Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

SF2 Expansion Pack 1 released

Same thing - those sounds are gone. Drop a line to TK, so that he doesn't forget it among other bugs :grin: I miss F-8 wing gymnastics hum.

I've had no CTDs so far. The P-51 seems underpowered to me, I had trouble hitting 250mph and was regularly flying under 200mph at full throttle!

I agree. I couldn't get the 51D to go at 400+ knots even in a shallow dive at full power. Did TK put WEP (War Emergency Power) in the 51D?

Falcon

I have found no real problems running new expansion. Found I too could not hear 50 cals, found no 50cal sound file in sound folder so I just added one and now I have the nosie you want to hear even with motor at full power. I have not noticed any other missing sound yet, if I do I check out the Sound folder first, sometimes they are not there.

James

Edited by James Fox

I agree. I couldn't get the 51D to go at 400+ knots even in a shallow dive at full power. Did TK put WEP (War Emergency Power) in the 51D?

Falcon

What do you mean even in a dive? P-51D had a maximum speed of 380knots and that was at 8km.

Maybe you are comparing it to the "H"? That was the only version that fast(also at alt).

I got 580kmh on the deck which is pretty much in line with historic data, didn't try to run it at altituded but in a dive I went well over 800kmh. It's just a bit too hard to stall and has a VERY generous turning ability.

So far the best FM for P-51D I saw was AVHistory FM...

Since the Mar2010 patch and now with the new Suez Crisis, looks like TW lacks good beta testers.

I'm sure some of the veterans modders here in CA, could help TK in order to prevent such bugs.

Since the Mar2010 patch and now with the new Suez Crisis, looks like TW lacks good beta testers.

I'm sure some of the veterans modders here in CA, could help TK in order to prevent such bugs.

He had good beta testers but dissolved the team for some reason.

He had good beta testers but dissolved the team for some reason.

I guessed so, by the two latest releases by TW. :dntknw:

By this he is cutting the tree...

I hope TK will have conclusions from this, and save us the bugs in the future.

I think beta testing was taken out because despite all the beta testing, some major bugs were missed and still required more patching after release. So instead of a handful of fans getting an early release to critique, everyone gets to beta test. I actually like it better this way since it means a lot more eyes finding a lot more bugs so TK can spend a lot less time by releasing fewer, but more comprehensive patches.

What do you mean even in a dive? P-51D had a maximum speed of 380knots and that was at 8km.

Maybe you are comparing it to the "H"? That was the only version that fast(also at alt).

I got 580kmh on the deck which is pretty much in line with historic data, didn't try to run it at altituded but in a dive I went well over 800kmh. It's just a bit too hard to stall and has a VERY generous turning ability.

So far the best FM for P-51D I saw was AVHistory FM...

My mind was asleep last night. Sorry about that. I always had problems of converting knots into miles per hour.

Falcon

My mind was asleep last night. Sorry about that. I always had problems of converting knots into miles per hour.

Falcon

No worries...but I'll tell ya, I never think in MPH when it comes to aircraft. Knots and NM are just so much easier to use because the math is much simpler, especially when you throw angles into the mix.

FC

I've taken P-51D into a 1000km/h dive. Boy, does the elevator authority suffer at this speed.

I've taken P-51D into a 1000km/h dive. Boy, does the elevator authority suffer at this speed.

I'd hope so! You're about .9 Mach at that point...a lot of the airframe would already be supersonic!

Mach tuck anyone?

:biggrin:

FC

Mach tuck anyone?

No thanks, I've eaten.

Most confusing dogfight ever - 8 vs. 8, Meteor vs Meteor. :blink:

Mach tuck anyone?

Gives me gas. I'll pass.

I think beta testing was taken out because despite all the beta testing, some major bugs were missed and still required more patching after release. So instead of a handful of fans getting an early release to critique, everyone gets to beta test. I actually like it better this way since it means a lot more eyes finding a lot more bugs so TK can spend a lot less time by releasing fewer, but more comprehensive patches.

No beta testers works really well for those of us here at CA, but someone new to the series might download from the TW site and get turned off by the bugs. Sure if they come here and drink from our cool-aid, they'll see the benefit of waiting for a patch and buy the entire series, but if they don't they might right it off as a buggy, incomplete product.

Regarding the new Exp Pack - I think the TW series, with this expansion pack, has finally surpassed the capabilities of my laptop. The screens lately have been AMAZING, but I just can't get the same results. I don't see a new laptop in the near future, but maybe I can conjure up an excuse... Keep up the good work TK!

No worries...but I'll tell ya, I never think in MPH when it comes to aircraft. Knots and NM are just so much easier to use because the math is much simpler, especially when you throw angles into the mix.

FC

True that. It just that in other sims I could push the 51D to go to 400 knots if necessary (with WEP boost).

Falcon

How do I install Strike Fighters 2 Patch 1 June 2010, it keeps coming up with Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 1 was not found in the specified folder. I have tried to locate the SF2 israel exe but I cant find it when I click on browse!

Help would be appreciated.

J