Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Amy Winehouse... Dead

When they all died at 27 (don't forget Kurt Cobain as well, although he was a drug-induced suicide) due to drugs, it's natural to compare them.

Comparing them to people like John Lennon or Buddy Holly who died other ways or ages makes less sense.

I wonder if the music industry will do another "Amy Winehouse" or not cause her stardom was fabricated by the industry. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

I think there's already someone like that who goes by Ke$ha. That or give Miley Cyrus no more than two years before she becomes a cracked out mess.

Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janice Joplin may have died at the same age, under similar circumstances. BUT, it's been ~40 years since they died and everyone knows who they were and their music. 40 years from now, who will remember Amy Winehouse? The only mention of her will be in a list of musicians who died at 27.

RIP Amy....

Club 27 got a new member.

Edited by Soulfreak

A friend of mine posted this to me and in a way it makes a lot of sense infortunately he lost a couple of mates over there so he is jaded shall we say...

"Everyone Feeling Sorry For Amy Winehouse. Think About This. She Buys Some Heroin, Most Of The Heroin On The UK Streets Comes From Afghanistan, The Money From That Deal Goes To The Taliban, Which In Turn Pays For Bomb Parts And Bullets That Are Aimed For A Soldier. A Soldier Gets Killed And Leaves A Wife, Kids & Family Behind! Tell Me Now That You Feel Sorry For The Poor Girl That Had Everything!!!"

• Like 2

I agree 100% I just dont care.....

Dimebag Darrell, Randy Rhodes, and Dio all got there just tributes.

They deserved it and they didn't kill themselves by over indulgence. Hendrix as well. As for Winehouse, whatever. Great voice, total idiot who wasn't smart enuf to survive. I have a hard time feeling sympathy for someone who has been to rehab, was told of the dangers of that lifestyle yet still didn't heed the warnings. IMHO she's not a "legend" like I've seen posted elsewhere. She was a talented girl who was too stupid to navigate thru every day life like the rest of us. 'Cept she had money and fame which theoretically should have taken some stress off of her.

Start::

I have to ask who is she ?

Google is your friend sometimes. This is not one of those times. Let it go.

Club 27? The best break out running at 27. Ray Manzarak was 27 when The~DOORS started up.

Mark Foster (Foster The People) delivered pizza and at best did TV/commercial music until the AGE OF 27 he went from total unknown to No.1 (at least on Billboard's Alternative Songs chart) with just one title.

A friend of mine posted this to me and in a way it makes a lot of sense infortunately he lost a couple of mates over there so he is jaded shall we say...

"Everyone Feeling Sorry For Amy Winehouse. Think About This. She Buys Some Heroin, Most Of The Heroin On The UK Streets Comes From Afghanistan, The Money From That Deal Goes To The Taliban, Which In Turn Pays For Bomb Parts And Bullets That Are Aimed For A Soldier. A Soldier Gets Killed And Leaves A Wife, Kids & Family Behind! Tell Me Now That You Feel Sorry For The Poor Girl That Had Everything!!!"

Agree!

I just hope now that we won't realize thereafter that a wave of suicides has followed among brainless young people lacking a firm self-identity yet and living only through their idol - as it happened for the followers of many of the 27-year-old-ending stars quoted here.