Gotta love playing at 15 Frames/sec on a $3000 machine.... and i when I try to roll, Its like I'm in a Star Wars Space Fighter spinning at 1440 degrees/sec.

16 A-4C's armed with 6 Mk82's each attacked a battlegroup made up of Kiev, a Kashin, and 2 Krivak's scoring damage to Kiev for no losses. Second test 16 A-7E with the "StrikeNaval_76" loadout attacked a CVBG composed of Kiev, 3 Kashin class DD's, 3 Krivak I class FFG's, and 3 Krivak II class FFG's sinking Kiev and a Krivak with Walleyes for the lose of one A-7. I could understand slightly reducing the terminal stage effectiveness but this is just gutting the SAM threat.

Has anyone started a thread about SAMs at TW? If not, I will.

I hadn't much of a chance to play since the June patch, but I thought I'd check out this SAM thing for myself this morning. Flight of 8 A-7E's up against the Keiv Battle Group. From the IP and on, my RWR was lit up and singing loudly. We flew straight and level from the IP over the battle group at ~ 2500' and maybe 450 kts. Then we just circled over the battle group trying higher and lower altitudes. I counted 32(!) SAM's in the mission log! We had one A-7 that was damaged (probably by AAA). That was it. Not a single hit.

Then I tried it again, in case it was some weird fluke, but I got the same results.

Then, I took and F-4E over Hanoi in 1971. I had two SA-2C's fired at me and they both missed. The third (SA-2F) nailed me. Again, just cruising straight and level.

So I wonder if it's an issue with the Naval SAM's only, or if it's SAM's across the board...? My very limited test seems to indicate that the SA-2's worked as I would have expected...

Has anyone started a thread about SAMs at TW? If not, I will.

I hadn't much of a chance to play since the June patch, but I thought I'd check out this SAM thing for myself this morning. Flight of 8 A-7E's up against the Keiv Battle Group. From the IP and on, my RWR was lit up and singing loudly. We flew straight and level from the IP over the battle group at ~ 2500' and maybe 450 kts. Then we just circled over the battle group trying higher and lower altitudes. I counted 32(!) SAM's in the mission log! We had one A-7 that was damaged (probably by AAA). That was it. Not a single hit.

Then I tried it again, in case it was some weird fluke, but I got the same results.

Then, I took and F-4E over Hanoi in 1971. I had two SA-2C's fired at me and they both missed. The third (SA-2F) nailed me. Again, just cruising straight and level.

So I wonder if it's an issue with the Naval SAM's only, or if it's SAM's across the board...? My very limited test seems to indicate that the SA-2's worked as I would have expected...

Thread started here: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9251

Hmmm. I'm not seeing any problem with my 60's planes at all with the latest patch. However, I did skip the previous patch that supposedly introduced that. I went from April to June in one step.

Still, that doesn't explain why a fresh install with the latest installers starting out at June would experience this.

Are there any other common points? For instance, I have an i7 CPU and a GTX570. Is it people with AMD video getting this? AMD CPUs? AMD CPU + nvidia? Intel CPU + AMD video?

Are there any other common points? For instance, I have an i7 CPU and a GTX570. Is it people with AMD video getting this? AMD CPUs? AMD CPU + nvidia? Intel CPU + AMD video?

It seems mixed, AMD and NVIDIA users.

Well my mates visiting on Friday and he's bringing up his GTX 480 for me to try. Currently on a ATi 6970 so i'll let you know if it makes a difference.

Hmmm. I'm not seeing any problem with my 60's planes at all with the latest patch. However, I did skip the previous patch that supposedly introduced that. I went from April to June in one step.

Still, that doesn't explain why a fresh install with the latest installers starting out at June would experience this.

I got stutters but I think its just my old card. 8800GTX 768MB and I got an intel 3.0 cpu.

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, I'm currently using a crappy '09 laptop (built-in Intel graphics, Intel 2.26Ghz i3 etc) with June '12 patch on SF2:Europe and have no stuttering. I'll see tomorrow whether my i7 4.6ghz GTX580 computer has any stutter issues when I get back to update it to June '12.

well not sure about this but i hear the wind sound when flying at mach 1.0 alt 8000ft , nice move by TK

Edited by Teras

Busted.... so your one of the IntelGMA i want everything to run on my ancient system people... lol... j/k.

LOL, it's all MY fault!!!!! It runs surprisingly well TBH with everything at medium but as expected it looks absolutely terrible! :grin:

Pffft...you guys are just too fast.

Got the stock SF2V running on a Dell Mini 9 with the Intel Atom 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB DDR2 RAM, and the Intel 945 Express Graphics Chipset.

The funny thing is...the settings aren't even on all low. It actually looks pretty good and runs decently fast...I'm kind of surprised. I'm not sure why...I could swear the last time I loaded it on this machine it either ran badly or looked like crap.

But then again, the last time it was on this machine, it was running WinXP, not Win8.

FC

WinXP = DX9 only.

SF2 runs nicer with DX10/11 Vista/7/8, always has.

If anyone has the april and may versions of weapondata.ini and the data.ini files for the Kiev and other soviet warships would you mind sending them to me?

Since there's no response from TK about the SAMs (but he did respond about DayZ and Kickstarter... several times...) I'm going to have a look for myself.

WinXP = DX9 only.

SF2 runs nicer with DX10/11 Vista/7/8, always has.

Intel Atom laptops run better on Win8 But i doubt the GPU is DX10 since it came with WindowsXP and in some cases Windows CE.

If anyone has the april and may versions of weapondata.ini and the data.ini files for the Kiev and other soviet warships would you mind sending them to me?

Since there's no response from TK about the SAMs (but he did respond about DayZ and Kickstarter... several times...) I'm going to have a look for myself.

i can install back to base level of SF2, Sf2V, SF2E, SF2I, SF2Exp1, SF2Exp2, But i dont know if i still have the Cat Extractor for that level anymore (forgot to save those)

Intel Atom laptops run better on Win8 But i doubt the GPU is DX10 since it came with WindowsXP and in some cases Windows CE.

i can install back to base level of SF2, Sf2V, SF2E, SF2I, SF2Exp1, SF2Exp2, But i dont know if i still have the Cat Extractor for that level anymore (forgot to save those)

Thanks. I found that I still had the April 2012 weapondata.ini. The only change between the two was upping the countermeasure rejection for two of the AIM-7's; no changes to any SAM's. So no dice there.

So if anyone was the data.ini for the warships, I can check those to see if anything changed with the radar abilities. If not, then it's a code change and we're at TK's mercy...

Thanks. I found that I still had the April 2012 weapondata.ini. The only change between the two was upping the countermeasure rejection for two of the AIM-7's; no changes to any SAM's. So no dice there.

So if anyone was the data.ini for the warships, I can check those to see if anything changed with the radar abilities. If not, then it's a code change and we're at TK's mercy...

Thanks, pureblue, for the files.

No changes to be found. Looks like we're at TK's mercy to fix the naval SAMs.

I believe there are some parts of DX10 that will run without a DX10-capable GPU. You're not truly running DX10, but you get some benefits.

The only way to know for sure would be to benchmark SF2 on a system running XP w/DX9 card and then upgrade it to Vista/7 and run it again without a h/w change. Obviously if the system had a DX10/11 card even on XP the numbers would have less meaning.

I believe there are some parts of DX10 that will run without a DX10-capable GPU. You're not truly running DX10, but you get some benefits.

The only way to know for sure would be to benchmark SF2 on a system running XP w/DX9 card and then upgrade it to Vista/7 and run it again without a h/w change. Obviously if the system had a DX10/11 card even on XP the numbers would have less meaning.

In effect I have done this.

I was running XP Pro with the Nov11 patch and changed over to Win7 Ultimate 64. Frame rates went from mid-low 20's with settings mostly high with some medium to 40-50's with things set to unlimited.

Starting with the May12 patch frame rates started coming back down, I only noticed the stutter while over Iceland. With the Jun patch the stutter has been introduced to the other maps and I've gone back to the Apr12 patch level.

I'm fed up with patches which are mostly new feature implementation and being the damned beta tester for those features while real bugs linger on and on. :angry2:

Edited by Z09SS