It wasn't the hit rate - it was the damage being done to bombers from missiles - look at this shot:

gallery_8064_327_42078.jpg

17 missiles hit the Tu-16s (all flying straight and level with no expendables) but not a single bomber was brought down!

Edited by MigBuster

What setting are you playing at? Hard?

What setting are you playing at? Hard?

Yes I was - the new patch seems to have sorted this out though - so not a problem. :good:

well good enough for me. thank you for the eval MigBuster. without much other noticed complaints so far i tink i'll patch. and have to adjust my squadronlist ini again!!!!!

* Player pilot can no longer be killed separately from the

aircraft, player is killed only when the aircraft is

destroyed.

* Damage from player missiles has been increased.

can't say I like this, seems like TW is going down the simplicity way of things

See for me these not that rare occasions when I as pilot was killed by AAA or bandit on my six were actually adding to the believability of the game, same for missiles but I haven't played May patch much so can't have my opinion on that

edit:

what Streak says in his opening post from linked Thirdwire board... mobile games anyone?:this:

Edited by Stary

I am using a combination of modded weapons packs with the April patch level and I have no problems with missile effectiveness. However this stutter issue with the May/ June patches is unacceptable in my opinion.

I flew Tomcat several times after the june patch, armed with 6 Sparrows and almost always get about 5 kills. Almost becouse when flying Iranian AliCat against USAF Phantoms or Falcons get only 1/6 max 2/6. Countermeasures, Jammers dependence?

I don't like simplifications in hard mode couse it's a short way to 'arcade-sim', not lite.

Edited by Kulbit80

A simple trick I've noticed is to simply NOT install the June '12 patch WEAPONDATA.INI file. I had my March edition file to hand and simply threw it into the mix after updating ti the latest patch. That way I've got all air to air missiles exactly the way they should be.

I mean; if they're working OK, why replace them?? :dntknw:

and all who preached backing up just slapped themselves :grin: guess theres a reason to keep them files

However this stutter issue with the May/ June patches is unacceptable in my opinion.

And still TK does not comment on it....

The last two patches are dead for me, because of this issue.

I also hate to see the weapons getting player specific cheats.

Edited by PureBlue

can't say I like this, seems like TW is going down the simplicity way of things

See for me these not that rare occasions when I as pilot was killed by AAA or bandit on my six were actually adding to the believability of the game, same for missiles but I haven't played May patch much so can't have my opinion on that

Nothing really changed, this ghost issue is one of the weirdest ever in SF2...

Man some of you are way too doom and gloom. I dont have any missile issues. I use all 3rd party AIM-9's, AIM-7's, AIM-54's, bombs you name it. If I use any stock its just the lod but it has my own data.ini. Also my studder issue is gone now too. Who knows...

Good point Dave, I have custom weapons too, that's probably one reason I noticed no difference before and after...

Case in point, last night I, I jumped a flight of TU-16's and got 3 of them.

* Player pilot can no longer be killed separately from the

aircraft, player is killed only when the aircraft is

destroyed.

I'm not sure why folks have an issue with this...

It used to be that you'd take a hit, land back at your base, and get a 'you died' message... I was of the assumption that this was fixed with this patch.

FC

Well, I skipped May and went right to June albeit with some trepidation. No issues so far for me, no studders with any aviation60 planes I can see. Missiles seem fine, 3rd party and stock. :dntknw:

Man some of you are way too doom and gloom. I dont have any missile issues. I use all 3rd party AIM-9's, AIM-7's, AIM-54's, bombs you name it. If I use any stock its just the lod but it has my own data.ini. Also my studder issue is gone now too. Who knows

Thing is, I was using third-party weapons on normal settings, now weapons on normal are magic lasers, on hard, meh, OK I guess, but still some 1 hit, 2 kills.:dunno:

Is it possible to patch the sim without having to reinstall all of my mods?

my variation on the old trick: rename your mod folder with an x in the front. then after patching copy all files but the version.ini back into your mod folder. EXCEPTION being..... check the filechange.list to see what changed and what you may have to adjust.

just noticed this...

are the 14A and 14A_77 missing their afterbruners emmiters??? (and no, the emitter for the TMF one isn't conflicting)

just noticed this...

are the 14A and 14A_77 missing their afterbruners emmiters??? (and no, the emitter for the TMF one isn't conflicting)

Been flying the latter tonight with no problems.

run from each exe, full-5 merged...

no AB emitter on Kittys...

I have burners too.

clean pure as virgin (khe,khe,khe) SF2 Europe install June 2012 (downloaded yesterday from TW site)

click Single Mission -freeze

click Campaign -freeze

click Instant Action -freeze

click Options/Pilot -works

:blink: