Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Overall bug list for SF2

Guy's I iam not a moder, I have SF2,SF2v,SF2E,SF2I, exp_1 and exp_2 all combined, I had no issue's till I down loaded EXP_2, so many issue's I deleated it and reinstaled

it back to June 10. So I would have to say its not your mods!!!:good:

Not really an option though if you want the Exp2 features - did you install the latest patch? that fixed most of the issues - and the next patch should sort out the prop issues.

I believe this thread is about getting TW to change parts of the game to accommodate long standing problems with Mods that cant be fixed from this side - like trees through clouds for example - which would be fantastic!. Its more of a feature request though because as far as TK is concerned he only tests the stock games - which is fair enough.

Would be awesome if at some point TK created a base set of dlls with functions and features untouched by any further updates. Sort of legacy backup. This way even when his games switch to newer libraries with more/revised features older mods could get a few lines in their settings to enable legacy support and never get broken by later updates. Maybe even a few levels of that, with each following release creating a new set of fall-back libraries, so that one mod could use the features of one game and the other emulated the behaviour of an earlier release's engine. Unfortunately, I don't think TW engine can handle completely different libraries for different objects in a single run, or that TK keeps track of tweaks of each build for proper emulation of earlier releases. :dntknw:

I want completely new simulation engine backward compatible with current formats. With WOP/Apache Assault/HAWX level of graphics and sounds. Oh, and a cookie :tongue:

What would be awesome would be sort of real SDK kit. Open Plane rings any bells?

I want completely new simulation engine backward compatible with current formats. With WOP/Apache Assault/HAWX level of graphics and sounds. Oh, and a cookie :tongue:

What would be awesome would be sort of real SDK kit. Open Plane rings any bells?

You forgot that the new simulation needs to also be compatible with all future formats that haven't been invented yet!

Edited by malibu43

heres one main game related..... anyone else notice that with the mission editor, object years go out the window? Meteor F8 can go on an anti ship mission against CVA-63 or anti tank against T-72's all of which I am sure were not available in 1956! it's cool to place what you want but within a little reason here:yikes:

I think its just fine to not have those restrictions and shouldn't go in the list. More freedom and keeping things accurate only requires a bit of common sense. Besides, how else would you do a "final countdown" mission with tomcats going after zeroes?

I agree with eraser, I wouldn't bitch about having EXTRA capability at the users choice.

Also, if you know a fix is a temp fix (especially for 3rd party aircraft) it just means you have to take that fix out when the patch arrives.

Or, you could land the aircraft yourself...or just end the mission once back at home base. Seems a lot less intensive way to get around the problem until the fix is issued.

FC

Guy's I iam not a moder, I have SF2,SF2v,SF2E,SF2I, exp_1 and exp_2 all combined, I had no issue's till I down loaded EXP_2, so many issue's I deleated it and reinstaled

it back to June 10. So I would have to say its not your mods!!!:good:

I did apply the new patch and found that there were no exposions or smoke when hitting the fuel tanks or fuel trucks, and other issue's that did not make the game fun, TK did a good job SFV where at least you can combat some migs and bomb them as well. When the new patch come's out I will instal it and game it hard and will let you know. :good: I have no mods So it will be a good test.

When opening saved CAS missions, after opening it I get a "A-10 Fighter Sweep" added to the aircraft list, set on the RED side.