Which models do you want or need first?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Surface combatants

• USN: Arleigh Burke FltIIA class Aegis destroyer, San Antonio class LPD
    • USN / Taiwan: Kidd class / Kee Lung class destroyer
    • JMSDF: Abukuma, Hatsuyuki, Asagiri, Murasame, Atago, Hyuga
    • Russia: Sovremenny class destroyer, Ka-25 ASW helicopter
    • Royal Navy: Type 45 Daring class destroyer, Albion class LPD
    • PLAN: Jianghu frigate variants, Luda class destroyer, Type 052C class frigate
    • Submarines: Los Angeles, Virginia, Seawolf, Akula, maybe even SSBNs
    • Ground vehicles: Type 90 MBT, M1A2 TUSK, Smerch rocket launcher, etc.
  2. 2. Aircraft carriers

• Wasp class LHD
    • Kuznetsov (Russia) and Shi Lang (PLAN, ex-Varyag)
    • Charles de Gaulle (France)

WBS,

Impresive work as always.

Thanks, krfrge.

Kang Ding is almost done. Still need to do decals and a ship-launched Hsiung Feng II missile.

post-33721-0-67761200-1426772011_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-62170400-1426772014_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The Kang Ding is uploaded and awaiting approval. We now have all of Taiwan's major surface combatants available for the sim.

post-33721-0-90306600-1426866306_thumb.jpg

Here is a close-up of the new Hsiung Feng II missile, on its way to meet a friend.

post-33721-0-19227600-1426866486_thumb.jpg

I made two versions, ship-launched (with booster) and air-launched (without booster). Both are included in the package.

I also posted an update for the La Fayette. There were a couple of typos in the data file, causing the ship to run out of missiles too early. You can either download the new version or just edit the data.ini manually as described in the support topic. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• Like 4

I just finished this new 40mm Bofors. Taiwan uses them on the Kang Ding and Cheng Kung (locally-build O.H. Perry frigates). I don't know of any other navies that use this mount.

attachicon.gifKangDing_WIP02.jpg

I did a little looking around and this is apparently called a 350PX. Most likely it is a variant of the Bofors SAK 40/L70-350 mount.

I also found this info...

http://blair-military.blogspot.com/2011/03/l70-bofors-40mm.html

and these similar 40mm mounts on a Brazilian patrol boat...

http://www.brasilemdefesa.com/2013/08/classe-grajau.html

NPa-Grauna.jpg

...and these mounts on some Chilean boats.

1024px-thumbnail.jpg

plus this 40mm /L70 Mod.1958 single mount.

post-56847-0-15009000-1426991715.jpg

Thanks for finding that page, KJakker. I had based the gun performance on the Model 1958, since it was the closest thing I could find. I've adjusted the rate of fire, train, and elevation according to the listed info. The source you linked says 48 rounds of ready ammunition, but nothing about total capacity. I'll assume 480 rounds total, which is close to similar sized 40mm turrets. 

I'll upload the new version in a moment, but you can just grab this hotfix instead if it's more convenient.

KangDing hotfix.rar

• Like 2

Really like your style with ships sam m8  really nice ships

Thanks, russouk2004! I'm really looking forward to your modernized J-7, by the way. No campaign set near China is complete without that plane.

I've just updated the AV-8B Harrier II Plus (2010) package. Nengajyou made some new skins and decals, so the package covers pretty much the entire USMC inventory, including the CAG birds. Please download it when you get the chance.

post-33721-0-23505000-1428049664_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-77756800-1428049670_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-08344100-1428049677_thumb.jpg

I'm working on a request from a while back, the Newport class LST:

post-33721-0-65469600-1428049678.jpg

It's... not a pretty ship. But it was a fairly important one. The Newports were a contemporary of the Iwo Jima class that colmack is working on, and will fit well into any cold war scenario. Furthermore, they were sold off to other countries (including Taiwan, Spain, and Australia) after the USN decommissioned them, and many of them are still in service.This will allow amphibious task groups to be set up for those countries in SF2.

• Like 7

Looking forward to the Newport!

I love your ships!

To round off the far east theater, how would you feel about making some DPRK scrap metal ships?

Najin class light frigate, with and without retrofitted CSSN1 launchersw

1280px-North_Korean_Navy_corvette.jpg

f0060489_48b2408bbf344.jpg

Tral class gun corvette/ minesweeper

North_Korean_Navy_ship.jpg

f0060489_48b2408a4bef8.jpg

This site has a lot of profiles complete with dimensions

http://egloos.zum.com/mig29/v/747508

• Like 1

Beautiful work as usual.Not to dump more on your plate but do you have any plans on modifyvng this to the Australian assault ship conversion? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Manoora_(L_52)

Yeah, I can do that. It will take about another week to make the modifications, so I may just release the Newport first and have the Kanimbla class in a separate package.

To round off the far east theater, how would you feel about making some DPRK scrap metal ships?

Yes, I'll be making some of those. I'll be able to borrow the guns and radar from the Riga, which will save time. Looking at the layout, I'm pretty sure that the Nanjin will blow itself up half the time when launching its Silkworms. 

I also have plans for South Korea's UlsanKDX-I, KDX-II, and KDX-III

• Like 2

Nice. Those ROK ships look to be pretty awesome ships. I guess with the crazies next door you want to pack a punch.

BTW a dedicated OSA class would be pretty cool too, I guess we only have one based on the A-team here.

• Like 1

Almost done. I just need to do the low-poly lods, collision mesh, decals, and ship name/date lists.

post-33721-0-35319500-1428756152_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-50947700-1428756154_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

WBS you rock!

and nice you fix things I wanted to point out, namely the too good (pristine?) conditions of them hulls, a bit of decaling of rust and water environment in general on them looks better IMO

The Newport is being uploaded now. This ship will allow six more countries to have amphibious task groups in SF2 starting in the mid-1990s (plus more variety for the USN).

WBS you rock!

and nice you fix things I wanted to point out, namely the too good (pristine?) conditions of them hulls, a bit of decaling of rust and water environment in general on them looks better IMO

Thanks. I'm still not very confident about rust, weathering and stuff. When I'm spraying down a layer of rust and dirt in gimp, I think "this is too much." But it doesn't look as severe in-game. Must be the lighting? Anyway, since this is an older ship, I tried to make it look more weather-beaten.

post-33721-0-63362700-1428820160_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-14822800-1428820163_thumb.jpg

Love the boats!! hey WBS i might suggest have float pontoons strapped too the side to I seen a a few photos like that GO GATOR NAVY!!

I was thinking to add those, but I ran out of room on the texture sheet, and out of time/patience. Maybe in some future update.

• Like 6

Lovely! I must say that thanks to your efforts WBS, SF2 now has one of the largest and most comprehensive libraries of cold war and modern naval assets!

EDIT: Ps. When/if doing the DPRK vessels, go all out on the rust :)

Hello Samurai,

Is there any chance you can model both the Spurance/Kidd Class Destroyers, I hope so

Cheers Mike G

There was a small oversight with the Newport class-- I forgot to delete the lines I use to align the railings before I exported the model, so it created some graphical glitches. The fixed version is now uploaded. Once again, to anyone who already downloaded it, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. And thanks to the community for catching bugs so quickly.

One of these days, maybe I'll actually get a release right 100% on the first try!

Lovely! I must say that thanks to your efforts WBS, SF2 now has one of the largest and most comprehensive libraries of cold war and modern naval assets!

EDIT: Ps. When/if doing the DPRK vessels, go all out on the rust :)

Rust? On the Glorious Leader's pristine and ultra-modern armada? Inconceivable!  :biggrin:

Hello Samurai,

Is there any chance you can model both the Spurance/Kidd Class Destroyers, I hope so

Cheers Mike G

Yep. The Kidd class is here.

That model started out as a Spruance, but I cancelled the project years ago when I found out that SF2: North Atlantic already included a Spruance, and so I turned it into a Kidd class instead. 

I have plans to modify the model back into a Spruance so that I can create the final versions of that ship (with Tomahawk box launchers, RAM, ASROC VLS, etc.) The remodeling would be simple enough to do, but I do not look forward to trying to find refit dates for each ship, and reworking the namelist.ini files for the stock Spruances.

• Like 3