• Mexico
    • United States
    • Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Chile
    • Uruguay
    • Portugal
    • England

I don't know who is the greatest son of a bitch, the english ref or the dutch butchers. I don't think we can win against 15 foes (11 dutctmen+4 refs) while we are just 11

Brutal, I don't see a point in such a play, congrats to Spain all this makes your victory even more epic :drinks:

From Europe my No1 favorite is Spain. They played seriously good on the last Euro and they are...well...really, really good.

Just to remind what I said when the championship started :grin:

I was rooting for Holland as every four years, but after all the (unfair) leniency the ref showed Holland throughout, even if the end wasn't entirely fair it would be hypocritical in the extreme to complain. Next time. Unless Greece are in the final, you never know (I'd say Wales but I'm still awake I think).

Right, off to get some Octopus food and a small Greek flag for Paul before some disappointed Dutch revellers fry the poor Cephalopoda, or Jacky Jong kicks kick him in the chest.lol.gif

Hmmm, as I said (and as the coach of our team and some players actually said) : the best team won, so why all the whining ???

As for the referee, there will always be disputes about descisions and maybe he should have given even more yellow cards or even red ones, but I honestly think Spain (or others on behalf of Spain) should not have too much to complain let alone to play the role of the poor and helpless victims . They played well and that's that. "Theather" is part of the game nowadays (alas) and the Dutch were definitely not the only ones to act that way... There is no such thing as lillywhite innocence in modern football, as there is far too much money at stake.....

So Spain, get on celebrating, you're entitled to it, be proud and happy, and cut out the crap.:drinks:

And I am VERY proud of our team (ok, being a very small country too and for what it'd worth look at the number of votes we got :rofl:)

Hou doe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

VIVA ESPANA! :dance2::groupwave::dance:

Congratulations! Del Bosque is magnificent coach. :drunks:

O yes, forgot one thing: a big applause for South Africa for organising a splendid World Championship !!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hou doe,

Derk

Well done Spain, well done!

:shok::banned::haha: Edited by Kulbit80

Who's already looking forward to World Cup Brazil 2014?

I'm really hoping to get things together and head on down there. There are certain things one should experience in life and a World Cup is one of them. Back in 1994 i lived not too far from one of the chosen grounds, but i was all caught up in a maelstrom of happenings to even give the tournament more than an occasional glance on the TV.

PS-The cops around my area actually celebrated when the English failed to qualify. Nobody wanted to get in the middle of the conflict between their hooligans and the absolutly armed to the teeth locals.

Congrats Spain! :drinks:

A very boring match, but i think the best team had won!

Hi!

Being the only soccer hater in The Netherlands, I thought the game had already finished when I stumbled on the

TV channell still broadcasting the game. Two more 15 min rounds, in which I think BOTH teams performed

poorly. Not very World Cup Final level.

I always hate the arrogance with which our Orange team is prancing around, and I think it was sheer luck

that placed them in the finals. On the other hand I expected more of an entertaining battle, which it wasn't.

Hate to be the Spaniard or Dutchman who paid his whole holiday allowance for a seat in South Africa.

At least the Orange players go home with about €300,000.00 each.......

Muesli

Congrats Spain! :drinks:

A very boring match, but i think the best team had won!

yes it was a very boring match.

Okay does this mean that the Hairdressers cup final is now over ??? And I can come out of my server room without being hounded by Hairdresser fanatics ??? :rofl::lol:

Edited by Slartibartfast

37841_141382952540544_100000065202772_399418_4124476_n.jpg Edited by shotdown

The third place match was so much better to watch, both teams wanting to win and a much more wide open match. The final was the usual Spain type match,lots of ball control, and the Dutch looking to counter on break aways from others mistakes. I think both were afraid to lose as opposed to trying to win. Well another 4 years then we can start all over again.

The third place match was so much better to watch, both teams wanting to win

and specially both teams wanting to play football (or soccer for USA) instead of some sick martial arts contest.

Personally, I thought the title game was great. It wasn't high-scoring but that's because both sides fought so hard. Each goalie played a terrific game. Neither had a serious brain-fart like I had seen in many other games. Both teams were physical and aggressive. It seems clear to me that both sides wanted to win. I agree to a certain lack of elegance in the play, but at that level there isn't time to look good. You just gotta win, baby. The Spaniards did it. The Dutch proved a worthy opponent. Congrats Spain!

The championship left mixed feellings for me. On one hand WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS :clapping:and not only we won, we also deserved it (doesn't always happen). On the other hand, the FIFA gangsters and their lackeys (refs, of course) are killing this game. Thanks to them, senseless violence has become as important in football (soccer if you are from USA :grin:) as skill with the ball.

Is it just me? I haven't heard any one single vuvuzela for some days. Now I almost miss them. Frightening.