I'm painting mine directly, i just use decals for serial numbers.

Hey Centurion! I have other 2 long lasting planes in my HD waiting for complete skinpacks ....

post-5138-0-71695800-1360799115_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-14613600-1360799087_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-46908400-1360799095_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-43370900-1360799099_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-17158100-1360799103_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-74916500-1360799105_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-27499100-1360799110_thumb.jpg

.... but maybe these IRAQI ones could be useful

Edited by paulopanz

Ok guys, here´s today´s work, i might say i´m half done with it, just need to check some stuff with Martin now.

post-37878-0-41555700-1360807257_thumb.jpg

post-37878-0-50505900-1360807261_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Which of them the player will be

Iran or Iraq?

I recommend you to be Iran

Just F-14A's are enough for my reason

Iran for now, but will probably make "mirror" campaigns that let you fly for Iraq. But many of the IrAf aircraft lack proper avionics and cockpits, so that is a problem. Therefore if Stary says he will make cockpits for some of the birds the importance of that can not be understated!

Enoc that Su-20 is looking better and better, cant wait to try it

Paulo yes please anything relating to Iraf is welcome, those planes will add a nice ambience!

Man common

Iran is good but Iraq ...

It's not enjoyable to leave the F-5's F-4's And F-14's and fly with MiG-21 or MiG-23

..... about MiG-23 I have all flyable with Ordway cockpits.

best way his two campaings one can chooge watt he wants to fly or not

and about avionics not real right its liveble to me

The SF1 Iran-Iraq mod had both countries flyable. It was fun trying to survive the Tomcat enslaught in a MiG-21 then going to the menu and switching to my Iranian campaign (and usually ending up getting shot down by an SA-2)

Here is the map of Iran's bases

The bases which are in red circle participated in war

If you need more information just call me

I hope I can help you

cd4d4nf9xdhtx295syo9.jpg

• Like 1

it's obvious that someONE has never even SEEN or flown over the Iran/Iraq map...cause I can tell ya, the guy that built it used that very same map 3 years ago

Plus sat imagery, and other references like the Osprey books

everything on that terrain is within 5-10 km of real life locations, given the inherent scaling issues of the 3W terrain engine (and original HFD issues from 2005 when the map was first released)

I can second that, as I have been working a lot using this terrain and it is real good. I guess I never saw how good it was before since I was so bugged by those old tiles. Now with some new/adapted tiles it feels interesting to fly over again. Because let's face it, Stary, Wrench and other terrain modders have set the bar high with releases like IndoPak, the new Germany terrain, the Sweden terrain, Formosa, Korea... :drinks:

With all the great community support for this project I feel very assured it's gonna turn out great!

That's absolutely true, Kevin. BTW I never seen that map before and I like it. :biggrin:

to be honest, I ALWAYS hated those tiles I used ... even comparing to GE and talking ot CA members that've been there (OIF,etc) , there is NO tiles that really fit the region. Isreal may be the closest; the the open 'desert' regions have always seeemed far to white/bright for my taste

I am the one who never flew over the map?! Havent even installed it, but I must be honest, I cant wait to test it with my new Su`s

not you Martin, the other poster.

you haven't flown it? I'm saddened!! :sad:

Hmm Wrench I hope my desert tiles are not too bright then, I used JSF Aggies tiles but lightened them up a bit since I always thought they were a tad dark and red-ish. With the current terrain system I think photorealism is not realistically achievable for such a large region, but as long as it does not look bad or completely unbelievable that is enough for me. I am nearing the end of tile work, only a couple of transition tiles left. Some of the road and river tiles are admittedly rather "quick n' dirty" right now, they could use more careful painting. I really think the new tiles makes the terrain more vibrant, esp. complete with TOD files. I have also been having doubts whether Israel farm tiles are too green right now...

i think so ... since eburger released OpD after I'd re-released this newer version.