Sign in to follow this  
Lt. James Cater

What are you listening to?

Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

It's the grand parade of lifeless packaging!

detroit7 - Cold Heat. (They are a Japanese 3 piece garage band)

Falcon

Sorry, I have to take issue with that. Unless they're uber-rich or royalty, there's no garage in Japan that could hold a 3-piece band!! Maybe they could STORE their instruments on top of each other there...

Jupiter, from "The Planets" by Gustav Holst

Love it too Rambler. My 5 yr-old and I listen to it as part of the Right Stuff soundtrach when J Glenn takes off!

Last week: The Stranglers Greatest Hits 1977 to 1990

This week: The Sound Of The Smiths

Next week: must browse through the iTunes Store

Isn't it great when you stumble across an album or a band you haven't heard in yeeeeears. You download them and you literally wear the a*se out of those mp3s for at least a week or so

I dont know if you guys over in the States have heard these German guys. They take modern pop music and make it into old 50s style music. Its really cool!!!

The Baseballs - Umbrella

The Baseballs - Bleeding Love

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=McO2ckRO4AY

The new live CD's from Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murhpys. Also some stuff from a guy named Levi Lowrey.

Pink Floyd the Wall

Been wearing the arse out of this for the last week. Great to listen to when flying

post-29988-127256217935.jpg

Guest Raden

Just wondering what tunes or bands one is hearing at the moment.

Currently i'm listening to Mission Of Burma-A Gun To The Head CD.

Song of the moment-This Is Not A Photograph

When browsing I was listening (not at the moment since I by accident just deleted my best Lionel Richie's LADY! In addition, I enjoyed listening to the USMC's anthem! 

Guest Raden

Batman Begins OST -Hans zimmer and james newton howard.

i just love instrumental.

Hey, me too enjoyed VERY much some JAPANESE instrumentals. Could someone direct me to such musics where I can DL Free in MP3? Thanks

BTW, u who enjoy instrumentals, try Search "kecapi sunda" (Sundanese, in West Java, Indonesia, hopefully available) or "sunda kecapi". Kecapi is a single harp-like musical instrument, yet, it is placed on the floor with not many strings.

The Sundanese Kecapis instrumental sounds very similar to that of the Japanese instrumentals. "Wavy" sound that will "drown" us in -- hard to express here till u listen to them by ur self. Give it a try.

I my-self been wondering if the kecapis r available for free DL. TRy it later.

Lastly, as stated some weeks ago, I also enjoyed most songs by the Turks (Turkey) lady singers......... misplaced my cassettes I brought home from Istanbul 14 years ago!

Edited by Raden

Teen Town - Weather Report with Jaco Pastorius

More Satch goodness!

Has a great feel that works for either airborne fun, or out driving through the backroads in summer. Warning, you will want to crank this one up! cool.gif

Today it was "traditional swedish folk music" for me... Stuff like DS-13, The Vicious and Masshysteri.

:drinks: