Sign in to follow this  
mynameismatt

Next DLC: F-4 Skin Pack

,i have turned to the dark side. Got any cookies Stary?

sorry, no cookies. however, we do have punch and pie!

(southpark reference)

the info about the included textures is absymal, TK could consider extending the DLC pages with screen of selected products

I agree Stary. Not everyone is looking at the pictures on the facebook side.

And in this case, i think it wouldn´t be to hard to make a F-4N/S Dlc and not only skins....

• Like 1

whats this about cant extract files from DLC? sheer laziness in the decal.ini dance is the main reason i want this.......

and Soulfreak i mentioned this about S awhile back. in one of the few replies i've gotten from TK he says it would take too much for him to change up the cockpit for an S model. only thing i dont like about our in house N and S is the lack of DECM on the N (correctable via fake pilot) and the lack of slotted stab. not a cockpit guru so cant make a stab at correcting them but it would seem its a matter of add ons and screen for the AWG-10 in the S, not a complete redesign.

Edited by daddyairplanes

whats this about cant extract files from DLC?

Of course you can extract files from DLCs you have buyed.

just have to change the file type in extractor to all files instead of *.cat files!!!

Of course the DLC files are locked in the same way cat files are (no lod files etc.)

ok ok must have misread something. buying after i send kids to school, bumping low viz decals for these to priority over USAF.

you just have select the cat, dlc pane on the extractor drop-down window.

like paulo said, no LODs, but (nearly) everything else is there

Anyone have shots of some of the skins? More of the Blue Angels (TK only posted 1)?

all natural or modded Malibu? and i know how to use the catextractor Wrench. this is just my first DLC and i misread something earlier in the thread. already all extracted and workin the ini dance. N works nicely with it but the J skins will hafta be edited abit for the S due to slimers. big ugly black rectangles!

Sorry for the misinformation. I had wrongly assumed that DLC skins locked the textures. I am sure TK would be bothered if somebody "modded" these new skins and distributed them. So, if terrain files that very few would ever steal or benefit from are locked down, why are skins that he is trying to sell be open to extraction/modding/redistribution? I don't get TK's logic on which files to lock down or no lock down? Leave them all open or protect your property as best you can, but sitting in the middle where honest modders are impeded but dishonest pirates are not does not make any sense to me.

• Like 1

like paulo said

Hello Kevin, may I introduce myself?

I´m Carlo! :hi:

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1

:drinks:

nice to meet you! I"m an idiot, and can't seem to keep names straight lately!!

:lol:

:drinks:

nice to meet you! I"m an idiot, and can't seem to keep names straight lately!!

:lol:

No problem Bob! :biggrin:

Henry's getting old, get used to it Peter :biggrin:

been thinking the same streakeagle working on these last night. i figure the decals are fair game as always (thank goodness cause my VF-202 tail is a bit off on the angles), the Ferris, Heater Ferris, TPS and LoViz Grey need modification to paint the antennea, traffic lights and some other minor details. the skins such as Blue Angels i'm leaving alone though after lo-viz'ing the tails and adding carrier names i'm thinking VX-4 could be changed up to make a Black Mike (display FGR2 for RAF 111 Sqn their last year in Phantoms). got frago to run a family friend to a funeral late last night so will post pics from work tonight after getting back. posting this mssg on wifes Acer as i finish re-setting it up.

and slarti, i can call you Eddie and Eddie when you call me you can call me Al. :biggrin:

Edited by daddyairplanes

it's a shame. they make F-4J late and F-4S skins, just not the models. It's not as if it's a very hard task...

and more in just 2.99 weeks :biggrin:

but seriously gotta get decals made for VF-151, 161, and TPS versions for 74 and 103 as well as a modified 201 and 202 up and running. frankly i like my loviz grey better but will edit the decal ini so the DLC can use the lo viz decals. still gotta touch up some of the decals but all markings except the walkway are tgas. screenie on the screenshot thread shows the ferris with my VF-154 decals although my research only shows VF-194 trialing that scheme. HUGE thanks to mytai whereever you are.

if anyone has a book or pics other than the Color and Markings no 17 and 22 i would appreciate a peek.

Funny thing is that most of those tps and the heater ferris jets were F-4S not F-4J. VF-103 had a couple of f-4J's in early 82 according to my info, but the other squadrons flew the F-4S.

well...fake pilot ECM is a bit coarse tbh, best a modder can do tho i suppose. J Late has more changes too.

For the Navy most flew J's right upto the beginning of the 80's. VF74 and VF-103 were the last to fly the Phantoms on cruise in LANTFLT and had J's in 81, S's for the 83 final cruise. N's lasted in PACFLT until around 82-83 on Coral Sea and the S bowed out on active duty on the Midway in 85. however all displayed models will be on J right now as decals placement is the same for all naval Phantom models and when i get the lowviz tails done i'm makin a folder and editing the decal ini for the new DLC.

For the Navy most flew J's right upto the beginning of the 80's. VF74 and VF-103 were the last to fly the Phantoms on cruise in LANTFLT and had J's in 81, S's for the 83 final cruise. N's lasted in PACFLT until around 82-83 on Coral Sea and the S bowed out on active duty on the Midway in 85. however all displayed models will be on J right now as decals placement is the same for all naval Phantom models and when i get the lowviz tails done i'm makin a folder and editing the decal ini for the new DLC.

I was talking about the new Third wire skin pack.

i know. i'm finishing the decals on my skin, already in progress, and uploading a pack with the lo viz tails for the DLC as well as my own.

does anyone know whether this skin pack will also work with a SF2:NA-only install?

The DLC page indicates no, but I think to remember that the basic Navy F-4 files are also included in the NA-cat files...

you'll need SF2 or 2V to run it. the object cats might list it but likely wont actually read or use it. i think SF2E might have the navy birds also but its been long enough since i had it unmerged that i really dont remember. my opinion, i got Europe first, then added everything else to enhance that theater.

more progress on the lo viz project.

you'll need SF2 or 2V to run it. the object cats might list it but likely wont actually read or use it. i think SF2E might have the navy birds also but its been long enough since i had it unmerged that i really dont remember. my opinion, i got Europe first, then added everything else to enhance that theater.

more progress on the lo viz project.

Have you tought about using the older F-4S that used to be on column 5's site ( I believe it was done by Crab02) It has a much more accurate nose contour than the mirage factory S or the third wire J.