia skins similar to the F-4 skins we have as camoflage? Would be ncie to have some fictional ones circa early 80's.

If someone wants to do some after we release them that is fine. Right now we are trying to juggle up to 8 different models and the associated skins. That is enough work in itself.

@Silverbolt

I hooked you up the prototype skin with the correct numbers (there was only one but I made you 5) and insignia. :good:

Thanks to Sundowner for doing that by the way.

I can answer both your questions:

1) Nope, standard F-15C with CFTs that they could carry (and did).

2) Probably, I'm still working on details with the data.ini to make it work and look right. Right now, it can do both (internal or external), but there are issues if you start trying to pick and choose your own weapons.

FC

Yes when FC sets up the internal bay I highly recommned you don't change it in the loadout screen. Just leave that be, it set up for a A2A missile and a JDAM, so your needs will be met. You can always use the external pylons to fill it full of nasty stuff. 

Thanks a lot for the replies... They really look awesome! :yes:

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Those Eagles look stunning!

There isn't any Massachusetts Air Guard love in that package, is there?

Edited by Viggen

Looks great indeed.

Speaking about F-15, it's definitely a what if and quite off-topic, but here's a little suggestion:

post-7785-1250232470_thumb.jpg

Was tested by Faf as an heavy interceptor, before the Mirage 4000 program took the lead. Ironically, both ideas (F-15, M4000 and even F-18 for the navy) were dropped because of ridiculous politicies...

As for the paint scheme, it would probably have been the usual M2000 deux-tons.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Not too difficult if Sundowner releases the templates :good:

Some early F-15 concepts with the rhomboid wing like on YF-22 with 'Rocker ramp' exhausts:

earlyf15_1.jpg

earlyf15_2.jpg

earlyf15_3.jpg

earlyf15_4.jpg

Navalized early F-15 for VFX:

earlyf15_5.jpg

Another navalized F-15:

NavalF-15.jpg

Various concepted FAST Packs (Note the augmented thrust and spray tanks ;)):

FAST-packs.jpg

Various proposed loadouts for the F-15:

AdvInt.jpg

AdvInt

AdvStrikeAA.jpg

AdvStrikeAA

AdvStrikeAS.jpg

AdvStrikeAS

DefenceSuppression.jpg

DefenseSuppression

PrecisionStrike.jpg

PrecisionStrike

RF-15.jpg

RF-15

SeaStrike.jpg

SeaStrike

StandoffStrike.jpg

StandoffStrike

Very interesing stuff! Never knew that there was a idea to navalize the F-15. My thoughts were about putt F-22 engines into a Eagle cause of a cool looking back.

Not too difficult if Sundowner releases the templates :good:

There are no templates, Ant lost them in the last HD crash he had. The ghost grey scheme might have some when Jimmy gets done with them. Well if he does, real life has kicked him in the nuts as of late. If that is the case someone will have to create them from scratch.

That sucks... looks like I'll have to get off my fat butt and get crackin sometime..

I was looking at the defense suppression image and wondering...

What's to stop the F-15 from making it a "Missile Truck" :diablo:

Good work on what ever this is.. F-15SSE ??? Super Silent Eagle? When you are still in, what about some F-22 lookalike engine nozzles?

Sweet mother of pearl FC :blink: Looks like that thing can divide by zero :blink:

Good work on what ever this is.. F-15SSE ??? Super Silent Eagle? When you are still in, what about some F-22 lookalike engine nozzles?

I would say this is F-15 ASE - Active Silent Eagle :grin:

That is the ultimate version of the Eagle. In fact the only thing the F-22 would have on it is stealth.

Still I think some additional stealth (not much but every little bit...) would be gained by the redesigned intakes, but then again they're still the size of a barn door. Cool stuff I like it :good:

The idea of course was to provide for a fictional Eagle variant that was a logical outgrowth of past modifications to the real thing. Included are the obvious:

ACTIVE thrust vectoring nozzles.

Silent Eagle CFT weps bays and canted vertical stabs.

F119 engines.

SniperXR pod and IRST (when so equipped).

However, there are some more subtle changes which have not actually been put on an F-15:

Mid-canopy bow deleted.

Engine intakes redesigned for better stealth characteristics (S-shaped tunnels and rhomboid intake lips).

Smaller in-plane canards.

Very little of this aircraft is far fetched, and the only real concession I made to gameplay is keeping the internal gun in the right wing root. For beauty reasons, I made the canards smaller and in-plane, realizing that a setup like that could be fraught with airflow problems (though the Su-30 and it's variants seem just fine...).

Otherwise, none of the stuff this bird has dives into the Ace Combat realm...I don't believe in unrealistic augmenting of basically sound designs.

Now, as to what to designate and call it...

FC

F-15F - Silent Eagle?

F-15G - this concept?

Eh...kinda dull.

The informal designation for the Silent Eagle is the F-15SE. There is precedent of course...Japan's dual seaters are F-15DJs, the Singapore version is the F-15SG. So although having a letter in specific order as versions appear has recent precedent (the Super Hornet E, F, and G models)...but it's not a hard and fast rule.

It's currently designated the F-15X, but I honestly hate the letter...it's used too many times already in Ace Combat style designs.

As far as names...I'm mulling Ultra Eagle myself...

FC

I hate the word Ultra. Sounds too much like a house hold product. "It keeps the airspace above your battlefield Ultra clear!"

That is one amazing looking Eagle.

F-15M?

"It keeps the airspace above your battlefield Ultra clear!"

And if you dial 1-800-Ultra RIGHT NOW, you get an extra set of AIM-120D fillings to further enhance your Ultra clean airspace. But that's not all, on this very special day we offer an additional pair of JDAM's for only 99.95.

Call NOW!

:rofl:

You're killing me man, you're killing me! :biggrin:

I like the M or R suffix...now just a name to explain why the M or R...

And no, Max Eagle or Rambo Eagle are NOT in consideration!

Advanced Eagle sounds good...official too. Just....I don't know...too matter of fact I guess...

FC

Edited by Kowalski.

M and or R are just the natural progession of the letters in an aircraft series. (i.e. F-15I,J,K) I am leaning more towards the R because L or M for example remind me of some F-8's being rebuilt from an B and A's. I see the R bening a whole new and advanced evolution of the F-15.