Sign in to follow this  
scary_pigeon

what am I doing now?

Looking forward to see what might come from that :biggrin:

I got the impression that making every single tree in a sim collidable would be a piece of cake. But then there aren't that many trees in the Falklands, are there?

Looking forward to see what might come from that  :biggrin:

I got the impression that making every single tree in a sim collidable would be a piece of cake. But then there aren't that many trees in the Falklands, are there?

Indeed there are no native trees in the Falklands, but it is full of rocks and large rocky formations that were essential to the progress of any ground fighting and we surely will fill our landscape with them:

post-991-1110667806_thumb.jpg

So this is where you get information on JT's progress. The SimHQ JT forum has been so quiet, I thought production had stopped. :)

Its good to see A gunsight on the Pucará.

Gunny.

development has not stopped, dont worry about quietness. sometimes it pauses - i got a new PC and well, part of the problem is like this: I am writing on a game because i love playing games.. ..and the new PC works - it proved impossible to resist spending my holiday playing games.

dante continues to do work on the objects, I am working on the AI mostly.

I can't wait for a demo!!!

I started to program the interface, indeed we can't have a demo anytime if we don't have a proper game front-end (menus, interface, pilot logbook, etc) running properly and integrated in the game. At the moment all it does is to load the game (clicking in an "Instant Action" button :)) and to Exit to Windows in the respective button...Lots of work to do, but we're optimistic! :)

Edited by Dante-JT

right now, I'm trying to add in missiles! only just now are we adding in guided missiles.

I'm pretty excited though about some improvements to AI - simple stuff that lets us quite precisely fly the aircraft without resorting to fake AI.

still working towards this demo which will be out soon :P

I started to program the interface, indeed we can't have a demo anytime if we don't have a proper game front-end (menus, interface, pilot logbook, etc) running properly and integrated in the game. At the moment all it does is to load the game (clicking in an "Instant Action" button :)) and to Exit to Windows in the respective button...Lots of work to do, but we're optimistic! :)

Instant Action, Exit to windows, come on. What else is needed. :lol:

Instant Action, Exit to windows, come on. What else is needed.

Well, at the moment the Instant Action has no one to shoot at :search::rofl:

well done to all you guys! looking forward to the demo also.Glad to see all the news and updates..keep them coming! :victory:

Well, at the moment the Instant Action has no one to shoot at  :search:  :rofl:

Well, okay. I can see the problem with no one to shoot at (just a small problem :clapping: ). I'll give ya that one. I am looking forward to your sim though. It looks good thus far.

Keep up the great work.

missiles.

i read somewhere that they have a high power phase to start with then a sort of cruise phase where thrust is less but constant - or is that just for SAM's

is it true at all?

i'm going to be modelling some missile FM's shortly.

Mirage IIIE and (Dagger later) 3D cockpits in development now:

cabinarender11.jpg

cabinarender12.jpg

cabinarender13.jpg

Steve, how was the missile firing tests?

Are you already modeling the warhead/damage they cause? In other words, are you having missile kills yet?

at the moment the missile are guided - but they fly the wrong way. i have to improve script code.

now they are guided on target - but some bugs have been reveiled. for some reason the number of objects in the game keeps going up in a particular link list -all copies of the original test objects. the end result is that deleting objects from the scene takes ages. have to figure out the cause and solution to this later after work.

I can't believe how cool this is. My primary interest is naval, and I'm drooling over those ship models. Any chance of ship-to-ship combat - maybe in an expansion? :clapping:

If you haven't gotten it yet, Shaw's Fighter Combat tactics and manoeuvering should provide you with all the theory necessary.

its amazing how simple niggely things can take so long to fathom.

there was an issue with missiles being fired - then when it comes to remove them from the system, they were mysteriously hanging in mid air. after many hours I found out why and all is well.

in the simple test, the AI fighter plane turns on the other fighter and launches its missile. the missile then flies to the target - doesnt cause any damage and flys off at some unguided tangent.

we've not had guided missiles before. so it was fun to see it happen.

what will happen next is cannons. in previous movies we've made you will have seen cannon firing. This was done without creating specfic places for the cannon. now we'll have scripts to tell us where the cannons on the aircraft will be placed, and what sort they are.

Hi all, just dropped in again to see how things are progressing, pleasantly surprised to see talk of a demo already, things must be really moving along now.

Scary pigeon - you must be a right clever Dick to take all those complex physics problems in your stride :yes:

Dante - how far down the line is that County Class Destroyer? And did you get the pics I sent?

:victory:

Dante - how far down the line is that County Class Destroyer?  And did you get the pics I sent?

Yep I got them all :) But I need also a 3-view schematics drawing of the ship to get the dimensions and relative volumes correctly, and I was also busy with the cockpits (and I'm still) so I didn't have a County Class Destroyer model work-in-progress model to show to you now :(

keep it up guys!!!!

if you can finish there will be no more wallmart!

all the best,

uhoh7

I'm working right now in the Port Stanley airfield layout and objects, so I'm very busy, but its coming together nicely. I'm using as reference a DVD documentary I bought, "the Fall of Port Stanley", it has News footage that helped me build the feeling of the place (muddy, rocks scattered nearby, fuel depots and planes in the open, no protection against air strike); I also used that famous black&white photo of the 'Black Buck' attack results to build the position and ratio width/lenght of the runway; I've uploaded a few working in progress screenshots, there are two problems:

1) the entire airbase is in the middle of the ocean instead of in the real position, that's because I still don't have a little config file where I can give coords to new stuff in the game's world, hopefully Steve will address this soon :)

2) the plane parked in ground doesn't cast shadow, so I won't be posting a website update until we implement shadows for planes on ground (looks awfull without), but well, it's cosmetic stuff, we're focused in making the game playable first. :)

The .rar archive with the pics:

http://www.thunder-works.com/stanley-airfield-JT.rar

I will also build the Port Stanley city soon, so it's very busy times for me, but JT's world needs to be populated - it's so empty at the moment!