Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

The UllyB mega-uberthread

Close Air Support and armed recon missions are defined under the [Attack] heading

As for the fuel tank - make sure the name of the fuel tank is specified in the data ini.

[CenterlineStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00,-1.61,-1.12

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-5.5,0.0

LoadLimit=1650

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,CGR,TER,MER,NUC,RCN,FT,GP

AttachmentType=USN,NATO

ModelNodeName=pylon_center

PylonMass=150

PylonDragArea=0.02

FuelTankName=Tank300_A6 <---------------

anything else you will need to be more specific and provide details

Thanks, I was writing from scratch the loadout.ini and I don't know what I was thinking and I wrote CAS instead of "attack"...lol...and I misspelled Anti-ship with anti_ship.

And yes there was no fuel tank name specified.

Thank you once again.

I love em already!

I finally found a LP for NATO. How does actually (as gameplay) a laser bomb/rocket work ? How do you do it ?

I guess it's not that easy as for a TV guided missile...is it ?

Okay with the laser pod make sure its mounted on your Jet then drop your laser guided bombs from about 4 miles out in a shallow dive from around 10000ft and you will most times get a hit on what your aiming at I would say about 80%... For targets you target them in much the same way as a TV guided weapon make sure you can see the target on the radar screen and take it from there... Laser guided Missiles around 10000ft again and about 6 miles... but this is variable on the missile of course...

Okay with the laser pod make sure its mounted on your Jet then drop your laser guided bombs from about 4 miles out in a shallow dive from around 10000ft and you will most times get a hit on what your aiming at I would say about 80%... For targets you target them in much the same way as a TV guided weapon make sure you can see the target on the radar screen and take it from there... Laser guided Missiles around 10000ft again and about 6 miles... but this is variable on the missile of course...

ok, thanks. My first tests are promising.

I looked at the pics, nice texture ! What map is that please ?

I changed the F-4 cockpit with a new one F4 _ES which uses avionics70.dll, it looks nicer , it's slick but some detail bothers me a lot (see pic). The radar texture green frame is bigger that the board instrument where it should fit , so the speed of a target is not shown right. (I wonder why the author didn't notice that when tested the mod and corect the issue). How could I fix that ? I tried to shrink that BMP (radar texture) but it doesn't work....(I was thinking it can't be that easy). I really would love some expert advice. Thank you.

post-61176-063655700 1282818730.jpg

Edited by UllyB

You shouldn't have bothered with all that trouble mate :no:

I've already done that cockpit and uploaded it. You can get it here:

http://combatace.com...ade-version-10/

I think you missunderstood me friend. THAT is the cockpit in CAUSE which gives that....glitch. There is NO other. That's the one I downloaded. Now you see the ...picture? :)

So...now that you know what's the issue let's see how can we solve that, alright ? I use the F-4E_kurnas stock files and I just added that cockpit of yours. Didn't you notice that you can't see the speed dials ?

It's a luck that the author saw my post. Let's hope we can find a solution to solve the issue. It bothers me very.

I wait for your reply.

Apologies for misreading your first message. I didn't read through it properly. However back to the issue at hand.

I take it this is the reading your referring to:

post-29988-030794400 1282828747.jpg

If so, as you can see it seems perfect at this end, radar size and all. I'm not sure if I ever updated it, but I just downloaded the mod from here at CA, as I don't have any SFP1 titles anymore. I put it into an F-4E and tried it out without a bother.

Just in case it has been updated, here's the INI files:

F-4ES_COCKPIT_INIs.rar

Try them out and get back to me. Let me know how it goes

Apologies for misreading your first message. I didn't read through it properly. However back to the issue at hand.

I take it this is the reading your referring to:

post-29988-030794400 1282828747.jpg

If so, as you can see it seems perfect at this end, radar size and all. I'm not sure if I ever updated it, but I just downloaded the mod from here at CA, as I don't have any SFP1 titles anymore. I put it into an F-4E and tried it out without a bother.

Just in case it has been updated, here's the INI files:

F-4ES_COCKPIT_INIs.rar

Try them out and get back to me. Let me know how it goes

man...it's the same....I don't understand...

Could be the textures of the WOI F4E stock model cockpit ?

Edited by UllyB

Kevin,

I recently find this post (see the pic). Disregard, please what is NOT incircled with RED ! If the Iraq/Iran campaign work after a SF1 series game is patched with oct 2008 update, than this raise a legitim question: why doesn't that campaign work with WOI ? Is somehow WOI 2008 patched different than SF1 2008 patched ?

post-61176-096544900 1282830613.jpg

F@*k man, this has got me stumped.

The only suggestion I can give to you is to try this F-4E cockpit LOD file from SFP1:

If that doesn't work, I honestly don't know what to do :dntknw:

I came across a AmokFloo Mirage 2000D landing gear lights. They look very nice ! My question is: Can this be applied to any aircraft just changing the corresponding settings in aircraft data ini file, lights section or...those...fancy lights are part of that specific LOD model ?

F@*k man, this has got me stumped.

The only suggestion I can give to you is to try this F-4E cockpit LOD file from SFP1:

If that doesn't work, I honestly don't know what to do :dntknw:

Yeap , it's the LOD model! It worked, many thanks man!

But if you'll check the upload you made (the one we discussed above, in download section)) the LOD is not a F4E there, it's this: F-15APit.LOD and F-15APit.OUT ! So, if I were you I would go there and update the mod.Otherwise you'll be seeing guys like me asking about that issue :)

Nice to meet you BTW and thank you once again for help!

Benny

Edited by UllyB

Yeap , it's the LOD model! It worked, many thanks man!

But if you'll check the upload you made (the one we discussed above, in download section)) the LOD is not a F4E there, it's this: F-15APit.LOD and F-15APit.OUT ! So, if I were you I would go there and update the mod.Otherwise you'll be seeing guys like me asking about that issue :)

Nice to meet you BTW and thank you once again for help!

Benny

Glad it worked out for you.

There's two reasons why I didn't include that cockpit LOD. Firstly cos I assumed that anybody downloading it would already have SFP1 or SFG. Secondly, and more importantly, is cos that cockpit LOD is an original stock file and legally isn't supposed to be re-distributed :no:

Those F-15 files you mentioned aren't really doing any harm (I left them in there by accident) so I don't think I'll bother removing them. However, I'll edit the Readme soon to make sure this headache can be avoided.

Regards,

Piecemeal

Glad it worked out for you.

There's two reasons why I didn't include that cockpit LOD. Firstly cos I assumed that anybody downloading it would already have SFP1 or SFG. Secondly, and more importantly, is cos that cockpit LOD is an original stock file and legally isn't supposed to be re-distributed :no:

Those F-15 files you mentioned aren't really doing any harm (I left them in there by accident) so I don't think I'll bother removing them. However, I'll edit the Readme soon to make sure this headache can be avoided.

Regards,

Piecemeal

Oh, I see...

In that case...it means that WOI stock F4E is no match with that original from SF1, which, you must admit, it's a surprise. For me , it surely was.

Cheers!

Piecemeal, what is F-15APit.LOD? If it's from any of the TW sims...pull it.

FC

Those landing lights are just generated by the game engine with the entries in the aircraft´s Data.ini file, nothing special in the LOD file (if i remember correctly :grin: ). You should been able to use them on any other aircraft also. Only thing you would need to change is the Position=0.127,2.909,-1.395 and LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,3.50 to fit the different position on other aircrafts.

one needs to find out EXCACTLY where the light on the real aircrft are located, 'guestimate' said location on the LOD, test, adjust, test, adjust, ad infinitum.

Having done it several hundred times, I should know (and not just landing light, all the running/formation, marker, beacons, etc)

wrench

kevin stein

Becasue it wasn't built for WoI. Each seperate game in the 1stGens either has something or lacks something from each other (although, WoE is the most flexible).

A quick comparison chart...

Things built for WoI are for WoI ONLY

Things built for SF are for SF ONLY

Things built for WoE are for WoE ONLY

Things built for WoV are for WoV ONLY

see the trend?? it keeps things nice and simple.

wrench

kevin stein

Becasue it wasn't built for WoI. Each seperate game in the 1stGens either has something or lacks something from each other (although, WoE is the most flexible).

A quick comparison chart...

Things built for WoI are for WoI ONLY

Things built for SF are for SF ONLY

Things built for WoE are for WoE ONLY

Things built for WoV are for WoV ONLY

see the trend?? it keeps things nice and simple.

wrench

kevin stein

alright, I see your point. For me if I can play with SF1 and the game it can be patch to oct 2008, that's wonderful. It is true , when we spoke last time about this campaign it was about the WOI + Iraq/Iran terrain. Fact is that when you said that ...that old terrain has issues with the oct patch (new update engine), I thought that goes for SF1, too. So that is why I didn't then bother ask that. I'm glad I saw that post.Things are not lost. As I said I can try the Iran/Iraq campaign these days.

Those landing lights are just generated by the game engine with the entries in the aircraft´s Data.ini file, nothing special in the LOD file (if i remember correctly :grin: ). You should been able to use them on any other aircraft also. Only thing you would need to change is the Position=0.127,2.909,-1.395 and LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,3.50 to fit the different position on other aircrafts.

Oh, I see...That's good news than.Thank you for your input.

PS - what does exactly that parameter " LightSrcOffset" ?

Edited by UllyB

one needs to find out EXCACTLY where the light on the real aircrft are located, 'guestimate' said location on the LOD, test, adjust, test, adjust, ad infinitum.

Having done it several hundred times, I should know (and not just landing light, all the running/formation, marker, beacons, etc)

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin I was talking about landing gear lights. As I recall you don't just...simply see them...on the front landing gear. That is why this born my question and my idea in my head when I saw AmokFloo Mirage2000 at night taking off. In other words, not noticing them on the landing gear in common situations I asume that maybe they were part of the aircraft model (LOD file). What I understood (AmokFloo said above in a reply post) is that IF I can set straight those config lines in gear light section (of course , trying and adjusting, testing etc), I can have them for almost every plane. This is good news.

Thank you, you are willing to help as always with your modding expertise.

Oh, I see...That's good news than.Thank you for your input.

PS - what does exactly that parameter " LightSrcOffset" ?

I believe this is the "point" where the light is showing towards. Meaning when you are at this point and you look to the light, you´ll see it in maximum brightness. From all other angles it get´s less brighter, depending how far you move away from this point, but don´t take this too much serious, as i´m not sure at all! :grin: