Sign in to follow this  
Pappy55

Silly pics of yourself

I am not shying out so I will go first..

I was bored so I thought I would take this pic on my webcam for the hell of it

Forgot I even had this sheepskin flying jacket

Picture3.jpg

I look like a right wazzok but meh..

Here's me and my dog duck and goose hunting.

LidCharley.jpg

Ah, what the Hell........

You all miss some good parties drinks.gif

not quite silly but it was fun.

halloween 2007

butch, the dept collector with his lady,

butch, doing his job

halloween 2008

why so serious!!!

rob, the guy with the gallow next to me was this time a broker of lehman brothers.

the other guy, dunno what he was blink.gif

Edited by Creaghorn

I dont believe that is the proper way to do colonoscopies on Crawdads Bullet!!lol.gif

But I'll bet they were tasty.grin.gif

ZZ.

Good grief, Creaghorn - I have debts at the tax office - hope you don't work for those guys?!?

Well, here is a Photoshop work I did with a picture of me.

But there is a lot of retouche and some tricks - don't be afraid, I don't really look like that at all.

I did it some time ago, to create my alter ego: the Bordeaux-Red Baron

:grin:

This pic was something to do with taking the mickey out of the Absolut vodka advert. I forget the details. Anyway, it qualifies as silly. :grin:

jackdanials.jpg

I dont believe that is the proper way to do colonoscopies on Crawdads Bullet!!lol.gif

I was soooooo drunk..... drinks.gif

This pic was something to do with taking the mickey out of the Absolut vodka advert. I forget the details. Anyway, it qualifies as silly. grin.gif

Geez, I thought that was David Lee Roth at first yikes.gif

Well, here's me...Beer Gut...Fishing Rod...Dirty Jeans....and the Hangover from Hell!

post-22245-12602981592296.jpg

Fighting a Vodka hangover with Jack Daniels could get nasty, Siggi.

Hey, Widowmaker - fishing from a balcony?

Nice to see some of you getting a face now.

I believe I had been drinking................................

Note to Self: Hide camera from evil wifey BEFORE afternoon drinking sessions begin.

post-53303-12603072045841.jpg

One of me during Halloween . I was a bit short that day

But this is the real me. I am one of the older ones and didn't have any silly pics around..at least that were recent.

We are a motley looking bunch of old Lags arent we? :lol:

Widowmaker - fishing from a balcony?

I have to say..I was very...VERY Drunk the night before...I think putting the two Rod sections together was as far as I got that day!! (the Lake is out of shot) :drinks:

Ok, no more cartoons, here's me with my 1966 Lone Star runabout that I restored. Great fishing boat. Caught a lot of pike and bass with this year.

DSCN0486.jpg

I know you're wondering what a Rickitycrate looks like, so...

Headin' out to catch a few

post-45792-1260318414253.jpg

post-45792-12603184161385.jpg

Doin' some beachcombing with that net

post-45792-12603184204978.jpg

Shooting an ad on location

post-45792-12603184185647.jpg

OK, here's silly. Me thinking I'm ever going to get this thing off the ground:

steve_seated.jpg

Now THAT'S a scrapbook of memories if I ever saw one!!!!!!!!!!!drinks.gif

I think we're all a bunch of "handsome devils".............as me sainted Grandmother Nellie would say as she lifted her glass of wine highball!!!!!!!rofl.gif

No worries guys................its the WIFEY that's Irish......(Mulcahy maiden name). I'm Danish /German....... fathers side

This picture isn't silly but this is what I look like.

Edit: Stupid pictures never work for me.

Edited by Av8er

Here ya go. Not a silly pic but there are very few of myself since I am the one always taking pics of the kids. :grin:

Crossbones

Though, when it comes to looking REALLY silly...you have a way to go, to out-silly Widowmaker Junior!

post-22245-12603503279528.jpg

Great to see you all! And funny!

Widowmaker, you must have missed the post before your last one - otherwise you

would have "bitten" at that picture.

Rickitycrate - you don't look at all rickity to me; rather like a senior sportsman.

Perhaps a Marlin angler?

Louvert - it's already half done! Just attach some wings from the next Eindecker

you shoot down, and there you go!

Av8er - where is the picture?

Crossbones - give your kids the camera. They'll do a silly one.

Edit: Widowmaker - your junior seems to have all the stuff I dreamt of as a kid!

Lucky boy!

My desired uniform was blue, with a yellow band along the leg sides. It had a

black hat with a golden cord around and crossed sabres on the front. A blue

shirt with double rows of buttons, a yellow neckerchief, white gloves, black

boots - you got it: the U.S. Cavallery. I never got one, and had to make it myself

from old blue jeans and other stuff. But in my phantasy it looked really good! Lol!

Edited by Olham

Well, I don't know if it's silly or not, but here's a pic of me and a Tiger Moth (I believe 1935 vintage, though I could be wrong...if you CAN correct me, please do).

I wasn't the pilot of course, though I have stunted a Robin aerobatic aircraft in a lesson from Sydney Aerobatic School.

I went to Coolangatta (south of Brisbane) to visit O'Reilly's Rainforest Guesthouse to go on an arduous trek out to the grave of a WW1 RNAS pilot, Reginald "Rex" Haslam. His aircraft and passengers were lost SOMEWHERE between Brisbane and Sydney, and as there was no radio fitted, the search area was massive. Some 10 days passed, and everyone gave up looking. Except for Bernard O'Reilly, a chap who lived on the Lamington Range. He figured out if Rex didn't turn out to sea to get around the storm over the mountains, there were several high ridges that might have jumped out at him. He searched for three days. Remarkably, he found the wreckage. Pilot and Co-Pilot both died on impact, and a few passengers. But three passengers had survived. After a week or so, the least injured passenger set off to try to get help. In the darkness, he stumbled over a cliff and perished. The other two were unable to travel, though one could crawl down to a creek and return with a thermos flask of water. After Bernard got out to them, he promised them he'd be back, and gave them his meagre supplies. He made his way to the nearest house, some day and a half away. Telephone calls were made, and two parties of men set out. One with doctors, medical supplies, and food hacked their way through the rainforest to get to the survivors, the other started from the nearest road, hacking their way through the heavy undergrowth to enable them to carry the injured out.

In Coolangatta, I decided to hire the Tiger Moth, asking him if he would overfly Rex's grave. We did so, and even stunted over the site, looping and rolling all the way back to the airfield. Mighty good sport.

I didn't make it out to Rex's grave. Even today, it is a very strenuous trek up and down mountain ridges, and due to the remoteness, a strict and rapid pace MUST be kept up, as it's too inhospitable to camp overnight. I'm afraid I didn't make it, and was forced to turn back.

Our Rex had already served in the infantry, suffering a horrific stomach wound at Gallipoli. He laid in a hole in no-man's land for 3 days, passing in and out of consciousness, packing his intestines back into his trunk when he "came to" again. Eventually returned to the beach by stretcher bearers, they told Rex "The sun is a bit hot mate, here...I'll put your slouch hat across your face for you". Essentially it was a signal to the stretcher bearers to not bother loading him on a lighter to take him to a hospital ship...this one was a "goner". Yet he survived. Repatriated home, he'd "done his bit for King and Country". No white feather for this chap. After he recovered from his injuries, he tried to rejoin, but they refused. So he paid his passage to England, and joined up with the RNAS. Did nothing really remarkable, but was an above average pilot according to his service record.

Hope you like the pic and the short story.

Great to see you all! And funny!

Av8er - where is the picture?

I couldn't get it to work. I can't seem to ever get pictures to work. How do you do it exactly again?