Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS UPDATED

Hihihi!! You just picked something, that was already in the sim, Hellshade.

You only never saw one, but there ARE working trains in P3 already there.

(Not sure though, if they are "begging to be attacked"?). :grin:

Edited by Olham

Nice little bit of Prose there Herr Olham!

(lets hope the train explodes!?)

jeez louise....where to even start? we asked for pix and got 'em.......these are very cool! love the knurling on the map rollers....and what that little thingie in the cockpit that looks like a pencil sharpener? thanks devs.....

I am back home now and have just gone through the new screenshots on my large monitor, and they are even more awesome. The detail is beyond amazing.

And I have to ask: Is that a vineyard I see on the hillside in screenie #38? I think it is.

french_smilie.gif

Très magnifique!

Hihihi!! You just picked something, that was already in the sim, Hellshade.

You only never saw one, but there ARE working trains in P3 already there.

(Not sure though, if they are "begging to be attacked"?). :grin:

Really? All this time and I have never seen a train in P3 and they are actually already in there? Hopefully in P4 they will make them run much, much more often. I am not the history expert many of you are, but weren't trains used regularly to transport troops and equipment around during WWI? I would think they would be running almost constantly transporting troops and supplies.

Hellshade

Yes, they were indeed transporting troops and material, Hellshade

Each and every German Jasta airfield is very close to a railway station.

Of course, the railway system may have been more dense compared to nowadays.

When you fly in Flanders, between Ypres in the north and St.Quentin in the south,

and you fly low enough to see white steam trails, you will find occasional trains.You should simply follow their tracks.

I have met 3 trains in two years - but I wasn't searching for them.

You can even attack and destroy them with rockets.

Edited by Olham

It's all pretty, but I'm a bit of an eccentric and the prettiest thing to me is the dirt on those clocks, maps, and instruments inside the cockpits. It has that lovely "used" look that exudes personality and immersion. One of my biggest gripes with other historical sims is that everything is just too damn pristine and shiny!

Really? All this time and I have never seen a train in P3 and they are actually already in there? Hopefully in P4 they will make them run much, much more often. I am not the history expert many of you are, but weren't trains used regularly to transport troops and equipment around during WWI? I would think they would be running almost constantly transporting troops and supplies.

Hellshade

look at this vid of catch22, hellshade :drinks: .

his and jammer28's vids i like to watch best because they have always a kind of story built in.

It's all pretty, but I'm a bit of an eccentric and the prettiest thing to me is the dirt on those clocks, maps, and instruments inside the cockpits. It has that lovely "used" look that exudes personality and immersion. One of my biggest gripes with other historical sims is that everything is just too damn pristine and shiny!

I agree totally Javito!...Although it's nice to see a pristine aircraft...I don't want my fighting machines to look like they spend most of their time being waxed and polished personally...there's a war on after all! :grin:

WEATHERING IS KING!!! :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Weathering is great when properly done, but one must be careful not do overdo it. Anybody who's ever been in the military knows that people there absolutely love to spend time polishing every single piece of equipment. Aircraft have always been expensive high-tech, so it makes sense that they are treated with even more respect than other equipment and that excessive dirt is removed ASAP.

look at this vid of catch22, hellshade .

his and jammer28's vids i like to watch best because they have always a kind of story built in.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=O9EtbUlTlfQ

Ah, great that you still had the link, Creaghorn!

And you are so right - this video's little story was made with so much love!

Thank you for bringing it up again!

There were both conditions in air war, I assume - clean, freshly painted aircraft on one hand, and then those which had to fly very many sorties in short time, and so looked more shabby.

But you're right, Hasse Wind - the military guys clean and polish a lot.

The pilots didn't have to -the ground crew did that part of the job.

Many types were not in use for more than half a year; so you wouldn't get too much weathering. Then there were the rotaries which exhausted burnt oil and ruined the painted canvas. Those craft's visual appearance must have "worn off" much faster.

Edited by Olham

I still can't believe that this is the CFS engine :yikes:.

My thoughts exactly.

Hellshade

Actually MS's CFS3 had working railroad trains, one of the early practices I did with my 'hybrid' OFF/CFS3 combo, was practice ground strafing with the Bristol F2b against the trains and truck convoys meandering around the airfield in QC. Trains don't kill easy and sometimes their boxcars and flatbeds carry defensive MG and AA, at least in CFS3.

We do not have a complete feature list yet, so I won't say a complete list at this stage apart from what has already been seen in the screenshots. Morane L is currently 2 seater version, but I can't say if other versions will be there yet - possibly.

We do not have many modellers (!) so there won't be dozens of new craft coming out all at once. So far we have shown new craft such as Gotha G.IV, HP O400, Snipe, Morane L, Aviatik, Rumpler. We also have one or two brand new replacement models of other craft (DH2 for example) not yet shown.

Replacing or updating dozens of cockpits is a big enough job for our tiny team (other sims have several times more people) and given the time needed to make a complete working craft in the sim apart from the externals there are obviously the associated other jobs from basic textures, cockpits, FMs, DMs, Squads in the manager and sometimes code to support them, squad skins etc as you know.

When we have things almost ready we'll be more prepared to say all the features :declare::grin:

These new screenshots are to give you a taste, they are not the whole picture, and are not intended to be!

I understand, and I really appreciate what you and the rest of the OFF crew are doing.

I mean the cockpits are intricately detailed works of art. so much time there alone. I'd love to contribute, but I have to honest with myself that my commitments to ArgonV and SDOE's FS-WWI is taking a big portion of my time. And though my aircraft, although up to some of the P3 standards in their exteriors, would need major interior reworking for P4. I'm sure it's more than a few little cut-n-pastes of your stock interior gear and other stuff, learning to set textures in a different renderer, and I'd like to be more involved in the complete import process.

The screenshots are totally gobsmacking. I just hope my new machine will be up to running this in a worthwhile manner.

I was not arround when the P3 screen shots were first comming out while everyone was flying in P2. But I immagine these shots will bring out as much, if not more, excitement for this sim.

Asstounding work gents! :clapping:

You have outdone yourselves again. Looking forward to this one would be an understatement!

OBD ROCKS.

There is a picture of 2 Alb DII over an airfield. The detail of the airfield is impressive.

I cant wait.

m

:salute:

The screenshots are totally gobsmacking. I just hope my new machine will be up to running this in a worthwhile manner.

Yea. OFF P4 constitutes approximately 53% of the reason I'm upgrading this summer.

Yea. OFF P4 constitutes approximately 53% of the reason I'm upgrading this summer.

Give me five, Javito - for me OFF P3 is 100% of the reason why I upgrade right now!

I just had another look through the new shots, and I realised there were rounds visible on the Triplane.

Man, I find it hard to wait for all the new detail.

In the picture No. 79 (cockpit of the Snipe?) are two brass zylinders flying through the foreground.

They don't look like cartridges; rather like something from the wiring? What are they?

In the picture No. 79 (cockpit of the Snipe?) are two brass zylinders flying through the foreground.

They don't look like cartridges; rather like something from the wiring? What are they?

Olham once again proving that the German attention to detail is second to none! :drinks::lol:

Hmmm - could be a compliment - could also mean, I'm a nit-picker... - hmmmm ... :prankster:

Hmmm - could be a compliment - could also mean, I'm a nit-picker... - hmmmm ... :prankster:

It was a compliment Olham my friend! (you should know me by now!) :grin: