Sign in to follow this  
dokken1212

Hey Guys ... Newbie Popping In To Say Hello :-)

Hi guys

Just thought I would drop in and say 'hello' to everyone as I have just purchased OFF and HiTR. Looks absolutely superb :-)

I only ordered OFF 2-3 days ago so likely wont get playing for another week or so but I also bought HiTR for installing once OFF arrives :-) (Also CFS 3)

Can't wait to get started ....... have been playing 'Rise of Flight' over the last few days but OFF looks way better and more in-depth :-)

Anyway guys 'Tally - Ho' and look forward to speaking to you all as I get more engrossed in OFF ......hurry up postman!!! lol

speak soon fella's

James

Welcome dokken1212, I feel your anxiety as I'm in the same state as you...waiting ! :boredom:

There is a lot of good reading around here, that will help you in every aspect.

:drinks:

Edited by elephant

Hello Dokken!

Welcome to OFF - even though you've not got it yet...

Take your time and read through all the technical tips and flight tips stuff that's posted on here: trust me, it's all very useful. Also, I guess you've got a pretty butch PC if you've been running RoF, but it's worth having a look at ways maximising OFF's performance on your rig.

As ever, the new guy buys the beers! Fortunately for you, I'm a cheap round, so I'll have a pint of absinthe.

Any questions you want answered - we're all here and (generally) helpful.

Cheers,

Si

Welcome to the" Great War" dokken1212!

See you in the officer's pub.

Ratatat

....... have been playing 'Rise of Flight' over the last few days but OFF looks way better and more in-depth :-)

Welcome. I see that you are a smart fellow and figure things out quickly, so you will fit right in (grin).

Welcome aboard Dokken. You find no finer WWI flight sim or forum than right here sir. While you're waiting impatiently for your DVDs to arrive, now is the time to go through all of the Survival in the Air tactics guides. They are extremely well written and very useful. If you don't mind my saying so, it's a bit dangerous up there and everyone could always use a little extra advice on how certain planes handle.

Glad you're here sir. You've made a very wise decision!

Hellshade

Welcome aboard, Dokken! New guy buys the drinks! :drinks:

Just drop your bag on any old bunk. There are always quite a few vacancies around here and if you happen to pick an occupied cot, the current owner will probably go missing before sundown. C'est la guerre :dntknw:

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find OFF completely addictive. I recommend reading the "Survial in the Air" sticky topic above, as well as Uncle Al's collectd wisdom over in the Help forum.

Welcome to the War old chap... dokken1212 mines a coffee and a good shot of schnapps. As to the advice provided by our very own Mr Grumpy that is UncleAl... follow his advice as it makes a lot of sense... trust us... :drinks:

Welcome "Over Flanders Fields", dokken1212 - when you're in for depth (or "immersion", a word we stress here quite often),

then you have made the best decision.

Make sure you familiarise yourself with the right ways to install and if you have the right CFS3 version;

check all that here:

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm

If you send me a PM with your town and state, I'll add you to our "OFF Forum Pilots Maps".

Oh, and I will have a virtual "Warsteiner" Pilsener - thanks!

Hi guys

Just thought I would drop in and say 'hello' to everyone as I have just purchased OFF and HiTR. Looks absolutely superb :-)

I only ordered OFF 2-3 days ago so likely wont get playing for another week or so but I also bought HiTR for installing once OFF arrives :-) (Also CFS 3)

Can't wait to get started ....... have been playing 'Rise of Flight' over the last few days but OFF looks way better and more in-depth :-)

Anyway guys 'Tally - Ho' and look forward to speaking to you all as I get more engrossed in OFF ......hurry up postman!!! lol

speak soon fella's

James

Tally-Ho James,

Welcome aboard - think it was Tom Petty: "the waiting is the hardest part"! :grin:

But as the friendly crew have pointed out already - there's a wealth of wisdom to be had from trawling around this forum while you're waiting for your first posting.

Oh, and make mine a Laphroaig - cheers! :drinks:

Welcome! Enjoy your stay on the Western Front, just be sure to wipe your shoes on your way through the door. drinks.gif

Hi Dokken,

As the others have said, welcome to THE forum for our WW1 flight sim, Over Flanders Fields. I'm sure you'll get as engrossed in flying to survive as we all do here. Keep your eyes peeled for developments on Phase 4.

Enjoy :salute:

TaillyHo: Oh, and make mine a Laphroaig - cheers!

Isn't he a modest guy?

The 'replacements' are coming through thick and fast...how long will this one last?...two weeks?...three? :lol:

But seriously Dokken....welcome to the Front! :drinks:

Greetings Dokken, and welcome to the OFF forums, (and soon the OFF skies). Don't worry about us lot giving you a bit of a wind up, it's just our way of making you feel at home. As has been so rightly pointed out for you already, new lads buy the drinks, and I believe I'll have a nice pinta' red and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps my good man.

Cheers!

Lou

I kinda envy all you new guys - you are about to begin a great adventure in the best WW1 sim ever made. Everything will be new and shiny for you. Have fun, and welcome. And don't be disappointed if you lose a lot of pilots. It's quite normal and happens to all of us. :drinks:

Hasse Wind, we will have that feeling again, when P4 will get announced to appear "soon".

Until then, I still have several Jasta yet to fly in - not to mention the Entente squads and Escadrilles!

Oh yes, OFF is like a good wine - it gets better as it grows old. :grin:

But there's nothing like the very first time you start a career mission, take off from the field, look around and head towards the front, not knowing what will happen. That's some excitement! And in a great sim like OFF we can safely experience it. I'm sure the feelings in a real situation would be a lot more unpleasant.

I never realised just how many Drugs and Alcohol products were available in the Trenches!...saw a documentary on the First World War last week about it.

I bet drugs and alcohol are something, all soldiers everywhere on the world, and any time in history, got well supplied with.

I never realised just how many Drugs and Alcohol products were available in the Trenches!...saw a documentary on the First World War last week about it.

I think that's always been the case in war. Drugs and alcohol has been used, with or without the permission of the higher ranks. And if one thinks about just how bad it must have been to stay in the forward trenches for weeks, with no end of the war in sight, one can hardly blame the guys. I know that after both world wars of the 20th century, there was a huge crowd of former soldiers in every country who had become addicted to morphine or some other drug, or alcohol.

In Goshawk Squadron they consider booze to be "squadron equipment", just as important as petrol and spare parts. Keeps the pilots from thinking too much, keeps them warm in the air, and apparently prevents an upset stomach from inhaling engine fumes

I suspect WM's referring to the easy availabilty of cocaine and heroin, which I believe, early in the War, one could buy in high class stores in 'gift packs' for The Front.

I think I've read also that the production of cocaine in industrial quantites during the War lead to a surplus when it ended, thus fuelling the roaring twenties... the latter may be an urban myth, however.

But, to get back on topic, a warm welcome to OFF and I'll have a pint of Wytchwoods 'Dog's Bollocks' if you please.