gerwin

SF2NA Iceland Classic TFD/HFD terrain

Hi just for the fun i tried to make this work in xp the error msg i receive is this "entry pointSH get known folder path could not be located in dynamic link library shell 32.dll." Is this due to a dx10 error or windows??

Thank You for any help!!

eh..

Read the readme file.

Glad you got it sorted out. It takes some tweaking to make it run nicely on XP.

Many thanks Gerwin!

I'm finally able to play Iceland campaign on my old XP station. Terrain looks nice and fit very well the thirdwire world. Keep up the good work!

Fastergekko

Thank you for this! Wish I had got it sooner. Runs a lot better, looks nicer too. Like what you did by adding the shrubs. Makes NOE flying much easier/more fun.

I'm sorry that TK's effort to make a new terrain engine didn't work out like we hoped, but you sir, have really saved the day with this great retrofit. Getting good framerates finally!

Hey gerwin

Nice work. I was thinking is there is any way to install your work in parrallel with the default iceland terrain?? (Too much fan of the fancy water).

I changed icelandna.ini and related files ' name to icelandna2.ini (and so on) and added the following line in it: CatFile= ..\IcelandNA\IcelandNA.cat

but it crashes when loading :(

Did rename the TFD and HFD to match the inis?? It's a must!

3 things MUST share the same name as the folder they reside in, "terrainname" is the example here:

terrainname/terrainname.ini

terrainname/terrainname.HFD

terrainname/terrainname.TFD

the rest of terrain's key .ini files can be as specified in terrainname.ini

Addendum:

If creating this as a seperate terrain, ie: renaming the main ini, HFD, and TFD, you must also add the cat reference line (sometimes refered as the 'cat reach-back or reach-around'), to reference the IcelandNA.cat

add this to them main ini, at the bottom of the top section that lists all the inis and such:

CatFile=..\IcelandNA\IcelandNA.cat

otherwise, there WILL be complications!

Edited by Wrench

thanks guys, it works like a charm doing this. I know have both default and grewin's terrains working.

UPDATE 5-9-2012:

- Now includes reworked textures:

50% Based on my original israelME based tiles,

50% Based on Stary's high-res tileset for this terrain (v0.9 of 14.11.2011).

with some adjustments

- Now includes Stary's excellent terrain TOD set (trees and geysers).

- Now includes some toned-down textures for the Iceland buildings.

- Now includes files to run this terrain on any SF1 or SF2 game.

For Download location see the first post of this topic.

(Stary's package is located here:

http://combatace.com...24-tileset-v10/ )

post-32175-0-91095900-1346798476_thumb.jpg

post-32175-0-29318900-1346798525_thumb.jpg

looks better with the 50/50 blending

Looks pretty nice! BTW, Stary your new textures won´t fit to the stock SF2 NA terrain right?

nope, different way the new terrain engine uses textures, of course they can be used but wouldn't look good IMO

looks better with the 50/50 blending

Glad you think so!

Sorry I do not have it in an optional higher resolution. I wasn't really planning on making this release, it just started as an experiment.

Here are the things I did, for as far as I remember:

- 50/50 blend as mentioned already. Including the water, which now retains the darker spots on sea2.

- snow tiles did not align seemless to eachother, so I repainted the edges.

- Reintroduced the snow with rock patches, as I had earlier placed these tiles on specific places such as mountain tops.

- the lowland green texture: I reduced the rocks on this particular tile, to give contrast to the more rough hills.

- I removed the small lake from one of the tiles, as it was often was showing on ridges, while gravity would not allow water to show like this. ;)

low resolution doesn't bother me Gerwin much, as for those specific tiles... well I noticed your comments in _data.ini after releasing this set :oops:

I made some own custom tiles with IMO nicer snow (based on Starys as well) which I did some heightmaps for. I can upload them here if there's any interest in tinkering with them.

Hi, sorry I'm new here.... I have read everything written in the readme, I did so, but I still can't make this working. I made copy of ini and exe, the mod dir has been created, I copied all the stuff there, copied lines to the ini too. whatever I do, when I load IslandNA map, all the game 3D gets completely messed up, nothing I can see just corrupted meshes mixed up and lagging terribly. I did change forcedx9=true even though the note did not say so. Nothing helped. What the hell is going on??

Edited by Snailman

Problem solved... WELL, maybe it is not so obvious for everyone that the files should not be placed in

blablabla.../Terrains

but into

blablabla.../Terrains/IcelandNA

which you have to create yourself before unrar.

This terrain is a godsend. :biggrin: Much better than the stock Iceland terrain. Makes A-7 campaigns playable now.

Great Work! :good:

I started to redo the Airfields. They look a bit underpopulated out of the box! ;-)

• Like 1

Carlo, could you be so kind to retexture the extra buildings to fit the terrain too? Yeah, piling the work (runs away)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..