M and or R are just the natural progession of the letters in an aircraft series. (i.e. F-15I,J,K) I am leaning more towards the R because L or M for example remind me of some F-8's being rebuilt from an B and A's. I see the R bening a whole new and advanced evolution of the F-15.

Agreed. I don't know why, but the R fited very well into F-15.

M is too normal , IMO....even our F-5s here gone M heat.gif

oooh the famous Su-37 Eagle!grin.gif

Okay, right now F-15R leads the fight for designation...I have no problem staying with that.

Advanced Eagle currently is the top of the name list. However, if someone comes up with something more interesting to consider...

FC

why not Eagle II given its advanced capabilities ala F-5E tiger II. or super eagle ala super hornet. of course IMO should be given a new name and number much like the northrup F-5G Tiger II. (if you don't know what that is look up the F-20A Tigershark!)

oh and off of the topic of the newest Eagle do you guys have the AS blue schemes in the works? You know what they were wearing at Luke AFB mid to late seventies?

Maybe F-15R Golden Eagle?

The idea of course was to provide for a fictional Eagle variant that was a logical outgrowth of past modifications to the real thing. Included are the obvious:

ACTIVE thrust vectoring nozzles.

Silent Eagle CFT weps bays and canted vertical stabs.

F119 engines.

SniperXR pod and IRST (when so equipped).

However, there are some more subtle changes which have not actually been put on an F-15:

Mid-canopy bow deleted.

Engine intakes redesigned for better stealth characteristics (S-shaped tunnels and rhomboid intake lips).

Smaller in-plane canards.

Very little of this aircraft is far fetched, and the only real concession I made to gameplay is keeping the internal gun in the right wing root. For beauty reasons, I made the canards smaller and in-plane, realizing that a setup like that could be fraught with airflow problems (though the Su-30 and it's variants seem just fine...).

Otherwise, none of the stuff this bird has dives into the Ace Combat realm...I don't believe in unrealistic augmenting of basically sound designs.

Now, as to what to designate and call it...

FC

Well relooking at the images, the canted tails go with the new intakes. Though I would prefer a two seater and Strike Eagle conformal tanks, but still the Advanced Eagle (seems to work for me too) is cool by itself.

Edited by EricJ

oh and off of the topic of the newest Eagle do you guys have the AS blue schemes in the works? You know what they were wearing at Luke AFB mid to late seventies?

More than likely no. Those were A models (of which we aren't doing because there is an excellent one available in SF2E) and that paint scheme was very short lived from the introduction of operational service (Nov 74) to when the first Compass Ghost schemes start rolling off the line in St. Louis (Oct 75).

FC

gallery_12105_43_61842.jpg

F-15A Eagle (Stock)

gallery_12105_43_177403.jpg

F-15B ACTIVE Eagle

gallery_12105_43_153403.jpg

F-15C Eagle

gallery_12105_43_42835.jpg

F-15D Eagle

gallery_12105_43_159074.jpg

F-15DJ Eagle

gallery_12105_43_55410.jpg

F-15E Strike Eagle

gallery_12105_43_251012.jpg

F-15I Ra'am

gallery_12105_43_46653.jpg

F-15J Eagle

gallery_12105_43_116066.jpg

F-15K Slam Eagle

gallery_12105_43_186722.jpg

F-15S Strike Eagle

gallery_12105_43_65254.jpg

F-15SG Strike Eagle

gallery_12105_43_223917.jpg

F-15SE Silent Eagle

gallery_12105_43_62181.jpg

F-15R Advanced Eagle (Proposed)

• Like 1

Are you going to do any of the stuff I posted, too? :D

Oha there is more coming then i have expected! very good work on those birds! thx alot for them! Very nice detail level!

Are you going to do any of the stuff I posted, too? :D

What you see if what you get. Its taken weeks just to get this far. Besides some of those pics were just configurations of which you can get with the different versions we have here.

Crickey!!!! i like the look of the F-15R.... looks freekin sweet!!!!

These birds really look fantastic! I'm going to free up some disk space, while patiently waiting the usual 2 weeks :rolleyes:

How does those conformal fueltanks work? will they be attached permanetly or can we choose them in the loadout screen?

Depends on the model.

For the F-15C and D models, the CFTs can be selected (they are part of the LOD, but can be selected in the loadout screen). For the other models that have them (E model and later) they are part of the model and cannot be unselected. In the case of the SE and R models, loadouts will have to proceed a bit differently due to the internal CFT bays (details pending).

For those who are unsure here...each model you see in the screenshot is a different LOD. There are physical differences between each aircraft requiring a different LOD (exception being the Japanese Eagles which use the C and D LODs, the CFTs have simply been removed via a data.ini edit). There is actually a C model that the Saudi's use, but since it doesn't even have a different designation, it just uses a Saudi skin and gets an entry in the USERLIST for the C model.

FC

those eagles are damn awesome.

i am quite excited expecting them.

ETA is still 2 weeks, am i right?

Ones I've already posted so nothing new...

post-5735-12521846363825_thumb.jpg

post-5735-12521846897244_thumb.jpg

post-5735-12521847073656_thumb.jpg

Hi, Dave. How is this one going? Also, is this for sf2 or 1. Now that sf2 i is released. its has me wonderin. thks.