RAF_Louvert

OT: 2012 Is The Year I Do It

??? No, sorry - I don't ???

I thought that was the sketch to which you were referring, HPW. As it happens we do have a camera :wink2:

I haven't dared yet to weigh myself after the trip but fear the worst.

Anyway,Olham, here's some pics.

The weather was outstanding.

DSCN0612.jpg

and here's a shirt that I couldn't button up just after Christmas.

DSCN0602.jpg

Ah, the place where Casanova had too many affairs going - know what I mean? Wink, wink; nudge, nudge!

Guys, I had never seen that one - there must be still quite a few Pythons' sketches out there, which are new to me.

Tranquillo, you seem to have picked a good time - bright & sunny.

Your shirt looks okay on you there - did it still fit, when the holidays were over?

Today I did almost 10 Kilometers of jogging and - when the breath was missing - fast walking.

I want to get so far, that I can run that distance without walking-breaks.

I feel like crushed by a steam hammer, but - good!

After a conversation with Tranquillo earlier this week I realized it's been well over a month since I posted an update on my quest for 186. My weigh-in on Monday was a milestone as it saw me below 200 pounds for the first time in two decades.

Lou_2012_Wallpaper_005.jpg

Getting close now. If I can stay on track, by summer I should be there.

And Tranquillo my friend, I wish you all the best. Beautiful pictures of Venice by the way, and from the photo of you I'd say you don't need to be losing anymore ballast Sir. :good:

Lou,

I've got to say - well done man! You are an inspiration to many of us here. I too have tried to lose some weight this semester but, more importantly, I wanted to be healthier, not just skinnier. I'm happy to report this term has been a success. I'm about ten pounds lighter (still about 6 or 7 over where I want to be) but I've been cycling and working out more often and as a result, as I sit here near the end of the term, I am relaxed, rested, and not too worse for wear. Compare that with my last semester where I dragged myself, half dead, into Christmas break.

Great job and congratulations! I can only imagine how good it is to wake up and feel better!

Cheers!

The living proof, that successful performance chart curves must not always go up!

Congrats to that, Lou!

I realized it's been well over a month since I posted an update on my quest for 186.

I'm impressed. (And you look smashing in that uniform. That is you, isn't it?)

Great job guys :good: .

Your will power is impessive.

Have watched many people struggle with weight, it isnt easy.

Lou, Tranquillo, you don't give your height, 186lbs over a long frame

is pretty lean.

I'm 6ft 4in and 190lbs, if ever I'm unlucky enough to be in the hands

of doctors they invariably want me to put on a few pounds.

Underweight can be as problematic as overweight.

Go carefully and good luck with your targets.

I stand six foot, and 186 was what I weighed at my prime in the USAF. I looked my best and felt my best at that weight, so that is where I am headed to again, if all goes. I've not only lost a lot of weight already, but more importantly I've gotten back into a regular routine of exercise that combines walking, free weights, calisthenics, and isometrics.

Many thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement, they really do help a lot.

Congratulations, Lou, you are doing a fine job. You'll be able to fit into that EIII cockpit any day now!

Greetings All,

I just read a PM from Tranquillo, (who is doing outstandingly well BTW and thank God for that), and I realized that it's been nearly two months since I reported in on my weight loss program. Sooooooo, I stepped on the scale a day early just so I could post an up-to-date chart.

Lou_2012_Wallpaper_006.jpg

June was a tough month to maintain the diet as we had graduation parties and pot lucks to attend, but I have continued to dropped. Five pounds to go ... WOOO HOOO!

Lou

That's good going, Lou. Very well done. Even with having weight surgically removed I couldn't keep up with that, sir :good:.

I lost a helluva lot of weight for a bit, not surprisingly, but since surgery I've put some back on and, remarkably, stabilzed at the weight I was before all of that tiresome adventure started.

June was a tough month to maintain the diet as we had graduation parties and pot lucks to attend, but I have continued to dropped. Five pounds to go ... WOOO HOOO!

Lou

Congratulations Lou! That is truly outstanding progress that you have achieved so far. Only 5 pounds to go you say? I dare say if you took off some of those medals on your chest you might already be "there". grin.gif

As for me, my weight loss goals were far more modest than yours. Standing in at a towering 5'7", blink.gif I was tipping the balance at 157 pounds a few months ago. Great if it was all muscle and good looks. Sadly neither one was the primary cause. Taking up regular walking and working out, not to mention cutting out a lot of crap food I am now down to 137 which puts me well within my ideal weight on the BMI. I'll be 44 this August but it feels great to be literally back to my weight and waistline that I had during High School...back in whatever decade that was.

You have my sincere admiration but more importantly than that, you've probably earned yourself some more time here on earth sir. And that is something I believe we are all thankful for. Good show sir. Salute.gif

Hellshade

Tranq, that's good news from you! (Sorry, only saw it now; t'was posted when I was on leave).

Now if you make sure any weight is muscle rather than fat or water, you shall be a healthy "Blighter"!

Lou, be careful, man - it isn't known yet, what would happen, if your curve went below the chart grid!

Some say, you might get invisible, other, that you could turn into anti-matter!

However, I bet it was hard, but what a great success!

Thanks again everyone for your encouragement and kudos, I'm getting close now. Very close.

Tranquiilo, I hope your health and strength are still continuing to improve daily Sir. Let us know how you're doing.

Hellshade, good on you Sir for achieving your weight loss goals. And 44 years old, you say? I remember 44 as if it were only 13 years ago. :grin:

Olham, I had the same concerns about slipping off the bottom of the graph and out of this plane of existence, which is why I amended it before my weigh-in this AM just to be on the safe side:

Lou_2012_Wallpaper_007.jpg

Good idea, Lou - one never knows.

When I was in my hometown, my sister pointed on the living room of my soul (at least the Japanese say is there)

and said I needed to do something about that (seems my soul will have to make do with lesser space in future).

Now I have also lost 1 kg in the last 10 days, and am down to 86 kg.

With a height of 1,87 m I always thought that would be a healthy and good weight, but the 'livingroom' still has a bay.

Now, wouldn't it be cruel to take that bowfront completely away from her?

Hellshade, in my German Staffel, you would be a "Häschen" at that age.

Grow up, man! How old are you? 44? At that age I was already 50!

Very well done, Lou. You have my full admiration for your achievement - now hold it there.

Olham, Lou, I'm doing great thank you. 6 weeks out of surgery and I'm walking 4 miles a day, and my physio told me today that I can give cycling a go but, of course, taking it easy. I'm feeling stronger day after day. As you know,Lou, I've had an unofficial all-clear after the surgery but I meet with my surgeon again tomorrow and hope to get the official all-clear. That would mean no more treatment :drinks:

Hang in there, Lou, good work. The tough part (too tough, for me apparently) is keeping it off! Not to be discouraging, but just watch - you, too Hellshade! And tranquillo, gald to hear the good news for you! If I walked 4 miles a day, I'd better go 2 out and 2 back, or someone would have to carry me home!

Now if I can just get some inspiration to re-lose 40 lbs.... Sheesh.

Damn, I'll keep my fingers crossed and wish you that he will bring you the good news you hope for, Tranquillo!

All the best wishes to you from Berlin!

Hi there and congrats to RAF Lou,

And all who are on the program. As a Critical Care Paramedic ( just finished my training), I air transport ICU/CCU patients to a higher level of care. Naturally I read the charts of all, and have over the last 31 years, developed a keen insight into such health matters. Firstly genetics are ~ 70% of who you are. If one of your parents has a heart condition, your chances are about 70% you will too. GET CHECKED, at 50 years of age, for any family health care issues that might be headed your way. Of the 30 % you get to tweak, smoking makes up about 75 % of that. If you don't smoke, you only make it better in terms of quality of life. That 30% if you don't smoke, then becomes critical in such area's as diet, fitness, eating habits, etc. Rather than diets it may be better to think that you are changing your lifestyle. Fitness is another big component of of the whole thing, as just dieting will not get you there. At the end of the day, all of this may enable you to live longer, or maybe not. But, if you pursue this tact, then at least your quality of life will be better.

OK, I sound like a stick in the mud, but with my mother's father dead at 66, and my Dad, having a heart attack at 52, and me with teenage kids, I do want to stick around a couple more years( OFF 4 should be out by then :) ) and I do want to enjoy that. I take my Statin Rx daily, and Rx for GERD, and look to workout 3 x week, 6 times a week when I'm away from home.

So, great to hear that you OFFer's are motivated, and what a great job.

Cheers,

Britisheh

Hi there and congrats to RAF Lou,

And all who are on the program. As a Critical Care Paramedic ( just finished my training), I air transport ICU/CCU patients to a higher level of care. Naturally I read the charts of all, and have over the last 31 years, developed a keen insight into such health matters. Firstly genetics are ~ 70% of who you are. If one of your parents has a heart condition, your chances are about 70% you will too. GET CHECKED, at 50 years of age, for any family health care issues that might be headed your way. Of the 30 % you get to tweak, smoking makes up about 75 % of that. If you don't smoke, you only make it better in terms of quality of life. That 30% if you don't smoke, then becomes critical in such area's as diet, fitness, eating habits, etc. Rather than diets it may be better to think that you are changing your lifestyle. Fitness is another big component of of the whole thing, as just dieting will not get you there. At the end of the day, all of this may enable you to live longer, or maybe not. But, if you pursue this tact, then at least your quality of life will be better.

OK, I sound like a stick in the mud, but with my mother's father dead at 66, and my Dad, having a heart attack at 52, and me with teenage kids, I do want to stick around a couple more years( OFF 4 should be out by then :) ) and I do want to enjoy that. I take my Statin Rx daily, and Rx for GERD, and look to workout 3 x week, 6 times a week when I'm away from home.

So, great to hear that you OFFer's are motivated, and what a great job.

Cheers,

Britisheh

Very true but as far as I'm concerned you're preaching to the converted - I've studied and taught health and fitness for more than 18 years and my wife has practised Nutritional Medicine for 12 years. Unfortunately I stopped teaching as much a couple of years ago and my weight crept up because I didn't replace it with extra workouts. If I was found to have high cholesterol I would tackle it with diet (low-fat vegan) - I'd rather not have my Q10 compromised as I get older it's an extremely important Coenzyme. Having said that, the Statin/Cholesterol topic is controversial at best so maybe we should steer clear of it. Equally I understand how you must feel considering your background.

Top marks for your job - 3 people I know have, at some time, benefitted from your coleague's efforts :good: