Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Guess where I've been today?

Number 13 is UK somewhere, Olham how about another visual clue, something we can google if no one is coming up with an answer.

The person who lives there, should recognise it - but there is little activity here recently,

and often they don't seem to look into the forum for days.

So short before Xmas, they all seem to be on the chase for presents.

More fun pics Olham, and still very entertaining and enlightening seeing where other folks in our little community hang their hat. This old world of ours has a lot of very beautiful places in it, and it's a pity none of us will ever live long enough to personally visit them all.

Indeed, Lou - the planet seems smaller in the age of internet and jet planes, but still...

Town No. 13 is Leeds, hometown of Slartibartfast (who is in Vienna right now).

Town No. 14 is Dahlonega, Georgia - hometown of CaptSopwith (who missed this by an inch)

Here comes the next one.

Town No. 15 is Lake Louise, Alberta - home area of Shredward.

Edited by Olham

Indeed, Lou - the planet seems smaller in the age of internet and jet planes, but still...

Town No. 13 is Leeds, hometown of Slartibartfast (who is in Vienna right now).

If thats in Leeds I don't know where it is... lol and anyway I am now Vienese with the Siamese...

Choice of living in Leeds or Vienna... was such a hard decision to make, ahhh who am I kidding if you know Leeds in England you will understand...

Though Lou old chap... I have done my fair share of visiting on this planet and I have still missed 2 continents!!! and those are Australia and Antartica... but you are right there is still so much beauty out there to see sometimes its just round the corner...

As was said in Lord of the Rings... (Poetic License here please)

Its a Brave thing m'lad to set out on a Journey to who knows where and the hardest footstep is the one out your door...

Edited by Slartibartfast

Number 15 looks to me somehow ...... unfamiliar!!!     :dntknw:

Huh, gottcha, couch potatoe! :grin:

Slarti, I was driving down "Briggate" from Leeds center, and after crossing "The Calls"

north of the river Aire, I was on "Bridge End" bridge, looking south over the river.

There seem to be many former store houses, which got renovated to be used as flats?

(Very expensive, surely)

Edited by Olham

Huh, gottcha, couch potatoe! :grin:

Slarti, I was driving down "Briggate" from Leeds center, and after crossing "The Calls"

north of the river Aire, I was on "Bridge End" bridge, looking south over the river.

There seem to be many former store houses, which got renovated to be used as flats?

(Very expensive, surely)

South of the River this time of night you have to be joking.... :lol:

Now I know where you are but I havn't been there for years...

No. 15 - Oooh, I think I've been there! - looks very much like Lake Louise, Alberta.

I don't know where #15 is, but I'm pretty sure I've stayed in a house like the one marked "Rent Me" on the lower left side of the photo. :blink:

Edited by NS13Jarhead

No 15 - looks oddly familiar to me too :yikes:. Taken during the mercifully short second season, the other being winter.

the shredder.

Of course you know your area, Shredward - there are not too many houses in Lake Lousie.

TaillyHo, you surprised me! You are from Hobart, Tasmania, and you have really been there?

I thought 15 was in the Rockies, I was at Lake Louise in 78 and if there had been some lake in the pic I might have had a guess at it. Is the Lake behind the building or to the right? Great scenery, fond memories.

Just check Google Maps and type the name in. Then zoom into the map.

If you pull the little yellow mannikin from the left into a road in the map, you will find yourself

in Google Streetview. You can now walk around there with the arrows.

Our first season is winter, the second. mercifully short season, is tourist :ymca:

the shredder

post-32273-051481700 1292817354.jpg

Of course you know your area, Shredward - there are not too many houses in Lake Lousie.

TaillyHo, you surprised me! You are from Hobart, Tasmania, and you have really been there?

Geez, Olham - just coz I live on an island doesn't mean I can't get off it! :grin:

Went to Canada back in '93 combining some research (for my never-completed PhD) and sightseeing.

Now I'll really knock your socks off and tell you I have actually been to Berlin too!

Aeroplanes, don't ya know - wonderful things! They tell me you can even get software to simulate flying planes right on your computer ....

Merry Christmas!!!!! :drinks:

Shredder, being an Ostfriese from the salty marshes by the North Sea, for me mountains

are rather something to look at from a safe distance. I was never one for climbing around

on them - going up, just for coming down again? I have that in OFF.

:grin:

(But yeah - beautiful they are!)

TaillyHo - I suppose that's what they call "global village"?

Merry Christmas to you both! :drinks: