RogerSmith

Post random things thread

Whenever I'm in need of a good laugh I check out these guys on you tube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=biArkwUaURA

...... you should check out their other clips. Just don't eat or drink anything while viewing

Edited by Piecemeal

You guys really need help.............

That Space Invaders video was awesome!

Just heard these guys the other day for the first time when I saw this video:

And the original version:

And the Beer song:

FC

• Like 1

(pardon the terrible phony Irish accent...it makes it sound better)

Me darlin' sainted mither, it was, who taught me that two wrongs don't make a right.

Me high school drivin' instructor, it was, who taught me that three lefts do.

Anybody can land on the sun at night, especially in his hemisphere's winter...it's longer than twelve hours. If you want to prove you're good land on it during a solar eclipse.

A partial eclipse would be even more tricky.

Anybody can land on the sun at night, especially in his hemisphere's winter...it's longer than twelve hours. If you want to prove you're good land on it during a solar eclipse.

A partial eclipse would be even more tricky.

Please, be serious. We all know with current technology, going to the sun in less than 1 night is impossible. I'm starting to think this korean journey to the sun might not be complettely true :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by shotdown

With all due respect to my learned colleague (I've always wanted to say that), current technology that you're aware of.  :dry:

From "Bow towards the sky, the History of Spanish Naval Aviation since 1917"

Late 70s. The Spanish Navy is undergoing exercises in the Alboran Sea, east from the Gibraltar Strait. A Hughes 500 flying off a FRAM destroyer, ends a gunnery spotting exercise and the pilot lands on Alboran Islet, where the garrison is commanded by a former classmate. Since they had a farm with a few animals, he asked for a pig so he could provide some special mel for the destroyer crew. The shocked detachment grabbed their biggest pig, drugged him, tied him to the co-pilot seat and covered him with a blanket for a ride to the nearby destroyer.

After take-off, the CVL Dédalo (ex-USS Cabot) radioes ordering them to land on the carrier to refuel, since the destroyer´s aviation fuel tanks had been contaminated. The pilot, terrified because of his non-regulations co-pilot, tried to find an excuse not to land, despite the carrier being just below the helo. He thought of disabling the radio (quoted as "disabling", not deactivating) and arguing "My tanks are full" "I still have another flight this evening". All the answer he got was "Cleared for approach, land on spot 3" wich meant just beside the bridge, where his copilot´s head, wich had emerged from the blanket, would be exposed in plain sight. 

On purpose, the pilot flew past it insanely fast. After being reprimanded over the radio for "playing kamikaze", he was cleared to land on spot 1. The signalman stood in awe as he saw the pig attached to the seat. The pilot hoped he would refuel as quickly as possible and leave for the destroyer, when the radio commanded "May the pilot report to the Captain" wich was a common courtesy. The pilot elaborated further excuses not to leave the cockpit "my co-pilot is unexperienced and i would like to train him in the refuelling operation" while begging the deck crew not to expose him. 

Finally, the pilot left the helicopter and headed for the bridge, where he was mocked because of his poor airmanship and how the passenger´s face was unfamiliar, and his flight qualifications as a co-pilot questionable. When released from the bridge, the anxious pilot got goofy, tried to take off while the helicopter was still secured to the deck, and almost hit the signalman when he finally got to leave the carrier.  

Back in the air, the pig, awake and panicking, tried to free himself from his attachements, and when unable to do so, pissed and pooed all over the cockpit. The helicopter needed to be partially dismantled to be cleaned thoroughly, and the destroyer crew appreciated the logistic effort and enjoyed the meal. The pig´s opinion was not reported in the book.

It is also mentioned that there was a precedent in wich an Bell-47G airlifted a wild hog from an Spanish National Park in an uneventful flight

• Like 1

Funny. But I'll believe it when pigs...

ok, I believe it. :biggrin:

...The pig´s opinion was not reported in the book.

This reminds me of the example of the difference between being "invested" in something and being "committed" to it.

You enjoy a breakfast of bacon and eggs. The chicken is "invested" in that meal. But the pig is "committed" to it.

I look a long time for a 90's commercial which marked me as a child, someone has finally posted it online.

Warning, typically dark humor.

• Like 2

Owls!!! Eels!!!

• Like 1

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned
to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike
up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total
stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God,
or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.

"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask
you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same
stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns
out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence,
thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which
the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know shit?"

And then she went back to reading her book.

• Like 6

I only wish this was Jug

1506844_659946690737116_507986098_n.jpg

• Like 4