Hi everybody! I have this issue with SA-10/HQ-18 launcher included in MW Korea pack. Anyone can help?

Somethings screwed-up, big time. Looks as if someone's messed with the weapon's call out. In your installs groundobject folder, look for the SA-10L folder, and once inside, look for the SA-10L_data.ini.

Now, open the SA10L_data,ini with notepad, scroll down to the Launcher Tube entries. There should be 4 of them, numbered "[LauncherTube01]" through "[LauncherTube04]". Make sure that they all have this line: WeaponTypeName=SA-10

Next, check your weapons folder for the SA-10 folder (these contain the missile files). There has to be one in there in order for this to work. Inside that folder should be four files.

1)5V55K.bmp

2)5V55K.LOD

3)SA-10.ini

4)SA-10_data.ini

Let us know if any of them are missing.

Edited by Fubar512

Nothing is missing. The SA-10L_data.ini file is alright as far as I'm concerned

Something HAS to be missing, or misnamed for that to happen.

It looks like, the SA-10L (Launch vehicle) was copied to the Weapons folder, thus is used as the missile.

Instead it should be the SA-10 (missile) that would be copied to the weapons folder.

Being hit by a truck while you are flying at 10k feet may be surprising.

- TRUCK LAUNCH! TRUCK LAUNCH!

grin.gif

Being hit by a truck while you are flying at 10k feet may be surprising.

grin.gif

:lmao:

I had similar problem in SF1 using Fake Pilot metod but never with weapons. Check the name of the missile in weapons folder - if it's the same that the launcher, rename it - mean rename all names - folder, ini files, names in weapon ini files etc. Ofcourse change the name in launcher data.ini

Or rename the launcher - folder, ini file and maby lod file + lod file name in main ini file

Edited by Wraith27

talk about throwing everything at you, including the kitchen sink!! (or the plumbers truck!!)

:lol:

wrench

kevin stein

I'm still :lmao: over that one.

There's serious comic potential here for an 'Airplane' style cockpit sketch...

We have clearance Clarence.

Roger, Roger. What's our vector Victor?

That's Clarence Oveur. Over.

Huh?

Mack!!

Huh?

I'm still :lmao: over that one.

I am with you on that...

:lmao: :lmao:

Hell what do you fire at these things... to kill em... Air to Air with a Maverick Missile??? And imagine the Harm shoot call...

methusala methusala

because calling Magnum just isn't large enough... Roger over under...

heh good one :-)

to solve this problem check in your weapon editor what LOD is called for missile

it should be 5V55K.LOD. (If somebody made korean mutation of the SA-10 then check what missile

it sould use to find the right entry in editor - SA-10 is system which fire 5V55K missiles etc)

Monty CZ

Could somebody mod the Comm building on the launch rails?

Hmm... I didn't expected that it will be such a helluva fun for you guys.:lol: Anyway, the problem is fixed. I switched the weapon LOD with the one from SA-10B model. Works fine.

The dreaded Kamikaze-truck slingshot :grin:

All these jokes about shooting things other than missiles from the SAM launchers reminded me of the old Disney cartoon TailSpins. In it the Thembrians, which are a parody of the Soviet Union, drop pianos from their bombers and shoot bathtubs as AAA. When one of the Thembrian characters is ask why they don't use bombs he replied "Why, we're not at war." It has been twenty years since I have seen that show but those scenes and that line stick in my head for some reason.

Edited by KJakker

In it the Thembrians, which are a parody of the Soviet Union, drop pianos from their bombers and shoot bathtubs as AAA.

Those were the pigs, right?

Great parody, especially the short, stupid general with those thousands of medals. :D

Those were the pigs, right?

Great parody, especially the short, stupid general with those thousands of medals. :D

I had forgotten about the general's medals, and I think they were Warthogs actually (and not the kind tanks fear). :lol:

I had forgotten about the general's medals, and I think they were Warthogs actually (and not the kind tanks fear). :lol:

Someone actually aploaded a ton of TailSpin episodes to YT (but they're in german):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJBeSxpTU0

I'm just noting that the general (or his superior) has Brezhnev-lookalike eyebrows - and wants to constantly execute everyone. Also, the commander of the airforce got his post due to a typo and doesn't know how to fly a plane. :lol:

Funny how the perception of cartoons changes over time. As a kid, you're laughing about whacky characters doing whacky things and as an adult you're laughing about the cartoonized satire and social critique.

The linked episode e.g. deals with triggering a war to push ammo sales...

Someone actually aploaded a ton of TailSpin episodes to YT (but they're in german):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VvJBeSxpTU0

I'm just noting that the general (or his superior) has Brezhnev-lookalike eyebrows - and wants to constantly execute everyone. Also, the commander of the airforce got his post due to a typo and doesn't know how to fly a plane. :lol:

Funny how the perception of cartoons changes over time. As a kid, you're laughing about whacky characters doing whacky things and as an adult you're laughing about the cartoonized satire and social critique.

The linked episode e.g. deals with triggering a war to push ammo sales...

That is the episode I was remembering.