Sign in to follow this  
column5

Mirage Factory F-14A and F-14B Tomcat

Dangit!

So close to a full-blown clowning. :blink:

Oh, well, I guess I'll bide my time, as I've no idea how one goes.

And, just to stay on topic, already completed a campaign, 4 missions o'er Israel. We wiped `em out so fast with the `Cat,

they called a draw before we even got warmed up.

Now I gotta get it into a Euro campaign, but I gotta figure out a carrier path or summat...

Just flew the A and B in a couple of missions. Out-friggin'-standing, first of all. The models for the plane are top-notch and the cockpit is awesome. Got into a guns dispute with some Su-27's and MiG-29's in the Bravo. The dispute ended with the Tomcat still flying. Awesome stuff, gents, and thanks again for all your hard work! :clapping:

When I end the mission in the air, or beeing shot down, all is fine, but when I land I get a CTD after hitting ESC?!

Carrier trap, or land based?

I hate to admit it, but on my 4 missions of campaign, and range shakedown, I only ever landed on a runway.

Just wanted to get a good feel before a hair-raising carrier qual...

Great work Guys!

thank you for your work, another milestone! :drinks:

@ Martin: Haven´t got that problem with all 4 F-14´s. :dntknw:

Normal Landbase :dntknw:

I have no CTD after that. Maybe it has something to do with the terrain or even the runway you're using.

martin is your install "heavy" moddet?

I had the same problem (with other 3rd party aircrafts) with my old heavy moddet

SF2 E/V install.

Happens that in every terrain?

Not realy heavy modded, some terrains, mainly the standart "Stary" upgrade, weapons and planes, that`s it ... Ive tested it only in Taiwan and Israel, and israel was stock, will check other terrains later ...

Maybe some issues with RAM ?!

Okay I downloaded about 3 minutes after release and tonight I finally get to fly this beautiful bird and the 2 weeks where more than worth it... Even though I had to turn down the Graphics on my PC well I was running NF4+... amongst other things...

A huge thank you to all involved My thanks to The Mirage Factory, Column 5 and all involved and a wonderful dedication to Ollie even though I knew him not just the wonderful work he did...

Edited by Slartibartfast

[sniff]

...two.....almost three years... [sniff]

...the greatest Two Weeks, indeed. :grandpa:

THANK YOU TO ALL!!! :drinks:

...any templates on the way???

SidDogg

[sniff]

...two.....almost three years... [sniff]

...the greatest Two Weeks, indeed. :grandpa:

THANK YOU TO ALL!!! :drinks:

...any templates on the way???

SidDogg

2 weeks... :rofl:

Edited by Slartibartfast

Great aircraft guys. However, I don't get a loudout image when choosing my weapons load. I have checked the .INI file and it is looking for F-14A_loadout.bmp but I can't find that file anywhere. Is anyone else finding this, or is it just me?

loadout images in SF2 should be using the .tga format.

Yeah, I noticed. The SF1 Tomcat has one, though. :wink:

That is where I "borrowed" mine from.

Doesn't quite fit, but better'n a blank...

Oops, sorry. Got so busy making sure the FM, weapons and avionics were working that it must of slipped through. If that is the worst of our mistakes then I can live with it. We will update it later.

500 downloads in one week. That has to be a record.

A little question? What does the VDI do? Whats it for?

A little question? What does the VDI do? Whats it for?

Central to the pilot's instrument panel is a pair display screens arranged vertically. The upper display, referred to as the Vertical Display Indicator (VDI), is a multi-function screen of sorts with two primary roles. The first task is to provide navigation and flight data during normal flight and recovery. When lining up to land aboard the carrier, the VDI displays the Instrument Landing System (ILS). Made up of a set of vertical and horizontal lines, they form a perfect cross when the aircraft has achieved optimal orientation for landing. Any deviation from the "glide slope" by the aircraft results in a corresponding deviation of the ILS indicators. The ILS forms just a part of the landing aids available to the pilot, some of which will be discussed further on. During intercepts, images from the TCS are displayed on the VDI, providing a means for the pilot to identify the target while maintaining many miles of separation.

http://www.jolly-rogers.com/airpower/f-14/f-14-av.htm

Central to the pilot's instrument panel is a pair display screens arranged vertically. The upper display, referred to as the Vertical Display Indicator (VDI), is a multi-function screen of sorts with two primary roles. The first task is to provide navigation and flight data during normal flight and recovery. When lining up to land aboard the carrier, the VDI displays the Instrument Landing System (ILS). Made up of a set of vertical and horizontal lines, they form a perfect cross when the aircraft has achieved optimal orientation for landing. Any deviation from the "glide slope" by the aircraft results in a corresponding deviation of the ILS indicators. The ILS forms just a part of the landing aids available to the pilot, some of which will be discussed further on. During intercepts, images from the TCS are displayed on the VDI, providing a means for the pilot to identify the target while maintaining many miles of separation.

http://www.jolly-rog...-14/f-14-av.htm

Thank you!

Another question: The TCS. Its not implemented yet as it says in the avionics manual. Does the sim allow features like these to be used ingame?

Thank you!

Another question: The TCS. Its not implemented yet as it says in the avionics manual. Does the sim allow features like these to be used ingame?

No. right now its just a a foward looking camera at this point.

I think I disabled the "wannabe a TCS" camera in the latest avionics version

because its useless and only gets in the way when changing through the radar modes

and that can end ugly if you are in a hurry to go from search to ACM mode ... :ninja: