Sign in to follow this  
NeverEnough

SF2 November 2011 Update Available Now

Haha, tell that to some Delta flight crews I have to deal with...

lol - very good!

Post patch observations:

I found that the Hangar screen A/C now changes its "skin" when you change it on the in game A/C for the stock A/C anyway.

I saw an odd thing with #3 and #4 A/C in a 4-ship flight of Typhoons I launched, they taxied around in circles and never took off ? They did show up with after I used the Alt + N fast forward. This happened on another flight as well , with the stock A-10.

Different mission - On coming out of another Alt + N my F-15C was at 52Kft and climbing ? I was able to decend, but Auto didn't seem to want to, he was doing some kind of ASAT Space Command mission !

So I'm thinking of patching to this from the Oct'11.

Any note on downgraded gfx settings? Or is the below statement just cover some ini edits by TK to lower the settings?

* Some of the graphics details have been scaled down to improve

peformance and eliminate stutter.

I run with everything at unlimited and didn't notice a difference.

• Like 1

the changes are not notice-able to mid-upper GFX Cards... only the laptops that run the Intel GMA and things of the like (or really old Video Cards)

:dntknw:

I still have not understod if it worth or not

The point is that I ve taken the plunge and I installed all the SF2 series, including the expansions

Then I read threads like this, and I wonder "why have I just done it"?

So any advice on the patch level to apply? Not the best one, of course, rather the one that screws features less

if your just now buying SF2, then the downloaded installers are up to the latest patch level already.

I still have not understod if it worth or not

The point is that I ve taken the plunge and I installed all the SF2 series, including the expansions

Then I read threads like this, and I wonder "why have I just done it"?

So any advice on the patch level to apply? Not the best one, of course, rather the one that screws features less

I have stayed with the October patch.

I have stayed with the October patch.

my current installs are at Expansion pack 1 level... the good old clouds height makes difference

my current installs are at Expansion pack 1 level... the good old clouds height makes difference

Thank you:

Stsry, does that mean that I cannot use exp 2?

Thank you:

Stary, does that mean that I cannot use exp 2?

I see no reason not to, just currently I hold back with patching (and adding Exp2 for the matter) out of my own preferences and laziness :smile:

also I'm waiting for SF2NA to see how's it's gonna turn out regarding merged installs etc.

I consider having two installs of series2 (it is possible) one with exp1 level and another up to date

Gab if you're asking about my mods compatibility they are for and should be working best with up to date patched (oct/now2011) installs.

I decided when SF2:NA I am going to to a total new merged install in another directory then that way my Oct patch level will remain the same.

I never patched my NF4+ install past June 2010 I think for that very reason. However, all my other mods are in an up-to-date install, although TBH I've not had very much time in it at all since the latest patch.

Hang on: So i install the full monty up to exp two, patch it and then to add mods I must run an exe, and a folder is created int he saved game exe. In this folder I put the mods. If I want to do a dedicated install I copy the exe, rename it and run it and I will have a folder with same name, in the saved game folder, in which I can put my mod (for example, op darius, even a dedicated mod)So far so good, right?

Now if I make another install (for example SF2 patct OCT) and then I run the exe from this new install, where will the mods folder be? since the exe name is the same it will generate another folder...

ufff

rename the exe to say "SF2oct11" or your facourite mod name before running it for the first time

generally wise thing is to have all mods stuff in customly named (after their executables) folders be it specific installs like Op Darius or Falklands or generic "everything everywhere" installs

Edited by Stary

Thanks Stary, now it is clear. and yes your mods are a priority, without them SF series is useless; thank you again for them once more time

Edited by Canadair
  • Dislike 1