Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

HE-177 Grief Wip

Hmmm,

I am fond of the glasshouse Germans, the Greiff is intriguing!

Nice!

If that good choice.

Tremendo.

Oh, the flying lighter :grin:

BTW: "Greif" (griffon) not "Grief" or "Greiff" ;)

(Why do english speaking people always write "ie" instead of "ei"??? - "ei" is pronounced "aye" (or the "name" of the character "i"), "ie" like "ee")

Oh, the flying lighter :grin:

BTW: "Greif" (griffon) not "Grief" or "Greiff" ;)

(Why do english speaking people always write "ie" instead of "ei"??? - "ei" is pronounced "aye" (or the "name" of the character "i"), "ie" like "ee")

I before E except after C. Its in our edumication:rofl:

ready for mapping

177a.jpg

177b.jpg

Is this the final stage of the canopy bars? looks a bit low poly, they are not strait in any aspect. But all in all a nice bird, change the bars and it`s a great addon!

Veltro ! Would love to see this beast take to the SF skies. Finally, a German Heavy :good:

quick paint job

hep.jpg

Yes, keep going veltro. youre the best. flew the cfs 2 model from groundcrew a qhile ago. This is definitely needed. :clapping:

Edited by dsawan

here some info on the bomber. curious what loadouts will yours have. Hoping glider bomb and torps. read that some variants had a cannon installed and nebelwerefer rockets against enemy bombers.

Although a small number of He 177 A-3/R5 models were to be built from scratch, with the larger 75 mm Bordkanone BK 7.5 ventral cannon, structural problems caused by the weapon's recoil meant that the Stalingradtyp did not see combat use outside of the original, BK 5-armed improvised handful. Five He 177 A-5s were experimentally equipped in January 1944 with batteries of thirty-three obliquely-mounted rocket mortar tubes, likely derived from components of the Nebelwerfer infantry barrage rocket system, to create the Grosszerstorer (Big Destroyer) flying battleship, meant to break up and destroy the tight combat box defensive formations used by enemy bombers over Germany. The mission of these specialized aircraft was to stalk and destroy Allied bomber formations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_177

i can't wait to show it the power of 8x.50:drinks:

I would keep my distance this bird has cannons and MGs all over the place :cool:

I would keep my distance this bird has cannons and MGs all over the place :cool:

if you are saying

:drinks:

Just picked up the "Warpaint" and some other book thats all in Russian on PDF ... the Warpaint has ALL the letters used by operational variants and the squadrons.

For our skinners and Ed, if you want them, let me know and I'll zip up the package and post a link.

Screens almost done, expect them soon!

wrench

kevin stein

need those screens Wrench bird has been skinned :drinks:

Ed

Brute! Have you modelled the He-177's unerving ability to suffer engine fires at the most difficult times - like in flight.............heat.gif

Awesome, for a plane produced in huge numbers by the Luftwaffe-some 1100 of different variants. which one ou making?

Banidos team did a great job on skinning this beast..Need some decal numbers for squadrons at least 16 and it can be released