Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ok Let's Start A Virtual "NATO"

Here's the tentative KB for the 366th.

post-5735-0-38296200-1322927478.jpg

Anytime Baby!

Kewl beans then! Though you'll find that the map isn't to scale, which sucks but hey gotta make do with what we have...

366th FW is now 16 a/c strong at Baghdad Int'l

Some pics of the deployment:

SF2-NAG 2011-12-03 10-09-40-72.jpg

SF2-NAG 2011-12-03 10-15-31-15.jpg

SF2-NAG 2011-12-03 10-26-10-61.jpg

SF2-NAG 2011-12-03 10-30-59-80.jpg

Edited by DWCAce

Err where did the Op Darius After Action thread go to... Take it was removed as it was barely used... damn and I just flew a great SEAD Recon Sortie... ho hum.

Okay as to the Iran stuff I am nearly through reading Iran Iraq War in the Air 1980-1988 and it is damn impressive from both sides of the coin. Okay do not get me wrong I do not support the Mullahs but what their Air Force went through most of the pilots getting slammed in jail or excecuted then reprieved to fight the Iraqi's is damn impressive. Also its seems as though in the Tanker war the Iranians took their time in targeting shipping where as the Iraqis pointed their birds at the ship fired and Exocet and went home without looking or seeing what they fired at ala USS Stark... anyhew impressive book. :drinks:

I'd post it in the regular AAR thread, just title "Op. Darius Mission Report" or something like that.

reccomend reading are the 2 Opsrey books ... on the Iranian Phantoms and Tomcats. Most interestering!

I'd post it in the regular AAR thread, just title "Op. Darius Mission Report" or something like that.

reccomend reading are the 2 Opsrey books ... on the Iranian Phantoms and Tomcats. Most interestering!

Got those 2 as well... and thanks... must admit I have tried the profiles the Iranians used a could of times with the NAG setup and damn it gets interesting and I can make it back about 75% of the time but it is damned hard work... :blink:

Just curious if this will be regenerated. It seemed the vNATO idea started well but this thread rolled off into just a OP DARIUS thread.

Just curious if this will be regenerated. It seemed the vNATO idea started well but this thread rolled off into just a OP DARIUS thread.

The vNATO is still around. Going to use for SF2:NA.

So this is just another "forgotten war"? Fair enough :good:

On another note I was wondering who was controlling the B-52s? I'd like to use them for some MALD supported missions. Was playing around with a mission yesterday using the Falconer II Subsonic Target (I think ChampionsVA56 offered it for his custom range) and they make great targets for missions. Dropped a bomb without even a lock on by threat SAMs (while they got shot down), nice.

Me and DCWAce are talking via Facebook on a mission idea, a downed UAV, and our squadrons are tasked out to find it. The problem is that we don't have a destroyed UAV (Global Hawk, Predator, Shadow, etc.) and was wondering if anybody has one?

Eric, i have a Maxfile of a Global Hawk somewhere around. No Mapping or anything else done. While i write this, i just came home from night shift. Let me take a cup of sleep and i could make a crashed model till this evening (local). :salute:

you can call the destroyed objects from their various cat through terrain _types and target ini callouts (including destroyed aircraft)

i'd suggest either the mustang or skyraider (if prop driven)

That's a good point Wrench but if Florian is going to go through the effort... :smile: Besides it could spawn into a "flyable" aircraft.

Eric, here is a downed Global Hawk. I made this as static ground object, so it´s selectable in the mission editor. But feel free to modify it to your needs! :good:

GlobalHawk.7z

post-2314-0-47535200-1323268787.jpg

• Like 1

Vielen Dank!

that's cool!!!!!

Wondering If is any interest in reviving something like this. I missed it last time and think it will be nice to have another round.