well if its a realism mod, it would be nice for all the historical NATO units to join the party as one example( i do primarily fly in game in Europe dontchya know)

and thank you Dave but my squadronlist would be mostly for SF2:Phantoms!(soon with greek, turkish and complete USN/USMC listings!) :grin:

and finally malibu43, though i did it in my readme, again much thanks for your Maverick loadout for the A-10's. it also works on Phantoms and is much more historical due to wieght/drag concerns. and isn't that the point of this all?

Edited by daddyairplanes

Ah... I see (see, I told you I don't know anything about skins!). But my other question/comment still stands - I would try to at least have one squadronlist.ini that can be used in all titles (or merged titles). And then the theater specific ones could be optional.

I'm excited about this mod. This series has needed something like this for a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time. I hope we don't screw it up! :grin:

Dave - If some of my contributions are already in the download section, want me to just link them in this thread?

Would you upload them here in the normal install file format? That way we can build off it from there?

• Like 1

well if its a realism mod, it would be nice for all the historical NATO units to join the party as one example( i do primarily fly in game in Europe dontchya know)

dunno, this way we go straight into 6+ GB NF type install, I think primary this realism mod should focus on ini files tweaks..?

my terrains are as Real World ™ as the engine allows; therefore, need no further "adjustments"

:rofl::grin:

• Like 2

true Kevin (how's at Weyland? Payin' good?:rofl: ) but you did some additional targeting to stock maps that possibly could be included, like for IsraelME, but I think those require additional terrain objects etc

dunno, this way we go straight into 6+ GB NF type install, I think primary this realism mod should focus on ini files tweaks..?

Yep we can have at the most a weapons pack as the biggest addition. Which I am going to put together and run through Crusader for QA.

For the weapons ini edits....do you think we should set them up year specific for the later year aircraft? Like the A-6E, A-7E, A-10, F-15 etc?

Don't think so to be honest, that would make us dwell into ever possible subvariant -which leads to adding another and another ->6GB compilation :dntknw:

As to the weapons pack is there going to be one that is advised to use just so I know as I am playing around with the loadouts for the Scooters as I am working with the data I have for the B Model?

If so are we going to stick to standard naming for the weapons ?

What about "real" sounds for the aircrafts?

F.e. the A-10 engine & the cannon

I agree about the weapons. Keep to major variants, along with blocks if they have something to add to gameplay. I welcome this, as it will keep my combing the existing weapons folder to a minimum whenever I add a new mod. We should also (as a community) cover down on the best LODs and weapon skins while we're at it. It may increase the download size, but these are things that will allow consistency and standardization and reduce the download size of future addons that use the pack.

On the topic of squadronlist, right now I'm up to 476 on my version for the A-6 superpack (I just added VA-304 last night, and added VAQ-33 for grins and giggles). I think we can safely expand this to 900 or so without cramping anybody's style or need for expansion (this will still allow 99 squadrons on the back end, and still allows TK to add another forty-some squadrons). Due to the size potential (decals for every custom entry for each aircraft type), this could become a huge download. I think we should have the initial squadronlist.ini and decals included in the realism pack, and release a new update of the squadronlist separate from the realism pack when there is a patch or somebody needs to add a new squadron.

Here's just my idea:

Core Realism Mod: Stuff that spans across all the sims without any issues, the major INI edits, effects, weapons(?), etc

Realism Aircraft Expansion (Variants for each sim?): Updated aircraft, textures

Realism Ground Expansion (Variants?): Updated terrains, ground objects

Or, Core Mod + SF2 Realism Expansion/SF2:E Realism Expansion/SF2:I Realism Expansion

The idea is to create simple to install packages the are not too big. Dividing it into modules makes it both easier for people to install and easier to organize. Make a master file list and version numbers so things can be kept in line across the board, so one pack doesn't interfere with another.

Just my 2 cents.

true on the 6 GB download bringing everyone to the party.... maybe just add squadrons for those with stock skins but no unit representation(like the Danes esp. with F-100D and F-104G). US units would be nice but era presents a problem(7th FBS, 7th TFS, 7th FS etc.)

daddyairplanes brings up a good point with the changing of unit designations. I think we should treat the squadronlist.ini as a database in the sense that we get just one entry per squadron in the database. For example, we know that the VF-84 Jolly Rogers decommissioned, and the VF-103 Sluggers became the VF-103 Jolly Rogers, then became the VFA-103 Jolly Rogers. We should keep one entry as the VF-103 Sluggers, but we can update the art to the skull and crossbones accordingly based on skins and aircraft variant/service life. We could even implement period folders akin to my suggestion to TK, though without requested code modification we would need to add them manually to the aircraft. That said, this is very doable and requires very little work to maintain if done properly. For example, if someone wants to do the VF-103 Jolly Rogers tomcat, he could create a 1991 folder (when they switched over) and add the level 1 decals that end in 133 (the entry for VF-103). Likewise, someone who does the F/A-18F and wants to do the Jolly Roger details, could add a 2005 folder and do the same thing. Just have the decals.ini files call the appropriate date folder and we're good with period markings.

I also like Grinch's idea a lot. This way, a patch doesn't require full coordination of everybody, but rather just the people in charge of their sphere of influence (datafiles, aircraft, ground units). I would even say to add the squadronlist as a fourth entry into the downloads just because due to its potential for dynamic expansion we want it to be a smaller download and also not require the attention of the team dealing with more stable datafiles.

Edited by HomeFries

we have two excellent sound pack, one is voicepack by Renegade the other fx pack by Brennus:

http://combatace.com/files/file/11855-sfg1wmspeechrar/

and

http://combatace.com/files/file/12887-strike-fighters-2-sounds/

this combined with Crusader's avionics tweaks, weapons edits should do fine

I think dividing it by sim is a good idea but all in one package. One thing, no skins, only ini edits and a small wep pack update and or effects. The idea is to keep it small in size but game changing so to speak.

As for the squadronlist.ini goes DA, just start adding units from any and all mods we have like the Vipers, the F-15's, foreign, you name it just add it. It can be optional but go nuts on it.

I don't have A-10 engine sounds, but I've got a bitchin' GAU8 sound I'm going to upload to this thread later. I got it from CA somewhere (I'll have to figure out who to give credit to) and then doubled the volume. I also removed the tracers from the GAU8.

It's awesome to put your piper over a tank, pull the trigger and see smoke and hear that BBRRAAAAAAPPPPP, and then a few seconds later see the tank get engulfed in a giant cloud of dust and fire.

Edited by malibu43

Dave - I have a few different items that require additions to soundlist.ini. How do you want me to include those? A complete soundlist.ini with each mod I upload? Or just a txt file with the new entry? Or just one soundlist.ini for everything I'm uploading?

I would do just one soundlist.ini for everything your doing. Just easier that way. The less editing a newbie has to be the better. Our goal is to drag, drop and fly.

OK.

Here are my contributions:

RealMod AAA Pack 071012.rar

RealMod A-6 071012.rar

(requires SF2V and/or SF2NA)

RealMod A-10A 071012.rar

(SF2E only)

RealMod F-4 Loadouts 071012.rar

(includes all F-4's, may need to be broken up by title but there is a lot of overlap)

RealMod RWR 071012.rar

RealMod SF2 Carriers 071012.rar

(requires SF2V, SF2NA, and SF2)

We'll need to get permission from superskyshark to use his Avenger sounds and permission from Aube for his RWR sounds.

We'll also need to figure out how to handle the SF2 carrier mod since it requires multiple titles (to get the carriers). Maybe we could have a drag and drop folder for each title and then a folder for merged installs...?

• Like 2

As for the squadronlist.ini goes DA, just start adding units from any and all mods we have like the Vipers, the F-15's, foreign, you name it just add it. It can be optional but go nuts on it.

well thought on it during math class (quadratic equations are proving rather easy for me :rofl: )and i think best route will be to check stock player flyables for skins w/o units (again ie the Danes) and then add em on like my Phantoms. USAF units i'll leave be, but would we want to add Air National Gaurd TFS's? if so i'm half way on that. due to my own projects and RL i would just hit the squadronlist in a manner similar to my own. nice thing is i keep the non stock squadrons seperate so when TK adds units, i just shift those units to the back of the line and adjust my decals accordingly. as a SWAG call it additional 90-110 units. but any input on ANG units?

btw by leaving USAF units alone i mean 7TFS will mean 7th FBS, 7th TFS and 7th FS.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Hi Dave here's the 3D engine values:

[JetEngine]

Priority=NORMAL

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=False

Looped=TRUE

FrequencyControl=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

MaxDist=1500.000000

MinDist=100.000000

InsideConeAngle=160

OutsideConeAngle=200

ConeOutsideVolume=30

[JetBurner]

Priority=NORMAL

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=TRUE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

MaxDist=2000.000000

MinDist=100.000000

InsideConeAngle=200

OutsideConeAngle=360

ConeOutsideVolume=20

Guys,

Now that we're cooking with gas, we should consider something like Box.net as a collaboration site. We can just upload things as we see fit, make edits, and see what everybody else is doing.

Edit:

Box.net links rescinded to minimize confusion.

Edited by HomeFries

HR

We got plenty of space and everything we need here. Modders have unlimited uploads here. And if don't have it, I can get it. I don't want to have to go to another site for anything I can get or we can do here. But thank you for the offer.

We'll also need to figure out how to handle the SF2 carrier mod since it requires multiple titles (to get the carriers). Maybe we could have a drag and drop folder for each title and then a folder for merged installs...?

That is how I was thinking Mal. Here is the base mod folder. By the way put your stuff in there.

DA

You can add any units you want. Do't over think it, just start adding units until you puke.

BaseMod Folder.7z