Sign in to follow this  
Dave

What I'm Working On 1956 Add on to the Add on

Hatzor......

In the mean time I have the RAF at Hatzor....:mad::angry2::oops:

Well, I hear it's pretty that of year.... :grin:

Posted the request, let's see if TK posts it.

In the meantime, if you don't want to delete Akrotiri, change the Alignment to NEUTRAL, and it'll be ignored.

of course, thinking futher along, past Muskateer/Kadesh....I CAN pull a trick as used on the Korea terrain and leave the airport fully operational for ALL years. It just won't be 'targetable' for strike missions, but still usable for Friendly Ops. (although, the occasioinal EAF recon mission may appear)

wrench

kevin stein

I set it to neutral. Also I am building this off of Stary's terrain. So people will have to adjust fire.

since i don't have stary's new terrain installed (or more accuratly, anywhere to install it too), can you open the terrain folder, and open the ISGREENAB.bmp, and post a screenie of it? That way, I can see what it lookes like. It should also be used under Meggido AB and Ramat David, according their placements in the TE

Also, are any new tiles added? Meaning, is the last tile listing in the data ini #165, isCity2Mountain50 (as per the texturelist.ini)

that'll be a BIG help!!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

since i don't have stary's new terrain installed (or more accuratly, anywhere to install it too), can you open the terrain folder, and open the ISGREENAB.bmp, and post a screenie of it? That way, I can see what it lookes like. It should also be used under Meggido AB and Ramat David, according their placements in the TE

Also, are any new tiles added? Meaning, is the last tile listing in the data ini #165, isCity2Mountain50 (as per the texturelist.ini)

that'll be a BIG help!!

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin, tiles AB are connected together on the lower left side, unlike the Vietnam one where they were connecting on the lower right side IIRC.

here's one as example (sorry don't have GreenAB here at the moment), as you can see I made them slightly desaturated into the lower left corner so one can spot the bases easier

and yes, last texturelist entry goes as entry 165:

[Texture165]

Filename=isCity2Mountain50.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.482638,0.420628,0.375629

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP

AlphaObjectTexture=ME_trees1.tga

sadly I don't have IsraelME texturelist build, as I did not intended to do any retiling for my Israel mod, just added them to TE one by one as my paint&tod work went, totally not in order and incomplete

here's isGreenAB tile as requsted, hope this helps:

Thanks Dave!! Can't wait to fly those Seahawks and try to kill something on the underpowered lovely Hawk!

Thanks Stary!!

I used my "cheaters" method to get them alinged, by painting a stripe along the outer edge. Interesting to note, when properly placed, they from a + at the center. Don't know if it'ss be visible in the screenie, but with the lines, it form a square swastika.

Gotta tell ya, that's one of my MUCH better idea for TE tiling; have done that for several other tiles that are difficult to see the corner/edges, too.

I put the city in for Phaphos, and the AB tiles just in case, also Larkana and Nicosia Just for show. Interesting to note, that Google shows a salt lake where I have Akrotiri!!

wrench

kevin stein

the swastika should be unrecognizable under the runway and taxiways I hope :blink:... I never noticed it working on the tiles :dntknw:

Still need a couple skinners to help out. Just have two projects. Other than getting Cyprus added, this is done. But do not want to release a half assed project.

EAF Sea Fury.....

Google shows a salt lake where I have Akrotiri!!

If memory serves me well, we need flocks of flamingoes modeled near those lakes. Cow repaint?

Here is what I have done:

Flyable

Royal Navy - 6 Seahawk and 1 Wyvern unit, all carrier based.

French - F4U-7 unit, carrier based. (Corsair need serious ini to SF2 standards work or I am going to scrap it)

French (IAF) - F-84 unit

RAF - 2 Canberra units

IAF - 1 Ouragan unit and 1 Mossie unit

Non flyable:

Egypt - 1 Sea Fury Unit

Edit skins and decals accordingly to.

What's left:

Sea Fury needs new skin

F4U-7 could use an updated skin and ini edits.

Terrain modification to add Cyprus for the RAF.

Add couple more French F-84 units and hopefully Gunrunner can hook me up with an RF-84F unit.

Anyone? dntknw.gif

Sweet work, looking forward to this when I get a chance to play it! The appropriate Wyvern squadron has accurate serial numbers, bar a couple I couldn't find, but they're possibles anyway. If you haven't already I've got unicode ini files to make it more SF2 compatible, just give me the word and I'll upload them.

Skippy

The Wyvern works perfect so far. I am not sure I even need Unicode converision. Do I need them? You dont mind of I use the Wyvern either do you?

To be honest I'm not sure if the unicode inis help, although I have read it improves frame rates. Anecdotally it seems to have helped on my laptop but I haven't done any scientific testing more just a quick check of the hud data!

More than happy for you to use the Wyvern, I must update it to full SF2 sometime with bump mapping...

looks like TK hasen't responeded with the Isrealme_Citylist.ini, so it looks like I have to recreate from scratch.

adds a few days time to the terrain. BTW, Dave, do you want me to 'trick' the AI with my airfield tweek ala KAW?? That means a new _types.ini, too for the 'new' items

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Kevin, why do you want to create citylist, may I ask? No need for it at all. After building texturelist.ini (based on terrain's IsraelME_data.ini textures hierarchy) you can output the tiles and heightmap to bmps (we all know that) and alter them in paint program, that's how I used to do for Gibraltar map, or do the manual retiling in TE; no city list needed in my opinion... but you are the terrains guru, so... :dntknw:

only because I want (well, NEED) to flatten Akrotiri for use, and see if I can sneak in RAF Phaphos as well. Tiles have already been placed for most of the larger cities on Cyprus. That bit is EASY!!! :lol:

wrench

kevin stein

doint it by exporting tiles to bitmap and manually painting pixel-size the lowest height as per colour index should do just fine

or maybe I'm thinking the easy way

Dave, was I that transparent. ^^

Well, I'm done with my Belgian Thunderflashes and reworked the aluminium skin for them so I'll be working on Musketeers 'flashes starting tomorrow, don't expect perfection, but that should be nice enough until someone with more talent and patience takes it further.

Actually I was planning all Thunderflashes involved, but my free time is apparently running out, so I'll try to get at least 4/33 done quickly.

Dave, I can do the Sea Fury and the Corsair, I'm also working on something else that you might be able to use. Is their any pics as to what is needed for the Sea Fury and Corsair? Any links to templates by the way? I can do without, if I have to, it'll take longer of course though.

JB5

Hi there I saw now this topic now .... :clapping:

I'ld have some stuff for You Dave & Friends:

- Complete F-84F Suez pack, 7 skins, all serials and squadrons done;

- A (new) updated SF-2 Venom (all new skins) with 6°, 8° and 249° RAF Squadrons planes with serials done, in FM tweaking;

- Hunter 5 skins for 1° and 34° RAF Squadrons serials to be done;

- Sea Hawk Suez collection, serials to be done/edited.

I'ld try to post some pics, but I'm having some pc/internet issue, today.

Paul :drinks:

P.S. I'm testing Capun's Sea Venom, too. But the model (it flyes like an angel) it's now back to the factory for polish before skinning.

post-5138-12739635679195.jpg

Edited by paulopanz

Here we are .. I can't upload any thing else this night ...

post-5138-12739646765145.jpgpost-5138-1273964329128.jpgpost-5138-12739644861833.jpg

N.B. Fuselage stripes just edited.

Edited by paulopanz