Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

Seeking videos of cockpits with TrackIR in air combat.

Hello everyone. I would like to ask for some help in finding some online videos. I am trying to find good videos that show the positive aspects of having a 3D cockpit and TrackIR working together. I am not looking for a simple TrackIR demonstration video. I am seeking instead videos showing the advantages of using a 3D cockpit in conjunction with TrackIR in a sim for combat flying. I would like, if possible, videos that stay with the pilot's eye view throughout the ACM/BFM portion of the videos. Also I would like the videos to be from as wide a range of simulations as possible, for example Strike Fighters 1&2, First Eagles1&2, Rise of Flight, DCS/LOMAC, IL-2:1946, Mig Alley, Falcon 4, Falcon BMS, JANE's F/A-18, and so on.

My reason for asking is that there is a bit of a debate on another forum I have been reading about the issue of cockpit Vs. no-cockpit view, first person perspective (classic sim view) Vs third person perspective(FreeLancer, AceCombat style). However it seems to me like a lot of the people talking are not up on what the latest in flight sims are capable of providing in immersion and situational awareness. All I would like are some good examples of what is now possible so that I can present them for educational purposes, as in this case I think a picture(or video) is worth a thousand words.

Thank you.

This is an old video at far less than HD quality, but it demonstrates my style of gameplay: no external view and no icons:

TrackIR makes this style of play more realistic by not using a POV hat or zoom axis.

The WoV game engine allows you to see objects if they are at least one pixel in size, so you can lean forward to zoom in and spot distant targets.

Unfortunately, SF2 eventually took this capability away, so aircraft now pop into view at a hard-coded range.

I am still playing this way despite the new limits, which are painfully obvious with B-52 sized aircraft but not to bad for MiG-17 sized targets.

I use this same style with all every game I have that can use it: DCS, Aces High, ArmA 2, Falcon 4 BMS,

However, I don't have videos for the others.

Here is a new one I just uploaded at full 1600x1200 resolution with stereo sound. It took quite a while, so I don't know if I am going to bother to upload the first two parts. Here are the links in order part 1 to part 3:

Edited by streakeagle

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Capt_McFly
      here is the problem, I like the A-6 want to use the ones in game to fly so i downloaded this: 
       but don't know how to installed, keep in mind I have 2 weeks top of playing and discoveriing this game.

thanks in advance 

My end goal is to be able to use the A-6 Superpack by HomeFries 
    • By Lex2Limit
      Hi Folks,
      Sorry for my late introduction. I've been on board here for a few years, but have only ever been a spectator.  I'd like to get actively involved as well and will put a couple mods here on the board.
      I have made a few modifications to F-14 (TW and TMF) cockpits, but specifically I am working on a graphical upgrade for the F/A-18 cockpit from Brain32. Especially on the DDI's
      My problem:
      Can someone help me redefine the textures for the ICP.
      For the F/A-18 A cockpit there is only one texture for the counters - DDI_Counter_1. I would like to have my own definition for the ICP. DDI_counter_3, because for the F/A-18C cockpit there are already two. (fuel)
      So that it looks in the end like this:

The result till now is this:

I make the whole Font as Glass Gauge. It's a free font it will match for the hud and DDi's but not for the ICP. (Like DCS F/A-18C)
      Nice Greets 
      Lex
    • By orsin

View File F-15C MSIP Cockpit Repaint
      This is a quick repaint of the existing F-15C cockpit released on F-15 Superpack Redux 2016. I believe it has already been repainted by Viper63 back a while, however a few artifacts lead to my decision to redo the color and give it a TW color tone.

Installation

Credit

Legal Stuff
      Hello everyone, has someone added a 3d element to an existing cockpit using the false pilot method ??? I want to make a modification to cockpit by putting elements and making them visible through the line "open cockpit = true", but I want to know the experience of some of you
    • By LilLucy
      Sooooo since the last topic was kinda ded i decided to post again.
      Basically im editing the Su-35 cockpit  and i like the re texture ive been workin on 

But the HUD i really wanna change to the Modern Flanker cockpit HUD made for Marc's Sukhoi's (HUD pic below) 
      sooo im asking on how to do it, since the HUD the 35 cockpit came in would look too old to put in a modern Fighter like the Su-35. 
      Please help.. so i can finally release the Su-35 mod..
      sincerely
      -Noon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..