Cool, Tomcat is finally out and with the hotfix I even have been able to shoot some missles... :drinks:

When enthusiasm gives way to reality again, (as always) one starts to think about what improvements might be at hand. (Without a new CAT-extractor this is still wishful thinking anyway...)

Here a list of my wishes/ideas:

- change music of Main screen to "Top Gun Theme", "Danger Zone" or "Final Countdown"-movie-theme

- change loading screen to some RL-photo of a VF-84-aircraft on the cat

- change pilots with enhanced pilots (squadron helmets)

- get improved addt'l squadron's a/c skins (VF-111 with sharkmouth, VF-114 with orange band, VF-1 with the wolf's head below the cockpit...) and add their pilots (helmets)

and in the longer run:

- get CVA-65

- get something like the Vietnam Expansion Pack, adding a compilation of the best goodies and taking the game up another notch

Any modder welcome to fulfill my dreams. :good::clapping:

What are you guys missing?

Making EA-6B, A-6E & E-2C flyable & high rez skins. :cool:

I hope many of the scripting features will be ported to the other games so I can use them in TSF. Crusie missiles, AI Roles and the ship task forces in particular would be awesome.

as for Turkey squadrons, are they not showing in the dropdown on the loading screen??? They are for me....

as for the pilots ... welll....they were all available, until I closed my site. Guess I'll have to find the archived zips ....gods only know where I put them

music and menus is lightweight stuff....

it's the terrain that needs a little help...have to figure out WHY we're getting NO land-attack mission in single missions. That's got ME bothered.... and of course, fixing both Red & Blue AD units....

JRL: they're already there. remember HOW SF2 works .... all mods folders see all cats and dlls, as they run off the exact same core files. Now, it's just a matter of experimentation, investigation, and modification

Edited by Wrench

Yeah, thanks Wrench - I also have the squadrons (with their colorful tails) but VF-111 would need sharkmouth too, VF-114 lacks the orange stripe around forward cockpit (like VF-84's black/yellow chevron-band), VF-1 doesn't have the wolf's head and red stripe below the cockpit.... Things/details like that...

Hum, just stumbled ober Baltika's Iceland Terrain - does/would that go with NA?:dntknw: Sounds like a great start....:drinks:

And SARCASM colors appear to add great realistic light to North Atlantic (from what can be seen in the Screenshots-area)...

all terrains work in NA just like they did before

Cool - I'll give it a try (although I am aware of all mods most certainly being smashed by hopefully soon released patches)...

Oh, btw: I DO already/still have a set of your pilot's helmets (at least the ones I'm fond of)...:drinks:

We need cat extractor ...

Than my wish should be porting task force groups in Vietnam etc.

Maybe we could upgrade something more (sea?)

JRL: they're already there. remember HOW SF2 works .... all mods folders see all cats and dlls, as they run off the exact same core files. Now, it's just a matter of experimentation, investigation, and modification

Yea, but the DLLs still need to be present. I want the new settings to be available to somebody who does not have SF2: NA installed. Most of the TSF Fan Crowd in the Swedish Flight Community only have Europe.

Edited by JonathanRL

Fist thing I'm going to do when the extractor is available is correct several of the squadron decals that are reflecting later markings(VF-14 and VF-211 specifically) or add a squadron decal where missing (VF-103's Slugger arrow.). Next, I'm going to make a generic early 80's gull grey low-vis skin and modify decals where necessary to create a low-viz set. VF-41 in this skin would use their Sukhoi Killers markings and VF-143 would not have the blue field on the tail for example.

Just some quick, non-work-intensive stuff for starters while the game is new and I want to enjoy it. I'll go crazy later.

one word: CAT extractor guys...

I think alot of us here will be shocked what's in the inis :blink:

one word: CAT extractor guys...

I think alot of us here will be shocked what's in the inis :blink:

You think we should keep a large number of defibrillators ready? :rofl:

definitely

Vietnam Expansion Pack, adding a compilation of the best goodies and taking the game up another notch

Oooh, an official Third Wire Expansion Pack for SF2:Vietnam would be nice with the F-111A as the star of the show and a re-instated A-6A.

- change loading screen to some RL-photo of a VF-84-aircraft on the cat

Like THIS one?

THIS ONE is also cool, though it is VF-41.

Hum, what exactly DO you expect...? :blink:

there's allways something interesting in the cats and inis

@ Blade: yup, cool - but I'd prefer the even older liveries (with the large insignia over the chevron-band)... I will certainly find sth. suitable... :grin:

(This would be great if it were VF-84 - I like the choppy waters; looks like chilly North Atlantic sea.)

@ Stary: hum, your post sounded somewhat negative as what to find in there........

Seems to me that the new naval warfare functionality is a match made in heaven for the Falklands/Malvinas mod. Can't wait to play around with it once the cat extractor comes out.

Seems to me that the new naval warfare functionality is a match made in heaven for the Falklands/Malvinas mod. Can't wait to play around with it once the cat extractor comes out.

get in line adn take a number :rofl:

• Like 1

Seriously, what is now mising for good and updated Malvinas mod? Vulcan maybe? and some Argentinian ships?

Monty CZ

• Like 1

So far my biggest wish is a way to open this terrain up in 3ds max and add trees/ objects.

CAT extractor tool. :drinks:

And then carrier vs carrier battles. Invincible vs Kiev :cool:

Another thing I'm gonna do when I can get a hold of the campaign files is change the carrier and CVW. VF-41 is cool, but I can't stand VF-84. I'll probably change it to the Ike with CVW-7 and fly with my beloved Pukin' Dogs of VF-143.